The beautiful beaches in Mauritius are scattered in every direction. Hence, for touring purposes, one has to proficiently divide the island into different zones and to cover every zone a minimum of one day also falls short.
Touring for a day in Mauritius has recently turned a lot easier than before owing to the exceptional service of transportation. One can easily book a cab or rent a private car for the whole day and ride up to the famous tourist halts scattered across the island. The tourists willing to spend their own private family time in the beaches can also go for shuttle taxis which drop their passengers at a specific location.
To mention a few buses on how to reach beaches that are quite famous and crowd-pleasing, would be-
- Board on to Bus 17/17G, Curepipe Ian Palach North to reach Belle Mare, to enjoy various water sports.
- To reach the Trou-aux-Biches, one has to get into Bus 20 from Port Louis bus halt.
- Bus 20A is scheduled to travel from Port Louis to Grand Pointe aux Piments.
- A series of buses 23/23A/23B, 24/24A and a few more are known to take the tourists from Port Louis to Rivière du Rempart.
- Bus 46 is known to shuttle in between Mahebourg Traffic Centre and Blue Bay Terminus.
The only option of travelling overseas via water on how to reach beaches is by boarding onto a ship or cruise up to Port Louis in Mauritius which is itself a major beach area.