Are you bored staying at home? Do you want to explore a variety of exotic places and perhaps try out different kinds of food? Or are you the kind of person who is seeking adventure and thrills? Perhaps you wish to learn more about culture and history? Is it a change in weather that you wish to experience? Or do you want nothing but a relaxing vacation? The options are limitless, especially if the place you plan to visit is in Europe. Be it a solo vacation or as a group, a trip to Europe is exactly what you need.
July in Europe is generally a hot time of the year, so do not pack many warm clothes. It’s a beautiful time to check out European beaches. But one might need to be wary of crowds as July is the time of year when school is out and offices are closed; so almost everyone is mostly travelling, meaning that one can expect longer queues and larger crowds. Below are 10 of the best places to visit in Europe in July.
10 Best Places To Visit In Europe In July
1. Rome, Italy
Rome, a land filled with bountiful culture and history. Rome is the best place to be at if you are the one who has an eye for art and architecture. Rome, also known as the ‘ Eternal City’, translates to more sunshine, longer days and pleasant warm nights.
- Inhale the most original pizza and spaghetti (taste the finest pizza and spaghetti at Rome, the home to pizza, pasta and spaghetti)
- Explore the Colosseum (Explore the Colosseum and take a dive into its rich history; marvel at the magnanimous roman architecture and maybe visit the cool gift shop)
- Raid the Roman Catacombs (Are you looking for spooky and thrilling? Then explore the Roman Catacombs, an underground tunnel system filled with myths, legends, history and lots and lots of skulls.
2. London, England
Taste the royal treatment only in London. London is one of the most alluring cities and is one of the best places to visit in July and has some of the most beautiful places to see. Do not miss out on an opportunity to visit Her Majesty’s own country because it is one of the amazing places to visit in Europe in July.
- Viewing London from the Shard (the Shard is the tallest building in all of Europe and has is the tallest observation point in London; offering tourists a 360 degree view of the majestic city.
- Exploring Her Majesty’s home (Buckingham Palace is home to the Royal Family; located at Westminster)
- A ride and view, coupled together at the London Eye (Enjoy one of the most romantic experiences and scenic views of the London skyline and the Thames)
3. Edinburgh, Scotland
What is beautiful about Edinburgh is the fact that it still retains its medieval charm. Edinburgh is an amazing place to spend a peaceful and quiet vacation. The weather is perfectly warm and chilly, there at Edinburgh during July.
- The World’s Largest Arts Festival (Enjoy the Edinburgh Fringe, a true cultural and recreational experience)
- Visiting Nessie at Loch Ness (Enjoy the mysterious silence of Loch Ness and keep an eye out for something large in the water)
- Medieval ruins (Visit medieval castles like Stirling Castle and Fort Augustus)
4. Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam is a beautiful place to visit during the Summer. It has some of the most amazing places to visit and offers a variety of experiences that can satisfy any and all tourists
Things to do:
- North Sea Jazz Festival (this is one of the largest indoor music festivals in the world)
- Rijksmuseum (check out a huge collection of art including the work of Vincent Van Gogh or check out the largest public art history library in the Netherlands)
- Anne Frank House (experience what it must have been like for the Franks during the Holocaust)
5. Dubrovnik, Croatia
Do you wish to travel someplace exotic and aesthetic? A city that marvels? Then head over to Dubrovnik, Croatia for some of the most romantic experiences in Europe.
Things to do In Dubrovnik:
- Dubrovnik Cable Car (a truly scenic and adventurous experience; traverse over hills and cities)
- Banje Beach (if you’re tired with walking around Croatia, then it’s time for some beach fun at one of the best beaches in Croatia)
- The Island of Lokrum (take a ferry or kayak all the way to Lokrum; go diving, visit Fort Royal Castle or check out an 11th century monastery.
6. Rhodes, Greece
Beautiful sceneries, a warm climate, delicious food and incredible architecture; that pretty much sums up how Rhodes, Greece is. It is a wonderful place for both families and couples.
