Maxwell Tilse knows how to mix art and travel perfectly! But don’t take our judgment for it, instead look at his adorable post card sketches. Currently on a backpacking trip to Europe, he does a postcard sketch of each city that he visits and they are drop dead gorgeous.
During his travels, he looks for places that catch his fancy and quickly draws a pencil sketch of the scene. Later over a hot meal and cold beer, he completes the rest of the post card – adding various layers of colors, emotions, and an occasional vintage charm.
Have look at his journey through the eyes of his hand drawn post card sketches
1. Budapest, Hungary: Showcasing the geometrical lines of Grand Basilica
2. Krakow, Poland: Highlighting the magnificent architecture of the city
3. Gdansk, Poland: Adding emotions to the streets
Suggested Read: Encircling The Earth Twice: An Indian Woman On A Solo World Trip
4. Bardejov, Slovakia: Perfectly capturing the snow charm
5. Krumlov, Czech Republic: The enchanting Český Krumlov Castle
6. Vienna, Austria: Re-imagining the city with the 1920 nostalgia
7. Prague, Czech Republic: Going back in time on the iconic Charles Bridge
8. Telc, Czech Republic: A snow covered town never looked so beautiful
9. Old Town, Prague: A nostalgic overview!
10. Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia: Adding color to the mundane
Needless to say, his intricately drawn post cards bring out the many shades and hues of different places in Europe and invoke a surreal sense of nostalgia. And now you know how an artist travels!
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.