Nag Tibba, literally meaning the Serpent’s Peak, is a part of the 3 ranges of the Lesser Himalayas – Dhauladhar range, Pir Panjal range, and Nag Tibba range. Located at an elevation of 3050 m above the sea level, Nag Tibba is the highest peak in the lower Himalayas of the Garhwal region. To enjoy the clear views of Bandarpoonch peak, Kedarnath peak, and Chanabang peaks, all one has to do is take the exciting Nag Tibba trek.
And those who have been missing out on the thrill of trekking in the Himalayas, you’re in luck. Thanks to its gentle terrain, the Nag Tibba trek is one of the easiest treks in India.
Interested in knowing more about the trek? Fret not. To answer all your questions about this trek, we present to you the Nag Tibba trek guide. Read on!
Best Time To Visit Nag Tibba
Though Nag Tibba is a year-round destination, the best time to visit Nag Tibba is late September – March. However, mid-November – March is the best season for Nag Tibba trek.
How To Reach Nag Tibba?
Nag Tibba is a 10 km trek from the base camps in Pantwari, located at a distance of 60 km from Mussoorie.
Nearest Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway head. Mussoorie is located at a distance of 33 km from the railway head.
Nearest Airport: Dehradun’s Jolly Grant is the nearest airport. Mussoorie is located at a distance of 60 km from the railway head.
Delhi to Mussoorie: Mussoorie is located at a distance of 285 km from Delhi. Buses and cabs ply between the two cities.
Suggested Read: The Ultimate List of Adventure Holidays In India For Summer 2019
Uttarakhand Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Witness the beauty of Uttarakhand and indulge in spiritual pilgrimages, adventure sports, and treks. Visit Nainital, Rishikesh, Haridwar, Auli, Jim Corbett, and more. Get best holiday deals on TravelTriangle.
Why Should You Visit Nag Tibba?
Camping in Nag Tibba is a wonderful year-round experience. And when it comes to the winter treks in Himalayas, the Nag Tibba trek is the most suitable option.
Reasons why Nag Tibba Trek is a great trek for beginners
- Wholesome trek: Within the 2 days of trekking to Nag Tibba, hikers experience most the things that a much longer Himalayan trek has to offer – Rhododendron forests, ankle-deep snow, and amazing views of some of the highest peaks of the Himalayas.
- Short duration: Depending on the route, the trek duration may vary between 2 – 5 days. It takes about 7 hours (10 km) to reach the hilltop from the base camp.
- Absence of step terrains: The Nag Tibba trek is one of the easiest winter treks in India. The terrain is very gentle without long stretches of steep climbs. This makes it perfect for those with little or no trekking experience.
Nag Tibba Trek From Delhi
Of the numerous options of trekking near Delhi, the Nag Tibba weekend trek is the best pick for amateur trekkers.
Delhi to Nag Tibba Journey Duration: 4 N/3D ex-Delhi
Nag Tibba Trek Map
Delhi to Nag Tibba Journey Map: Delhi – Mussoorie – Pantwari – Nag Tibba Base Camp – Nag Tibba Summit – Pantwari – Delhi
Nag Tibba Trek Route: Pantwari – Nag Tibba Base Camp – Nag Tibba Summit – Pantwari
Ideal Nag Tibba Trek Itinerary
Day 0: Overnight journey from Delhi to Mussoorie
- Highlights of the day: Overnight journey in bus
- Distance from Delhi to Mussoorie: 325 km
- Travel Time: 8 hours
Day 1: Day in Mussoorie
- Highlights of the day: Acclimatization | Sightseeing in Mussoorie | Overnight stay
- Places to visit: Kempty Falls, Lake Mist, Mussoorie Lake, and Library Bazaar are some of the places to visit in Mussoorie.
- Where to stay in Mussoorie: JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa, The Golden Palms Hotel & Spa, and Hotel Brentwood are some of the best resorts and hotels in Mussoorie.
Day 2: Drive to Pantwari and trek to the Basecamp
- Altitude: 2600 m above the sea level
- Highlights of the day: Check-out after breakfast | Road journey to Pantwari | Trek to base camp | Bonfire & dinner at camp | Overnight stay
- Journey Map: Mussoorie – Pantwari – Nag Tibba Base Camp
- Distance from Mussoorie to Pantwari: 60 km (2.5 hours)
- Trek from Pantwari to Nag Tibba base camp: 7 km (5 hours)
Suggested Read: Long Weekends In India 2019: Enliven Your Vacay Vibes!
Day 3: Trek to the Nag Tibba Summit
- Altitude: 3050 m above the sea level
- Highlights of the day: Breakfast | Trek to Nag Tibba summit | Trek down to base camp | Lunch at camp | Trek down to Pantwari | Road journey to Delhi
- Journey Map: Nag Tibba Base Camp – Nag Tibba Summit – Pantwari – Delhi
- Trek from base camp to Nag Tibba summit: 3 km (2 hours)
- Trek from summit to Pantwari: 10 km (8 hours)
- Distance from Pantwari to Delhi: 335 km
- Travel Time: 9 hours
Further Read: 10 Offbeat Trekking Spots In The Himalayas
Still thinking what to do? This short Nag Tibba weekend trek is your ultimate weekend retreat. So, pack your bags and Plan your trip to India and head to the Himalayas now!
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.