India is full of surprises. There is beauty, there are landscapes, heritage sites, temples, beaches, hills, forests and so much more. However, all these things are pretty overt. No one seems to think twice about them since they are so over-exposed. Now, here is a list of 10 abandoned places in India which are hauntingly gorgeous. And they would prove to be a breath of fresh air too, since they are not talked of often.
Let’s take a look.
1. Banni Grasslands Reserve, Rann of Kutch – The land of Chir Batti Ghost Lights
2.Bengal Swamps, West Bengal – The land of Aleya Ghost Lights
3. Bhangarh, Rajasthan – An acclaimed haunted fort
4. Chiktan, Ladakh – A grand old castle situated right on top of an isolated mountain
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
5. Dhanushkodi, Tamil Nadu – An abandoned town where Ram Setu (A rocky bridge formed between India and Sri Lanka created by army of Shree Ram’s followers) was once established
6. Ganga and Brahmaputra Delta – Notorious for the unexplained sounds
7. Kalavantin Durg, Maharashtra – The most dangerous fort in India to traverse
8. Kuldhara, Rajasthan – The village abandoned collectively by all its inhabitants overnight for unexplained reasons
9. Shettihalli Church, Karnataka – An abandoned Church which is occasionally submerged in Hemavathi River
10. Vijayanagara, Karnataka – A world heritage site of Vijayanagara Empire
Aren’t these places amazing? Plan a trip and Do tell us if you can think of some more such places.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.