The annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is one of the world’s largest parades held in New York City. The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade took place on Christmas in the year 1924. This year it is the 94th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade being held on Thursday, November 26 2021. The stunning Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade has something for everyone in the family, right from the extravagant floats to the parade balloons to the amazing performances. Here is your ultimate guide to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022.
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Route 2022
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will begin at 9.00am. It will start at the corner of 77th Street and Central Park West. After that, it will travel south to Columbus Circle. From here it will turn east onto Central Park South before turning onto 6th Avenue and from there to 59th Street to 34th Street. Finally, the parade will turn right and end at Macy’s in Herald Square. The parade will last about 3 hours and end at noon.
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022: How To See
If you are now thinking of how to see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022 and other attractions, worry not. To make it easy for you we have collated some of the best tips to make the most of this legendary day.
1. Hotel Room With A Wonderful View
If you act on time, you might get a hotel with a wonderful view of the event. Some of the hotels allow VIP access to the parade along the route but again hotel with a view and VIP packages both will come at a high price. However, you may find something suiting your budget with their exclusive packages. So, don’t miss to check out the website of New York Hilton Midtown’s Thanksgiving Packages, the JW Marriott’s Buffet Brunch Package or Parade-View Room Package as these hotels had good packages in the past.
2. Free Spot On The Street
You can secure a good spot on the street and have the most ultimate experience of the event. For the same to happen, you need to start lining the streets around 6 AM or even earlier. Along with spots at the beginning and the end of the parade route, 34th street will be really crowded as lot of the performances happens here.
More Tips For Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022
Here are few more tips to make your experience the ultimate one this Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022.
1. Make sure you are well-versed with this year’s parade route and other important information by checking the official site.
2. Don’t forget to charge your phone and your cameras before you arrive to see the parade as we are sure you won’t want to miss out on special pictures.
3. Figure out a spot to watch the parade early and wear comfortable shoes as you will have to stand for quite a long time in cold weather.
4. Make sure to use the restroom beforehand as there are no such facilities on the parade route.
5. A night before the parade, if you happen to be in New York City, you can see the big balloons being inflated. For that, you will head to 77th and 81st streets from 3-10pm.
6. Bring enough snacks as you might not find convenient options nearby.
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Lineup 2022
The 94th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade lineup is as follows.
1. The 2022 Parade’s Balloons and Floats include famous giant characters like Snoopy, Smokey Bear, Pikachu, Trolls, Olaf from Frozen to name a few. A new novelty balloon called Strawberry/Pistachio Ice Cream Cone has been introduced for the first time. More will be announced soon.
2. The 2022 performers include Macy’s Singing Christmas Tree Choir. Other performers are yet to be announced.
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Facts
Below are some of the interesting facts related to Macy’s Thanksgiving Day which you will definitely enjoy reading.
1. The first Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade was Christmas themed and was called the “Macy’s Christmas Parade.”
2. The first parade back then in 1924 was very circus-like. It included bears, camels, monkeys and elephants, all of which was borrowed from the Central Park Zoo.
3. And it was not long when in 1927, the live animals were replaced by inflatable critters. It was in this year that the parade’s signature giant helium balloons made their debut.
4. From 1942 to 1944, Macy’s president Jack Straus cancelled the parade due to America’s involvement in WWII and instead of marching decided to donate 650 pounds of balloon rubber to the military.
5. Macy’s run a school of creepy clowns and the parade, of course, is one of America’s biggest creepy clown employers.
6. Can you believe that the costume Macy’s provide to its participants takes months to get laundered?
There are many ways to view the famous Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022. Now that you have all the information regarding Macy’s event don’t miss a chance to witness it in person this 2022. Plan a trip to New York and have the most memorable experience of your life at this fantastic event.
Disclaimer: Some images are for representation purposes only. TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Where I have to visit to see the world’s largest parade?
Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is the world’s largest parade as of now. You must visit New York City (NYC) to see this colorful extravaganza.
When is Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2022?
The proposed date of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2022 falls on 26th November 2022.
At what time the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade begins and ends?
The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade begins from 09:00 AM and ends within three to four hours. Yet, it will conclude by mid-afternoon.
Do I need to book my flight ticket earlier to see Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022?
Yes, those who are willing to see Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2022 must book in advance to beat the rush to NYC. Many people from across the globe attend this parade annually.
Where to stay in NYC to see the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2022?
There are many hotel rooms available with the views of Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade route. Here, you can watch the parade from your hotel room window or balcony by avoiding the crowd.
What to wear on Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade day in 2022?
This parade is scheduled for November end of 2022. Its winters in NYC at the time. Therefore, you must carry woolen clothes, socks, a muffler, and woolen shawl.
From which street of NYC, the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade begins?
77th Street, which is near to Central Park is the perfect place to see the beginning of the largest parade by colorful and cheerful people.
IS Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade worth visiting?
Yes, you can find musical bands, songs, colorful character and Novelty balloons floating, and popular artists along the parade. You can also find cheer larders along the parade.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read: