When it comes to Sri Lanka, a short trip can easily become a week-long vacation, and a week-long holiday can last for a month or even more. With so much to see and do in this amazing island country, you can always find something new to see and do every day. The warm hospitality of the ever welcoming people, the beauty of the place and the heavenly cuisines can soon turn addictive making you never want to leave this island. If you are on a long weekend vacation, then these places to visit in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia on a long weekend is totally worthy to be on your itinerary list.
5 Places To Visit In Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia On Long WeekendWhen it comes to places to visit in Sri Lanka, these exciting places to visit in Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia on a long weekend is definitely worth trying for a fun-filled and adventurous vacation. Here are some of the most popular places you can explore on your long weekend.
1. Kelaniya Raja Maha ViharaStanding tall despite being destroyed twice by Indian and Portugese invaders, it is said that Lord Buddha visited the current site of the temple when he visited the continent for the third time. Restored by the Dutch during the 18th century, this grand temple of Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara today stands as a landmark of cultural charm amongst all the other tourist attractions in Colombo city. Location: Biyagama Road, Kelaniya, Colombo Timings: Monday to Sunday – 24 hours Entry Fee: Free Read More: Best Places To Visit In Colombo
Sri Lanka Holiday Packages On TravelTriangleBook your Sri Lanka trip from TravelTriangle: Inclusive of Hotels, Sightseeing, Transfers, & Meals. Best Prices Guaranteed. Get Customizable Package & Free Guidance From Destination Experts. Book Now! [metaslider id=54438]
2. Viharamahadevi ParkComprising of a park, a zoo, waterfalls, picnic hotspots, walking trails, thrilling rides, and an unruffled statue of Buddha, Viharamahadevi Park is one of the must visit places in Colombo for every traveler. Other than all the aforementioned activities, the park also features a library for travelers to relax and be all by themselves. Treating families, couples, and friends alike, make sure you dont miss out on this one when in Sri Lanka. Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka Timings: Monday to Sunday – 7 am to 6 pm Entry Fee:
- INR 10 per adult
- INR 5 per child
3. Dehiwala ZooImage Source The Dehiwala Zoo was built in 1936 to protect the wild animals and birds in the region and participates in animal exchange programs in an attempt to promote breeding and preservation of wildlife. You will find some of the most exotic animals and birds at this zoo. Make sure you catch the performances by the sea lions, elephants and chimpanzees at the zoo. Location:120 Quarry Rd, Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka. Timings: The zoo is open on all days from 8:30am to 6pm. Entry Fee: Charges for foreigners are INR 212 (per adult) and INR 106 (per child) while locals are charged INR 43 (per adult) and INR 13 (per child) to gain entry into the zoo.
4. The Curry LeafImage Source Known as, A Village In The Heart Of The City, The Curry Leaf is one of the most unique Sri Lankan restaurants serving the best Sri Lankan traditional food. Having a village themed set up with a calm ambience, and an elaborate menu including an irresistible seafood buffet, this place is a paradise for seafood lovers. Must Try: Mutton Kottu, Katta Sambol, Fish Fry(fish of your own choice) Location: 2, SIR CHITTAMPALAM A GARDINER MW, Lotus Rd, Colombo Timings: 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. Cuisine: Sri Lankan Zomato Ratings: 3.5/5 Average Meal For Two (Without Alcohol): INR 1,500 (tax excluded) Website | Reviews Read More: Best Sri Lankan Restaurants In Colombo
5. Attidiya Bird SanctuaryThis is one of the only places in the entire city that is known for providing shelter to a minimum of 50 different species of birds. This includes both migratory and local birds. Here you will be able to witness a large number of butterflies, water monitors, insects and other types of birds. But what is sure to get your attention is the mud strewn paths of the sanctuary which adds to the rustic but natural charm of the place. You should also keep in mind that while the biodiversity of this place by any place near it but this place is complete with tonnes of mosquitoes so make sure to cover yourself up while visiting this place. Location: At Boralesgamuwa in Colombo. Timings: 9 pm throughout the day but early mornings and evenings are best to visit migratory birds. Visit between December and January to see the beautiful migratory birds. Entry Fee: Free. Dehiwal-Mount Lavinia has hordes of interesting places and thrilling adventure spots that you just can't afford to miss. Be it the amazing beaches, the lively nightlife, the busy streets or the lush landscapes, this centuries-old island has everything that you could need to make your vacation a memorable one. While you are here make sure you explore the Places To Visit In Dehiwala- Mount Lavinia On Long Weekend. Visit Sri Lanka this holiday season and go on a journey of absolute delight, learning, and most memorable experience.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations. [metaslider id=50011]