Are you planning for a trip to Vietnam in winters, but the most significant issue you are facing right now is that you are visiting Vietnam in October for the first time and you are finding a quick guide which can help you during your trip. Moreover, with the help of a guide, you would be able to know about what should you bring with you and what type of preparations you should be doing during this trip of yours.
If you have these questions in your mind, then this article contains everything that you need to know about travelling to Vietnam in October.
Vietnam Weather In October
Before heading towards further with this article, let us have a look at the weather conditions of Vietnam in October. It is noticed that Vietnam hits winters from October to February. So if you are travelling to Vietnam between these months, then you would have to face the winters in Vietnam.
Moreover, at various places in Vietnam, you would be able to face humid winters, while at some places, the temperature can drop below 10 degrees Celsius. If you are travelling to central or south Vietnam, then you would be able to notice that those places will be warmer and drier than other places in Vietnam.
Why You Should Visit Vietnam In October
This was all about the things that you bring with you whenever you are visiting Vietnam in October.
Let us now have a look at some reasons, why should you visit Vietnam in October-
- Just imagine you are visiting a place in winters, but you are still able to do all those things that you do in summers. If you want to take advantage of these things, then you should visit Vietnam in winters for sure.
- Although there are certain places here in Vietnam which offers you extreme cold weather while if we have a look at the overall climatic condition of Vietnam during winters, then we can say that the conditions are moderate. You would be able to enjoy several things there.
- If you want to visit Vietnam and take advantage of snowy weather, then you should visit Northern Vietnam during October.
- There are several places in Vietnam to explore that you would be able to take advantage of only in winters. Moreover, in winters, you would be able to notice a new kind of Vietnam all around.
Although there are several reasons because of which should visit Vietnam in October, while some of them are listed above?
Popular Events And Festivals In Vietnam in October
Some several events and festivals take place in Vietnam during the winter’s season. While one fact about these festivals of Vietnam is that, the dates of these festivals change annually and these festivals don’t occur on the same dates every year.
All the dates of these festivals are generally calculated with the help of the Buddhist lunar calendar. Moreover, there are various additional festivals, also.
Here are some of the key festivals that take place in Vietnam throughout the year-
- Tet – This is known as the Vietnamese New Year, which takes place from 23rd to 29th January. So if you are visiting Vietnam during this time period, then you should take part in this festival.
- Le Phat Dan – This is a festival that takes place on Buddha’s birthday on 30th April.
- Reunification Day – This festival again takes place on 30th April.
- Ghost Festival – This festival is also known as Vu Lan which takes place on 2nd September.
- National Day – The national day festival takes place on 2nd September.
Suggest Read: Vietnam In August: Explore The Lush Green Valleys
Economic Aspects When Traveling To Vietnam In October
If you want to go for a trip to Vietnam in winters, there we are sure that planning plays a really important role in that. But do you know that one most factor that plays a massive role in trip planning? It’s an economic factor. You would be able to go for or create a successful trip if that trip is within your budget.
So if you are planning for visiting Vietnam in winters or the month of October, then do have a look at the following points listed-below, as here we are going to talk about a rough idea of the budget that you need to plan a successful trip.
If you want to go with the minimum possible budget for your trip to Vietnam in October, then it will cost you around $40 per day. While if you have a good budget and you want to enjoy your trip to the fullest, then this price can range from $60-100 per day.
In this price range, you would be able to get your meals, rent, cab/bus fare and every such small to big things.
5 Places To Visit In Vietnam In October
Here is the list of 5 places to visit in Vietnam in October you should consider adding to your itinerary.
This is a city in North Vietnam which is one of the most visited and famous cities in Vietnam. If you want to explore more new things about Vietnam, then this is a must-visit place for you in October. During this time, the temperature in the city remains between 23 degrees Celsius and 28 degrees Celsius – pleasant enough for you to enjoy quality time.
2. Halong Bay
If you want to discover beautiful islands of Vietnam, then you should visit Halong Bay. Experiencing the lows till 21 degrees Celsius and highs till 28, Halong Bay welcomes you with a pleasantly its warm weather and extremely picturesque environs.
This is a place in Vietnam filled with several mountain ranges, where you would be able to lose yourself to the nature. This is one of the best places you can visit in Vietnam in October. The bright sunshine will melt your heart during this time of the year in this town of Vietnam.
4. Ho Chi Minh City
We are sure that you must have heard about this famous city in Vietnam. It’s famous for several places and temples you would be able to discover a new kind of Vietnam by visiting here. Located in the southern region of Vietnam, this city has several attractions for you to explore.
If you want to take beautiful pictures of yours, then this is the best place you should visit in October in Vietnam. The whole district is known for its lush-green tea landscapes as well as beautiful gardens that feature mesmerisingly vibrant flowers.
5 Things To Do In Vietnam In October
Here is the list of 5 activities that you should do if you are visiting Vietnam in October or in the winter season.
1. HoanKiem Lake in Hanoi
This place is known as the heart of Hanoi. Moreover, it’s one of the beautiful places that you can visit here. Here you would be able to take advantage of the positive and peaceful environment of the lake.
2. Swan Paddle Boat – If you are here at HoanKiem Lake in Hanoi, then this is a must-do activity in Vietnam.
3. Trekking in Sapa – If you are in Sapa, then you should go for trekking in the mountains with your friends or team members.
4. Cable cart – You can even take advantage of cable carts for moving from one mountain to another in Sapa.
5. Exploring caves – You would be able to explore several caves in NinhBinh during October in Vietnam.
Here we are going to talk about why you should visit Vietnam in October, while before that let us have a look at the things that you should pack with you during your trip to Vietnam in October.
- Northern Vietnam: First thing you should take with you while your visit to northern Vietnam is a warm scarf and hat. This is because the place is really cold and you would need these things during your visit to the mountains. Make sure you have warm sweaters with you. It would help if you were completely prepared for the cold in Vietnam
- Central Vietnam: If you are travelling to central Vietnam in October, then you should bring long pants as this area is breezy most of the time. Just the evenings are cool here so that a light sweater would be preferable
- Southern Vietnam: If you want to visit the beach, then don’t forget to bring your swimsuit with you. As in winters if you are visiting Southern Vietnam, then there is not much cold. There are broken streets so you can get a pair of good shoes with you
Here we have come to the end of this article, in which we discussed several things regarding visiting Vietnam in October. So, with a handy guide to visit Vietnam in October, you are ready to take a flight in upcoming the October.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vietnam in October
What’s the minimum cost per day to visit and explore Vietnam?
If we go for minimum cost, then that is $40, and it can go up to $100 per day.
Where to visit in Vietnam in October for taking advantage of snow?
If you want to take advantage of the snow, then you can visit Northern Vietnam for that.
Does Vietnam have good beaches?
Yes, Vietnam has a good number of beaches.
Is Vietnam safe for tourists?
Yes, there is no doubt that Vietnam is considered as one of the safest countries for local people as well as for tourists.
Do I need a visa for Vietnam?
Yes, all tourists must carry a valid passport and visa for a trip to Vietnam.