Misty hills, scenic backwaters, unending coconut groves, and calming beaches of the lush green state of Kerala makes it an exotically romantic destination for newlyweds. And the long list of best places to visit in Kerala for honeymoon makes a honeymoon in Kerala an alluring affair. Read further to know about the best honeymoon locations in Kerala to have a dreamy affair with your partner.
17 Honeymoon Destinations In Kerala
With a wide geography & so many incredible honeymoon destinations in Kerala, the verdant state has much to offer. From the authentic ayurvedic experiences to laid back houseboat rides to cruises in Cochin & wildlife in Thekkady, God’s own country sure is a wonderful destination to kickstart your married life. Here’s a list of 17 romantic honeymoon spots in Kerala India for the sizzling holiday with your better half.
The lusciously beautiful hills of Munnar are one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in Kerala. Get closer to nature while roaming through the seamless expanse of tea plantations, exotic species of flora and fauna in Eravikulam National Park and beautiful falls at Pallivasal and Chinnakanal. Enjoy your trip even more with a stay at the Windermere Estate. Set in the hills of Munnar, it is a luxurious yet intimate country retreat. Stare into the gardens from your beautiful rooms, roam in the cardamom and coffee plantations & fall in love with your surroundings & partner. The beauty of the destination ranks it among the best tourist places in Kerala for honeymoon.
- When to Visit: Best time to visit Munnar is October to November and January to May.
- Where to Stay: Windermere Estate
- Places to visit: Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Indo, Pothamedu, and Poopara
- Things to do: Indulge in rappelling, rock climbing, and nature walks.
Kerala Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
A honeymoon in Kerala will fill you with memories. Witness pristine backwaters with comfortable houseboats, lush green hill stations, waterfalls, and plantations of tea and spice. Indulge in an ayurvedic massage or taste exotic cuisines. Book Kerela honeymoon on TravelTriangle. Best prices guaranteed.
The ultimate romantic experience on a trip to Kerala is being served a freshly prepared meal as you enjoy the lush greenery, endless paddy fields, remote islands and tranquil backwaters in a beautiful houseboat. And if this romantic dream is what you are looking for in your honeymoon then there is no better place than Alleppey to make it come true. Stay in the luxury cottages at A Beach Symphony which provides its guests with the stunning view of the Marari Beach , amazing food and the privacy that you would want on your honeymoon.
- When to Visit: Best time to visit is October to February.
- Where to Stay: A Beach Symphony
- Places to visit: Marari Beach, Alleppey Beach, Revi Karunakaran Museum, St. Andrew’s Basilica Arthunkal, and Kuttanad Backwaters
- Things to do: Cruise, Kayaking, Backwater tours etc.
If you have ever seen a postcard of the state, there is a chance that you have come across the Kovalam beach with the landmark lighthouse in the background. Stay at Kovalam for a relaxed beach holiday with your partner. Visit the nearby Lighthouse beach, Hawah beach, and the much quieter Samudra beach and watch the beautiful sunset holding hands. Stay at The Leela Kovalam, one of the finest and biggest beachside resorts in Kerala. Cradled between two sweeping beaches, the hotel is perched on a rock-face and offers the most panoramic views of the famed Kovalam shoreline.
- When to Visit: The best time to visit Kovalam is between September to March.
- Where to Stay: The Leela Kovalam
- Places to visit: Rock-cut Cave Temple, Samudra Beach Park , Sunset Point Cape, and Lighthouse Beach
- Things to do: Sightseeing, Houseboat, Water Sports etc.
Suggested Read: 16 resorts in Kerala you will yearn to be with your sweetheart
For a memorable trip, choose a honeymoon destination in Kerala that will not only give you the amenities and comforts that you love but also the natural beauty for which you have traveled so far. In Bekal, you will find both. Clean sand and water, panoramic view of the Bekal Fort and close proximity to the calming backwaters of Valiyaparamba, make this destination a perfect spot for an intimate holiday with your partner. Stay in the quaint villas of Vivanta By Taj, Bekal where you get a fantastic melange of lagoons, backwaters and the sea. In addition, the embellished gardens converge to the beautiful Kappil beach.