Things to do:
- Get lost in Rhodes Old Town (a UNESCO World Heritage Site; avail the opportunity to get lost in its 200 nameless streets)
- Get drenched at the Water Park (for the most amazing water experience at Rhodes, head over to Water Park for the most fun!)
- Thermal Springs at Kallithea (check out the thermal springs at Kallithea and woo away all your stress by taking a dip in the warm, relaxing water)
Suggested Read: Europe In August 2019: A Handy Guide To A Relaxing Vacay
7. Interlaken, Switzerland
Are you up for some chills and thrills? Then head over to Interlaken, Switzerland, the ‘Sports Capital of Europe’. From water sports to high altitude activities, find it all at Interlaken. This is one of the incredible places to visit in Europe in July.
- Mission Impossible from the sky (from skydiving to paragliding to hang-gliding find it all at Interlaken)
- A train through the mountains (travel from Interlaken Ost station to Jungfraujoch, also known as Top of Europe, for an amazing experience of travelling through snow and tunnels)
- Kayaking at Lake Thun (this is the ultimate summer activity at Interlaken)
8. Barcelona, Spain
Barcelona is a beautiful summer vacation destination. Be amazed by the breath-taking architecture, take a dip into the majestic Barcelona beaches or just explore the city on a Vespa.
Things to do:
- Explore Park Guell (Park Guell is a photographer’s or art enthusiast’s hotspot as it is a creation of Antoni Gaudi, one of the greatest architects that ever lived)
- Fun at PortAventura World (it is the ideal place to have fun with friends or family)
- Spying on fish at the Barcelona Aquarium (it is home to more than 10,000 animals and 450 species; making it a visual treat for both children and adults)
9. Ljubljana, Slovenia
Do you want to head over to someplace exotic that is relatively cheap and sees less crowds? Then Ljubljana is the place that you are looking for.
Things to do In Ljubjana:
- Explore the city by feet (walk across the city, raid chocolate shops and treat yourself to local cuisine)
- Prepared to be astounded by Ljubljana-style art (to quench the art enthusiast in you, visit Metelkova; a non-commercial art suburb)
- Enter the House of Illusions (prepare to be mystified at Muzej Iluzij)
10. Budapest, Hungary
Visit Budapest, a land rich in history, traditional cuisine and architecture. It is a great place to enjoy a private vacation and to avoid all the summer tourist crowds.
- Marvel at the gigantic SzentIstvánBazilika (St. Stephen’s Basilica is the largest church in Budapest with a dome that is as tall as that of the Hungarian Parliament)
- Let loose at Széchenyi Bath & Spa (this is an exquisite place to let loose and relax; releasing all the pent up stress and slowly rejuvenating)
- Explore Margaret Island (Margaret Island is a beautiful place to visit during summer as it is lined with some of the most colourful flowers; a truly romantic destination)
These above-listed places to visit in Europe in July have something unique to experience and will undoubtedly make this the best July vacation that you have ever had. Europe has a variety of cultures and some of the most amazing traditions. The landscape of each place is equally breath-taking. Europe has some of the most amazing locations, making it ideal for photography enthusiasts and travellers. Be it solo or with friends or family, Europe has enough scope for sight-seeing and exploring.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Places To Visit In Europe In July
A. According to recent reports, the most dangerous country in Europe is Ukraine, owing to increased violent demonstrations and crimes against tourists. Other dangerous countries in Europe include Belarus, Kosovo, Abkhazia, Albania, and Romania.
A. July in Europe is the peak of summer when the temperature is highest in most places. But this may not bother tourists from equatorial regions like India, Sri Lanka, and Australia.
A. It is quite easy to get a visa for Europe as long as one has the required documents, genuinely answers the questions asked at the Visa approval office and has no intention of illegally settling someplace in Europe. Opt for a Schengen Visa that allows tourists to visit all the 26 Schengen countries in Europe with ease.
A. For those who expected the answer to be English, French or German, you were wrong. The most commonly spoken language all over Europe is Russian.
A. Due to the high exchange rates of the Euro, vacationing in Europe is quite expensive. But with proper planning and off-season visits, one can visit Europe on a budget. Make sure during your trip you explore the above-mentioned places to visit in Europe in July.