No one can visit Argentina without a visa. Traveling without a visa is illegal and it can land you in prison. Moreover, you will have a tonne of legal issues to deal with. So the good alternative is to simply get one. Contrary to what people say, it’s not that difficult to get an Argentina visa for Indians. All you have to do is follow the application process. Here’s a whole guide to help you out.
How Can Indians Get Their Visa For Argentina?
An Argentina tourist visa will allow an Indian to stay for 90 days there. You will have to apply for it at any Argentina Consulate. If everything goes well then you will be called for an interview. You will have to pay your visa fees only after your visa is allowed. You will be able to get your visa for Argentina by two modes.
To make things easier there is ETA. You can apply online to get something called the ETA or the Electronic Travel Authorization. It is called AVE in Spanish. Currently, there are a total of 71 countries whose citizens can apply to get an ETA for Argentina and fortunately, India is one of those countries. One of the perks of this is that you will be able to get your ETA way more quickly than a paper visa since instead of taking your documents to the embassy, you will just have to upload it.
But before applying you should know two things:
- The ETA for Argentina needs you to have a Schengen or US B2 visa which is still valid and will be more than three months at least.
- This ETA is only suitable if you are visiting Argentina for tourism purposes.
2. Through Centers
If you are not comfortable with the ETA or any electronic way of getting the visa by using the internet then there is always the tried and tested method of going to the embassy. At any of the Argentina embassy, you will be able to carry out the process of getting a visa with some help from the agents but submitting the documents and following the rules is of utmost importance.
It’s a pretty long process to get a visa simply because there are a lot of steps to be followed. This process will be long no matter if you are applying right at the center or through the internet. So to help you out, here’s what some of the steps in the application process include:
- You will have to bring with you all the necessary documents. These documents should be verified thoroughly by you before submitting it to the consulate.
- You should try to submit the application form at least 3 weeks before you begin traveling.
- After you are done submitting the application form, as well as the documents, the Chief of the Consulate will verify and then analyse the documents carefully according to the checklist he or she has.
- Once the documents get verified you will be asked by the embassy, generally through a call, for a personal interview. It’s advised that you don’t skip the interview. If you have any problems on that date then you can relay that information to them. But if permission for another interview isn’t granted to you at a later date, then your application will be rejected.
- If the personal interview goes off well then you will take around a week for you to get the visa.
Requirements For The Application Of Argentinian Visa
You must have a passport that has been valid for at least 6 months. This validity should be beyond the period of the intended date of entering Argentina. The passport should also have at least two blank pages left for the visa stamp.
- Know that you are only allowed one visa form and you will have to sign it on both sides of the visa form.
- You will have to paste two recently clicked passport sized photographs, which means that it should be 4 x 4 cm. The photo must be clicked with a white background.
- You will have to show your confirmed air ticket or an onward air ticket.
- Get your proof of employment ready. It can be like a company registration certificate or a certificate of incorporation. Along with this, you will need to submit a brief profile of the company or if you have a property deed in your name.
- You will need to get an authority letter right on the letterhead of the company in favor of the Travel Agent. This will be needed to submit and then collect your passport.
- You will also need to have a letter which will explain your purpose of traveling to Argentina. This letter must also have the day to day program plan for your whole trip.
- Along with all the above, you will also have to show your hotel confirmation. This means that your hotel confirmation slip or paper must have the address, name and contact details of the hotel you are staying in Argentina along with the reservation number.
- Make sure to also bring along a copy of your international credit card as well as of your Income Tax Returns for the last 3 years.
- You will have to present an original bank statement for the last 6 months, along with the contact and telephone number of the bank printed on it. You might have to show other documents that show evidence of adequate resources at your disposal while abroad.
- If you are applying through the Student, self-employed category or any other category then you will need a letter that will explain the reason for your visit to Argentina. This will have to be submitted along with a concise program of your entire planned trip. If you are a student then you will have to provide a leave sanction letter from the school.
Argentinian Visa Fees for Indians
Once the visa is granted, you will have to pay the visa fees. The visa fees vary according to the kind of visa you are getting.
If you are applying for a tourist visa, then there are no fees needed. If you are applying for a business visa, then you will have to pay ₹6,000 and if you are applying for a student or employment visa then you will have to pay ₹12,000. You should expect the processing time to take a week.
Getting an Argentina visa for Indians might seem like a task at first but once you get into it, it is truly a piece of cake. If you are a tech savvy, do consider the e-visa as it will only help you save some time. So, when are you getting ready to apply for your visa for the much-awaited trip to Argentina?
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Argentine Visa For Indians
A. Indian citizens can stay in Argentina for a short period as the travel visa expires within 90 days.
A. You can but you will need to have all of their needed documents. You can apply for more than one person over the net by simply clicking on the option titled Add New Applicant in the electronic application form and then filling up the information needed.
A. Yes, it’s imperative that you submit all the stated documents or your application will be canceled. If you don’t have one specific document, then know that the embassy accepts other similar kinds of proof.
A. Know that you will get the visa form only once so you should photocopy it and practice on the photocopies before submitting the original given to you. But if you realize that you have made a mistake after submitting it, then you should talk to the representatives at the embassy as soon as possible. But chances are that your application will be canceled so be prepared to fill out a new visa application in that case.
A. Your iVisa grants you a lot of safety when it comes to personal data confidentiality. Your information is safe and you should be able to use it to get your ETA.
People Also Read: