Did it ever strike you that gazing down at the Taj Mahal as you float over it in a hot air balloon can be an interesting proposition? And now, would you believe that it is possible? Yes, you can now romance the symbol of eternal love from the sky above. So, gear up to see one of the seven wonders of India from high above at the Taj Balloon Festival from 25th to 30th November 2016.
Known for heritage monuments like Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, and Fatehpur Sikri, the city of Agra has been the highlight of the Uttar Pradesh tourism. With a view to promote the Taj City as a leisure/adventure destination, the Uttar Pradesh Government organized the first Taj Balloon Festival in 2015.
And with the second edition just around the corner, we bring to you a comprehensive guide to the Taj Hot Air Balloon Festival in Agra.
About The Taj Balloon Festival
The Taj Balloon Festival is a unique event that revives the elegance & the spectacle of the Mughal era, while venturing into the realm of adventure & lifestyle tourism. The festival offers a novel experience to the tourists & locals to witness the Taj Mahal like never before.
Highlights Of The Taj Mahal Balloon Festival 2015
The first edition of the Taj Balloon Festival was organized by the U.P Government in association with E-factor Adventure Tourism Pvt. Ltd (Sky Waltz Balloon Safari). It was planned to be a 3-day extravaganza, from 14th to 16th November 2015. However, following the success on the first two days, the event was extended till 18th November.
Here’s a fact file of the 2015 edition of the Taj Balloon Festival.
- Over 15 different sized balloons flew over the city during the 5-day event.
- The flight began from the banks of the river Yamuna.
- Expert balloonists from 15 countries including Australia, Belgium, Germany, Spain, UAE, UK, and the US displayed their ballooning skills.
- The balloons flew at a height of 300 meters from the ground.
- Sky Waltz Balloon Safari offered a tastefully-designed package that included a lot of things.
- Taj-Skyview: A flight over the Taj Mahal gave a chance to view the architectural marvel from a new vantage point. The combined view of the monument and its reflection in the surrounding waters from the sky can hardly be described.
- Nightglow: The evenings were marked with music & dance performances by local & international artists.
- Sightseeing: A visit to the various monuments of Agra was included in the combined tour. The tour also included a visit to the renowned Kalakriti Cultural & Convention Centre.
- Dining: Royal dining experiences were offered in form of moonlit dinners at the swankiest restaurants of Agra.
- Stays: Night stays were offered at the luxurious Taj Gateway Hotel.
- The flight was not restricted to the daytime. The balloons lit up the night sky while singers, musicians, and dancers performed at the Nightglow festival.
Taj Balloon Festival 2016
Following the success of the first edition of the Taj Balloon Festival in 2015, the Department of Tourism of the Uttar Pradesh Government and the Sky Waltz hot air ballooning brand of E-factor Adventure Tourism Pvt Ltd are back with the second edition. And it is going to be bigger than before.
Here’s what you should know about the 2016 edition of the Taj Balloon Festival.
This time it will be a 6-day event.
The 2016 edition of the Taj Balloon Festival will last for 6 days.
The dates of the festival are 25th to 30th November 2016
Mark you calendar now!
The highlights of the event are pretty much the same.
There will be balloon flights during mornings and afternoons that will offer the best views of the various facets of the Taj. And the evenings will be all about the Nightglow music & dance carnival on the ground and the hot air balloons lighting up the night sky.
Everything comes at a cost. So do the balloon rides.
The balloon flight tickets are priced as follows: INR 15,000/adult | INR 10,000/child (5 – 12 Years)
You can connect with the organizers through these social media platforms:
Still here? Pack your bags, book your tickets, and head out to romance the Taj from the skies.