Maxwell Tilse knows how to mix art and travel perfectly! But don’t take our judgment for it, instead look at his adorable post card sketches. Currently on a backpacking trip to Europe, he does a postcard sketch of each city that he visits and they are drop dead gorgeous.
During his travels, he looks for places that catch his fancy and quickly draws a pencil sketch of the scene. Later over a hot meal and cold beer, he completes the rest of the post card – adding various layers of colors, emotions, and an occasional vintage charm.
Have look at his journey through the eyes of his hand drawn post card sketches
1. Budapest, Hungary: Showcasing the geometrical lines of Grand Basilica
Europe Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Explore the most beautiful places to visit in Europe, from Paris to the Venice canals and from the Greek islands to the Swiss alps. Book customized packages by expert agents on TravelTriangle. Inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing and meals. Best holiday experience Guaranteed. Book Now
2. Krakow, Poland: Highlighting the magnificent architecture of the city
3. Gdansk, Poland: Adding emotions to the streets
Suggested Read: Encircling The Earth Twice: An Indian Woman On A Solo World Trip
4. Bardejov, Slovakia: Perfectly capturing the snow charm
5. Krumlov, Czech Republic: The enchanting Český Krumlov Castle
6. Vienna, Austria: Re-imagining the city with the 1920 nostalgia
7. Prague, Czech Republic: Going back in time on the iconic Charles Bridge
8. Telc, Czech Republic: A snow covered town never looked so beautiful
9. Old Town, Prague: A nostalgic overview!
10. Liptovsky Mikulas, Slovakia: Adding color to the mundane
Needless to say, his intricately drawn post cards bring out the many shades and hues of different places in Europe and invoke a surreal sense of nostalgia. And now you know how an artist travels!
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.