An IT initiative unveiled by the Indian Government, the ATITHI app is an easy to use online custom declaration filing mobile application for International travelers to file Customs declarations in advance. Available in both iOS and Android platforms, the app can be used to file a declaration of dutiable items and currency with the Indian Customs even before boarding the flight to India.
Introduced by CBIC (Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs), the ATITHI App for travelers creates a tech-savvy image of India’s customs and would encourage tourism and business travel to India. The app would not only improve customers’ experience but also facilitate a hassle-free and faster clearance of Customs. Here is all you need to know about the app and its benefits.
How To Get The ATITHI Application?
The app is available on both iOS and Android systems and here is all you need to do to get the application.
For iOS/ Android:
- Go to App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for ATITHI
- Select the app and click to install
- After you have installed the App on your phone, you have to complete a one time sign up process. Thereafter, you can prepare the declarations in advance by logging into the application.
What Are The Features Of ATITHI Application For Travelers?
The ATITHI App is a new technological advancement in the IT sector and is an easy to use application. Some of the best features of the application are:
- Faster customs processes
- Custom duty information
- Multiple application support
- Mobility- Anytime, anywhere
Why Use The ATITHI App?
Some of the major benefits of the application that travelers planning a trip to India can avail are:
- ATITHI app will facilitate hassle-free and faster clearance by Customs at the airports and will enhance the experience of international tourists and other visitors at Indian airports.
- The app would also create a tech-savvy image of India Customs and would encourage tourism and business travel to India.
- Airports will experience improved monitoring and pace of customs clearance of imported goods.
- The application will reduce interface and increase the transparency of customs functioning.
With the technological advancements made by the country, the ATITHI App for travelers will take India one step closer to a faster and effective monitoring system. The app will benefit not only foreign travelers but also the Government in building a hassle-free experience.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.