- When to Visit: Best time to visit Bekal is from October to March.
- Where to Stay: Vivanta By Taj
- Places to visit: Bekal Beach, Bekal Fort, and Nityanandashram Caves
- Things to do: Sightseeing, visiting Ashram Caves & beaches.
Suggested Read: 11 Romantic Beach Resorts in India for the Summer of Love
With its thick rainforest cover, spice plantations and dazzling waterfalls, Wayanad is the perfect spot for an intimate yet exciting honeymoon. Visit the Kuruva Island for a laid-back picnic, trek atop the Chembra Peak for a spectacular view, get dazzled by the Meenmutty Waterfalls, visit rare sites like Edakkal Caves and relax at a charming resort located amidst nature. Stay at the Vythiri Resort for a combination of modern amenities and natural beauty that will overwhelm you. For a truly spectacular experience, stay at one of the tree houses designed to provide you with the best sights of nature.
- When to Visit: The best time to visit Wayanad is from October to May.
- Where to Stay: Vythiri Resort
- Places to visit: Chembra Peak & heart-shaped Chembra Lake, Edakkal Caves, Kuruvadweep river delta, Wayanad Heritage Museum, Thirunelli Temple, and Soochipara Falls
- Things to do: Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Bamboo Rafting, and caving
Kumarakom, a calm backwater town on the shore of Vembanad Lake is the perfect honeymoon destination in Kerala, if there is any. Unhurried and beautifully set amidst coconut groves, it is a great spot to indulge in leisure activities like boating and fishing and being bedazzled by the migratory birds at the famous bird sanctuary nearby. Stay at the Kumarakom Lake Resort that stretches across twenty five acres of verdant greenery alongside Lake Vembanad. With traditional villas created from old ancestral homes, this heritage hotel is well known for providing luxury in its finest manifestation.
- When to Visit: Best time to visit Kumarakom is from September to March.
- Where to Stay: Kumarakom Lake Resort
- Places to visit: Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Aruvikkuzhi Waterfall , Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom Beach, and Bay Island Driftwood Museum
- Things to do: Houseboat tours, bird watching, nature walks, and sightseeing
Suggested Read: Food Paradises of Kerala : Go on a gastronomic joy ride
Planning your honeymoon in Kerala but confused about what to do? These Kerala honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
If you are a couple who want their honeymoon destination in Kerala to be an exciting one, then Thekkady is the place for you. Visit Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary for the jungle ride which covers the lovely Idukki town, Mullaperiyar Dam, the sprawling vineyards and if you are lucky the endangered lion-tailed macaque. Also visit Murikkady for the panoramic view of the cardamom, coffee and pepper plantations and go for a full day Gavi tour to get the whole experience of the town. Stay at The Elephant Court, a beautiful resort set right next to the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary which gives its guests a flavour of the surrounding dense rain forests and the spice plantations.
- When to Visit: Best time to visit Thekkady is from September to May.
- Where to Stay: The Elephant Court
- Places to visit: Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary & Lake, Chellarkovil, Kumily, Murikkady, and Mangla Devi Temple
- Things to do: Boating tours, border hiking, jungle night patroling, and Jeep Safari
8. Poovar Island
For a truly spectacular trip, visit Poovar, a breathtakingly beautiful island with a rare congregation of lake, river, sea, and beach making it a natural wonder and an amazing honeymoon destination in Kerala. Accessible only through water, this spot provides you every option from a ride on the backwaters, an enjoyable day on the beach or a visit to the nearby fishing village. Stay at the Estuary Island Resort which offers enchanting views of the lake and the beach. Enjoy a quiet walk amidst the dense palm grove, alfresco dining by the lake, freshly caught seafood and authentic therapies for an intimate and memorable holiday.
- When to Visit: The best time to visit Poovar is from August to March.
