Indonesia’s most popular island, Bali, is filled with charming beaches, serene waterfalls, coral reefs, and iconic rice paddies. The tourists can unwind around the lush green and beautiful landscapes of Bali. The iconic horizon, the white sand beaches dotted by coconut trees make this place a paradise for the vacationers. From spiritual and ancient temples for the devotees to hard-partying zones for party lovers, Bali has it all. Apart from the scenic attractions, Bali has a lot more to offer for all the adventure enthusiasts as well. While there are water sports to keep you indulged on land, you can also fly ten thousand feet above from the ground while trying skydiving in Bali. That’s right, Bali offers Tandem skydiving that is a breathtaking experience to witness!
This place even happens to be a perfect destination for adventure enthusiasts as it offers a wide variety of thrilling adventure sports for the tourists to enjoy. From flyboarding and kitesurfing to cliff jumping and freediving, Bali has it all. Let’s have a look at some places in Bali that offer skydiving and tips to keep in mind.
Best Places For Skydiving In Bali
A lot of people have skydiving in Bali on their bucket list, and why not? It is such an enthralling experience to boost the adrenaline rush in your body and make it one of the most memorable moments of your life. Flying thousands of feet above the island, among the clouds, you can set yourself free like a bird and witness the grain-sized temples and those white beaches from up above. The weather at this place is sure to please you and make your adventure activities even more entertaining and engaging. If you are thinking about where to skydive in Bali, then given below are the two best destinations for the same.
- SkyDive Bali
- Tour East Indonesia
1. SkyDive Bali (Tandem Skydiving)
This place is a resort town, and it is the best place for enjoying an adventure sport like skydiving Bali. You can enjoy tandem skydiving at this place where you will be accompanied by a well-trained and experienced instructor. If you wish to experience such an adventure, it is mandatory for you to be at least 18 years old. The process will begin with a few instructions from the operators that you will have to follow during the freefall and the landing. The operators will then connect you with a harness that will further be connected with the tandem instructor. Next, when you are equipped with the parachute bag, it’s time for the jump.
The operators at Kuta allow you to jump from a dramatic height of 10,000 feet where the instructor accompanies you till an altitude of 4,500 feet and then slowly glides away. In between, you can open your parachute up at the recommended height and land safely around any of the flat surfaces in Kuta. The cost of skydiving in Bali is inclusive of all the equipment that you rent.
Cost per person: 250 USD
Why to visit: for an enthralling experience of skydiving from a height of 10,000 feet
2. Tour East Indonesia (Indoor Skydiving)
If you wish to experience skydiving but fear the risks associated with the fall, the Tour East Indonesia is here to help you with the indoor skydiving in Bali experience that they allow. The setup is created in an aerodynamic tunnel, with a wind speed of around 270 kilometers per hour, where even a 4-year-old kid can enjoy the 2 min long freefall. The agency provides you with all the equipment, that is, the special attire, the shoes, and the helmet.
Before the dive begins, the operators will brief you with a few instructions that are only delivered in English. And then, you can enjoy the dive with as many as nine tourists around you. The only restriction, except the health-related ones, with this session, is that they can’t take in a person with bodyweight more than a hundred kilograms.
Cost per person: 51 USD
Why to visit: to experience the thrill of skydiving but in a much safer environment
Tips For Skydiving In Bali
Although you will be accompanied by an instructor who is well trained in his profession, skydiving is a risky sport and demands extreme care during each step of the process.
- If you are not entirely fit or have a physical disability that hinders your movement, you should not go for this sport. Also, if you are someone who is confined to a wheelchair, you must stay away from such adventures.
- People with heart and lung issues like heavy breathing or asthma are advised to keep away from going skydiving because the air pressure conditions at the height from which they will have to jump can worsen their health condition.
- It is advisable that pregnant women should avoid skydiving because staying in such low pressures and such a posture for an extended time period can affect the health of both the woman and her baby.
- Also, people will postural deformities should avoid going for such an experience as the weight of the bag and the flying position for such a long time can strain their vertebrae and cause it to pain.
How To Reach Kuta
- By Bus: The Trans Sarbagita shuttle bus service can be taken to travel from Denpasar Ngurah Rai international airport, which will drop you at the destination in around forty minutes. The fare for the ride is 0.3 dollars. You can easily find a bus to travel the distance up until 10 PM.
- By Taxi: If you are traveling with a lot of luggage, it is advisable to take a taxi for your convenience. A personal taxi can be booked for 25 dollars to cover that 10 kilometers long distance.
- By Car: If you are traveling with your friends or family, you can rent a car for yourself. For that, you need to provide an IDL, an embossed credit card, and a passport. In case you don’t have an IDL, you can get a temporary license issued at the nearby police station.
Rightly called the island of Gods, Bali is a mesmerizing destination that everyone must visit at least once in their lifetime. If you are an adventurous person, then Bali is sure to delight you with its thrilling sport activities like skydiving in Bali is the perfect choice for adventure enthusiasts planning a trip to Indonesia. Flanked between the Peninsula island on the south and Nusa Dua island on the north, there’s no doubt why Bali is the most popular island among the group of other 17,500 islands. It is a perfect destination to unwind yourself in the lap of nature, gather the spirituality of the temples, and whilst skydiving!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Skydiving In Bali
A. Almost all the people in Bali are bilingual and communicate in Bahasa Bali and Bahasa Indonesian. However, a smaller portion of the population is also fluent in English.
A. When touring the rest of the parts of the island, you can wear whatever you wish to, preferably something light and airy as the climate might be hot. However, when you are visiting a temple, the locals can get a little strict and not allow you if you are not fully covered, regardless of your gender. Also, it is mandatory for all to wear a sarong and a scarf inside the holy places.
A. This place is surprisingly very serene, with the crime rate as low as 8%. The only Hindu island in the Islamic State of Indonesia is protected by the government against any terrorist activities.