A tour guide from bonjour to adios in Europe
Rated 4.2/5 (based on 575 reviews)
5 Best Lakes in Europe
Famed for picturesque villas and villages, Lake Como in Italy is among the most beautiful lakes in Europe. With a surface area of 580 square kilometers, Lake Geneva is the largest lake in the Alps and among the largest lakes in Europe. Shared between France and Switzerland, this lake is a popular destination for swimming, yachting, fishing, and bird watching. Lake Constance—shared between Germany, Switzerland, and Austria—is a year-round destination in Europe. It is popular for both summer and winter sports like skiing, swimming, sailing, and sightseeing. Lake Balaton, another popular lake in Europe, is one of the top travel destinations in Central Europe. Visiting European Lakes will certainly make you feel close to nature and give a different experience on your holidays. Here are some of the most famous lakes in Europe:
1. Lake Como: A popular holiday destination in Italy, the lake is surrounded by luxury villas and charming towns. Boating, sunbathing are popular things to enjoy in the summer season.
2. Lake Geneva: Located in the majestic Alps, it is shared by France and Switzerland. Paddleboarding, hiking, shopping, boat tours, and sightseeing are popular things to enjoy around Lake Geneva. During the winter season, the lake is visited by families and honeymooners alike.
3. Lake Balaton: A major holiday destination in Hungary, the lake area features beaches, volcanic hills, holiday towns and upscale hotels along its 197-km shoreline. The north shore is dotted with vineyards, protected wetlands, and Balaton Uplands National Park - an ideal spot for adventure activities.
4. Lake Constance: Made by the Rhine River, the lake falls under the boundaries of Germany, Switzerland, and Austria. This region is popular for sightseeing, watersports, sailing, and swimming in summer season while winter-sports like skiing can also be enjoyed.
5. Lake Lucerne: Located in central Switzerland, the lake has a total area of 114 square km. Much of its 143-km shoreline rises steeply into majestic mountains up to 1,500 meters above the water level of the lake, resulting in many jaw-dropping views.
Your Requirements are unique!
Our experts would love to create a package just for you.
Fastest Growing Holiday Marketplace
Easy, Secure & Reliable
Want best packages handpicked just for you?
Fill the form and get a callback from our holiday experts
FAQ's of Europe
Read on to find out why our customers love us!
Barcelona, Amsterdam, Prague, Madrid, Paris, Istanbul, and the Mykonos are popular places to experience nightlife in Europe.
Skiing in the Alps, wine tasting in Tuscany, canal tours in Amsterdam, gondola rides in Venice, river cruise in Paris, and attending musical concerts in Vienna are unique experiences for tourists in Europe.
While Europeans prefer to speak in local languages, English is very well understood by general population. It is highly unlikely for visitors to encounter any language barriers in Europe.
From luxurious lake-side villas to shared dormitories, major cities in Europe have all sorts of check-in facilities available for travelers.
France, Italy, Spain, Germany, England, and the Netherlands are some of the most visited countries in Europe. The Alps and Mediterranean coastline is also popular destination in the summer season.
Aside from a few exceptions, Europe is among the safest places to visit in the world.
Winter is the most popular travel season in Europe, however, the summer season is ideal for outdoor thrills such as hiking and sunbathing.
How It Works
Personalise This Package
Make changes as per your travel plan & submit the request.
Get Multiple Quotes
Connect with top 3 agents, compare quotes & customize further.
Book The Best Deal
Pay in easy installments & get ready to enjoy your holiday.
Holiday Triangle Travel Private Limited
Address: Plot No - 29 , 3rd & 4th Floor,
Dynamic House, Maruti Industrial Complex, Sector 18,
Landline: 1800 123 5555
Connect with us on :
All rights reserved © 2018