- Where to Stay: Estuary Island Resort
- Places to visit: Poovar Golden Beach
- Things to do: Surfing, beack walks, museums, and temples
Surrounded by the three striking hills of Thangal, Murugan and Kurisumala, Vagamon will give you an immediate feeling of being away from civilization. Go for nature trails to see untamed buffaloes and elephants bathing in the small water bodies. Or indulge in the exciting sport of Paragliding for an unforgettable and adventurous experience. Full of orchids, meadows and pine forests, this marvelous hill station is best enjoyed with a loved one. Stay at the Vagamon Hide Out & Ayurveda Spa for a relaxed and eco-friendly experience. Surrounded by sparkling streams, lakes, tea gardens, and cardamom plantations, this resort is the perfect getaway from the hustle-bustle of city life.
- When to Visit: Best time to visit Vagamon is in summer from March to May.
- Where to Stay: Vagamon Hide Out & Ayurveda Spa
- Places to visit: Suicide Point, Echo Point, Marmala Waterfalls, Vagamon Hills, and Kurishumala Church
- Things to do: Waterfalls, nature walks, dams, and sightseeing
Suggested Read: You’ll Soon Be Able To Catch A Ferry From Kerala To Maldives
10. Varkala Beach
Perched along the edge of dizzying cliffs Varkala has a naturally beautiful setting making it one of the most popular beach destinations in Kerala. Wander along the cliff paths, relax on the beach and do not forget to bathe in the medicinal mineral water springs nearby for an enchanting experience. Stay at the Bluewater Beach Resort, located near the Varkala Beach. Providing a panoramic view of the Arabian Sea from its standalone wooden cottages, it is a great spot to enjoy a relaxed romantic holiday with your partner.
- When to Visit: Varkala is an ideal place to visit in months of October to March.
- Where to Stay: Bluewater Beach Resort
- Things to do: Beach walk, sightseeing, and shopping
The capital of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, or Trivandrum has the Arabian Sea on its West and Tamil Nadu to its East. The city is named after Lord Vishnu and is famed to its immaculate Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple, an architectural epitome and one of India’s most revered religious shrines of the country. This is among the top honeymoon destinations in Kerala as it gives a blend of everything from wooded highlands, stunning beaches, historic landmarks, and a cultural extravaganza. Offering modern international standards of luxury, Hilton Hotel goes extra mile for making the guest have the most exclusive stay experience ever. The hotel is strategically located and features an all-day multi-cuisine restaurant that’s perfect for that romantic dinner date you both have been planning. Every corner of this property has been tastefully decorated, with a minimalistic yet impressive approach.
- When to visit: October to March
- Where to stay: Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum
- Places to visit: Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Kowdiar Palace, Valiathura Beach
- Things to do: Shopping, museums, temples, and sightseeing
If you wish to make your honeymoon in Kerala all about nature’s splendor, then Kuttikanam is the place for you. Alongside having lush green tea gardens all around, this also is a place that attracts wildlife-lovers, since this region is home to monkeys, bison, and tigers. This is one of lesser-known Kerala honeymoon destinations, which means you won’t much crowd around. The former summer palace of Regent Queen of Travancore, Misty Mountain Plantation Resort defines comfort and style with its wooden cottages. Spread over an area of 600 acres, the property offers a magnificent view of the lush hills and rolling clouds. The resort also has a special focus on experience, whether onsite or offsite – whether it’s plantation safari or sightseeing.
- When to visit: October to February is the best time to visit Kuttikanam
- Where to stay: Misty Mountain Plantation Resort
- Places to visit: Pattumala Velamkanni Matha Church, Parunthumpara Hill View Point, Valanjamkanam Water Falls
- Things to do: Nature walks, and sightseeing
Unlike many other best places in Kerala for honeymoon, this is of a different kind. There’s no utter peace, but just the fair piece of serenity, and hustle and bustle. This is the commercial capital of Kerala, which also means you have incredible connectivity and stay options that will spoil you in a good way. The temples and churches of these towns are ancient and cast magic with its old world charm. This is the mainland portion of Kochi, and also has its name lent to Ernakulam District. A mid-budget property, with all the grandeur, the Grand Hotel in Ernakulam offers warm hospitality, with a touch of Kerala. The wooden flooring of the room adds on to its exquisite interiors. The in-house restaurant serves delicious Karimeen delicacies. Other than this, you can savor Chinese and continental varieties as well.
