Horrible food, unfriendly people, no nightlife, jungles everywhere! Who on earth would want to visit a god forsaken region like Northeast India?
So, to further enforce your ideas, here are 31 convincing reasons why you should definitely scratch off Northeast from your bucket list, if only you have listed it. But then, if you haven’t – good for you!
1. Jungles everywhere!
Sikkim-Gangtok-Darjeeling Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Visit Sikkim and explore Yumthang valley, Tsomgo Lake, Gangtok, Nathula Pass, and Pelling. Experience peace and tranquility while exploring Buddhist monasteries, snow-capped mountains, and wildlife sanctuaries. Book packages inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals.
2. Oh So Backward!
Sparkling city lights of Guwahati
School kids in Mizoram
4. It’s such an unsafe place to be!
P.M Narendra Modi in Hornbill festival, Nagaland
5. No sense of Culture
Further Explore: 20 Must Visit Places When Travelling to the Northeast
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
6. Heck! It’s in China!
Umm…no, at least not yet .
N.B: Tawang Monastery, the largest Buddhist Monastery in India
7. No Patriotism
Republic Day in Guwahati
8. Food sucks in this region!!
9. They eat dogs and insects!
Renowned Assamese Chef, Atul Lahkar
10. You’ll get bored out of your mind because there’s nothing to do
Sunset in Sikkim
11. Seriously, is there anyplace where you can go have a good time?
12. You’ll get lost in the woods and get eaten by some wild animal!
Might aswell, right
Enroute Goecha La trekking
13. There’s no heritage
Statue of ‘Garuda’ in the ancient satra of Majuli
Must Read: 38 Most Colorful Places In India That Will Make Your Heart Skip A Beat
14. No historic sites
Rock sculpture in Unakoti, Tripura
15. How do they run their economy?
Assam is one of the largest producer of tea in India
16. There are no roads!
17. There’s no wildlife conservation
The rare, One Horned Rhino at Kaziranga National Park
18. They ate up their wildlife! Tribal people you know!
19. There are no hotels or resorts, where will you stay?
Mayfair Hotel, Gangtok
20. There’s nothing to see
Dzukou Valley, Manipur-Nagaland Border
21. Religious spots are non-existent
The ancient Kamakhya Temple at Guwahati
22. Really! Like are they all atheists?
Christmas at Shillong
24. People are Unfriendly
At the Hornbill Festival of Nagaland
25. No Nightlife
Cloud 9 Shillong
26. Music scene is just sad!
The best blues band in India- Soulmates Shillong
27. Really! Do they even know what rock music is?
Ziro Music Festival in Arunachal Pradesh
Must Read: 7 Most Beautiful Villages in India That You Must Visit Before You Die
28. The only thing they like to do is “Jhingi-la-la-ho”!
Fusion folk rock band from North east, Tetseo Sisters
29. And anyway, what’s so unique about the northeast?
Majuli, largest river Island
30. Is there anything that you haven’t seen before?
Yes, like floating islands (Phumdi) in the Loktak Lake, Manipur
31. Run from the wild tribes. Run and DON’T LOOK BACK!!
Explore the Northeastern region of India teeters on the farthest brink of the country. Also, one of the greatest unknowns and unexplored in Asia, it boasts of some of the most alluring places in the world. The people are simple and sweet and the culture is rich.
So, just break all your stereotypes and explore the realms of the ‘paradise unknown’.
Further Read: Places To Visit On A 7 Day Trip To Meghalaya
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.