- When to visit: October to February marks the best time to visit Ernakulam
- Where to stay: Grand Hotel
- Places to visit: Mattancherry Palace, Cherai Beach, Hill Palace
- Things to do: BhoothathanKettu Dam, Kerala Kathakali Centre Kochi
The hub of India’s cashew trade, Kollam is one of the most romantic destinations in Kerala. This port city on the Malabar Coast has been praised by world travelers like Ibn Battuta and Marco Polo. This also happens to be the gateway to Kerala backwaters, as most parts of the city are embraced by the lovely Ashtamudi Lake. Couples here, have a lot to explore, from beaches, waterfalls, lakes, to the architectural landmarks. With 95 sea-facing rooms, this beach property is a must stay if you’re on a honeymoon in Kollam. This is a five-star hotel, with unbeatable rates, providing a luxurious experience. The hotel has a special suite for the honeymooners (Honeymoon Suites), which boasts of incredible sunset/sunrise view as well, along with the views of the backwaters. If you want, you both can opt for the tours offered by the hotel. The tours take you to Ashtamudi Lake, Munroe Island, and Kollam Beach.
- When to visit: October to March is the best time to visit Kollam
- Where to stay: The Quilon Beach Hotel & Convention Centre
- Places to visit: Ashtamudi Lake, Thevally Palace, and Kollam Beach
- Things to do: Sightseeing and watersports adventure
The granary of Kerala, Palakkad, or Palghat, allures with miles of lush greenery, babbling river streams, and the Western Ghats hillocks. Not just that, one gets to witness rich heritage while touring its famed landmarks like Palakkad Fort, and Jainimedu Temple. This is among the most beautiful Kerala tourist places for honeymoon!
A highly-recommended property for the honeymooners coming to Palakkad, Anaikatti is a riverside property. The Pinewood cottages are located amidst coconut trees, flaunting that dreamy tropical vibe. The property offers all the luxurious amenities imaginable – right from the swimming pool, to the spa and fitness center. If you’re looking for some activities, you won’t be disappointed, as the property lets you indulge in water polo, aqua Zumba, and mini golf.
- When to visit: November to March
- Where to stay: Anaikatti – By the Siruvani
- Places to visit: Palakkad Fort, Dhoni Waterfalls, and Jainimedu Jain Temple
- Things to do:
If you are looking for best honeymoon destinations in Kerala, then pick Pathiramanal for your romantic vacay. A heavenly abode for livers, this little island boasts of picturesque views. The best part is that this place is only accessible by boat so there will be no other human to disturb you except the rower. It is one of the amazing places to break the monotony and relax amidst the lush greenery.
- When to Visit: December – March
- Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport
- Where to stay: Pathiramanal Villas, Deshadan Backwater Resort
- Places to visit: Marari Beach, Kumarakoram Bird Sanctuary
- Things to do: Sightseeing
Sprawling on the stretch of 75 km, Kuttanad is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Kerala, India. The place is ideal for couples who want to unwind amidst nature and have relaxing moments with each other. Spend some quality time with each other on the houseboats. The landscapes from the boat look spectacular. After all, the backwaters of Kerala is one reason why tourism is thriving so much in the region.
- When to Visit: October-March
- Nearest airport: Cochin International Airport
- Where to stay: Riverine Backwater Resort, Omkaram Homestay
- Places to visit: Ambalapuzha Sree Krishna Temple, Vembanad Lake
- Things to do: Sightseeing, and backwater tours
Further Read: The Ultimate Guide to Top Tourist Places in Kerala
These destinations in Kerala for honeymoon are unusual yet astounding choices. While the breathtaking beauty will put you in awe, a lesser crowd will give you the seclusion and privacy you hope for on honeymoon. So which of these honeymoon destinations in Kerala are you heading to? Let us know and we’ll help you plan your romantic trip to Kerala.
Frequently Asked Questions About Honeymoon Destinations In Kerala
A. Kerala is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India.
A. Kovalam, Kumarakom, and Thekkady are some of the best places to visit for a honeymoon in Kerala.
People also read:
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.