Every couple hopes for a romantic vacation in a honeymoon destination soon after tying the knot. But the severe monsoons in international honeymoon destinations of Singapore-Thailand-Maldives & hills of North India and the winter chills of Australia-New Zealand often leave those getting married in July-August extremely worried. Pointless, we say! For there’s still a long list of the best places for honeymoon in August. So, brace yourself. For you will be totally stunned by the beauty of the suggested honeymoon destinations for August.
Honeymoon Destinations In August In India
Here is the list of the best place for honeymoon in August in India that you should definitely visit with your beloved. Keep scrolling down and read along!
1. Agumbe, Karnataka: Take A Hike Through Cherrapunji
If it is one of the best honeymoon spots in August within India that you are looking for, Agumbe definitely needs to be considered. The monsoon showers in July-August make the lush rainforests look greener and prettier. And if not the green forests, the trekking trails and the shimmering waters of the waterfalls are sure to leave you awestruck.
Best honeymoon experiences in Agumbe
- Go on some amazing trekking trails through the green rainforests.
- Take romantic walks to the scenic waterfalls.
- Enjoy splendid views of the setting sun in the valleys of Agumbe.
Best places to stay in Agumbe: The Ocean Pearl, Hotel Madhuvan Serai, Silent Valley Resort, and Fortune Inn Valley View
How to reach
- By air: About 100 km from Agumbe is the Mangaluru International Airport, which is the nearest airport.
- By rail: The nearest railheads to Agumbe are Shimoga (90 km away) and Udupi (55 km away).
2. Alappuzha, Kerala: Sail In The Backwaters!
The charming city of Alappuzha, also known as Alleppey, is one of the best places for honeymoon in August. While its beautiful backwaters’ landscape, picturesque chapels, & deluxe houseboats are every bit of romantic, the snake boat races in August make this destination a must-visit in this month.
Best honeymoon experiences in Alappuzha
- Attend a snake boat race in the backwaters during the second week of August.
- Spend a night in a houseboat in the backwaters of Alleppey.
- You can go for bird watching, canoeing, and kayaking.
- Spend a romantic evening at the lighthouse and enjoy a beautiful sunset from there.
- Rejuvenate in a couple Ayurvedic spa.
Best places to stay in Alappuzha: Vasundhara Sarovar Premiere, Lake Palace Resort, Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort, Punnamada Resort, and other Alleppey honeymoon houseboats
How to reach
- By air: The nearest airport is at Cochin, 78 km away from Alleppey.
- By rail: Alappuzha has its own railway head that is located 4 km from the city center.
3. Khandala, Maharashtra: Catch The Post-Rainfall View!
Khandala is, indeed, one of the top choices for those looking for one of the best Indian honeymoon destinations in August. We aren’t surprised at all. Just like Agumbe, this destination too greets the love-birds visiting the destination in this month with its glittering waterfalls, lush valleys, misty weather, and chilly nights. And the credit majorly goes to the monsoon showers during July & early August. I guess it’s time to ask your better half, “Aati kya Khandala?” We say its one of the best places for honeymoon in August in India.
Best honeymoon experiences in Khandala
- For for long drives on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
- Trek up to Lohagad Fort, Bedsa Caves, and other nearby places.
- Enjoy the post-rainfall views of the lush green valley from from Duke’s Nose, Shooting Point, and Lion’s Point.
Best places to stay in Khandala: Mystica Resort, Resort Silver Hills, Fariyas Resort Lonavala, and Crystal County Resort
How to reach
- By air: The Lohegaon Airport in Pune is the nearest airport.
- By rail: The railway stations at Khandala & Lonavala are located within 5 km radius of the city center. These stations are connected to major Indian cities via railway stations in Mumbai and Pune.
Honeymoon Destinations Outside India In August
Here is the list of the best honeymoon destinations outside India in August which you can visit with your beloved. Keep scrolling down and read along!
4. Capri, Italy: Catch A Falling Star!
For those looking to visit one of the best islands in Europe for honeymoon in August, Capri Island in Italy is the place to be. Its mystical charm offers a chance to the couples to get closer to nature and to each other. And on August 10, people gather outside – in parks and squares, at the beach, or at the mountains – to admire the night sky and hopefully catch a falling star.
Best honeymoon experiences in Capri
- Attend the Notte di San Lorenzo or the Night of Shooting Stars of St Lawrence.
- Take a boat ride in the Blue Grotto Sea Cave.
- Take a tour of Punta Carena Lighthouse and Piazzetta beach & bell tower.
- Hike up to the Arco Naturale.
Best places to stay in Capri: Punta Tragara, J.K. Place Capri, Capri Tiberio Palace, La Scalinatella, and Hotel Villa Brunella
How to reach
The Capodichino International Airport in Naples is the nearest airport. From here, one can reach the island either by a boat or via a helicopter.
5. Edinburgh, Scotland: Explore The Mecca Of Scottish Culture
It shouldn’t come as a surprise that Edinburgh – the capital city of Scotland – finds its name among the best places for honeymoon in August. The city is steeped deeply in history and romance. And in addition to some of the best Scottish castles that it houses, it is also known for its incredible cultural scene. Likewise, there are many romantic experiences that the honeymooners are sure to enjoy.
Best honeymoon experiences in Edinburgh
- Explore the castles on the Royal Mile – Edinburgh Castle and Palace of Holyroodhouse (Queen’s residence in Scotland).
- Take a tour of the various art galleries and other historical buildings; including the various attractions on the Calton Hill.
- Attend the 25-day-long Edinburgh International Festival – an event about music, dance, opera, talks, theater, and a lot more.
- Watch a movie at the Filmhouse movie theatre or tickle your funny bone at the The Stand Comedy Club.
- Relish a great seafood dining experience by the waterfront at The Ship on the Shore.
Best places to stay in Edinburgh: Prestonfield House, The Balmoral Hotel, The Howard, Nira Caledonia, Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian, The Witchery by the Castle, and The Glasshouse
How to reach
The Edinburgh International Airport is the busiest airport of Scotland and is well-connected to most of the major cities around the world via direct or connecting flights.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Places To Visit In Scotland On Your Next U.K. Trip!
6. Fiji: Experience The Luxury In The South Pacific Island
Planning to visit one of the South Pacific honeymoon destinations in August? Try Fiji. It has everything for the honeymooners – isolated beaches with glittering sands extending up to the turquoise waters, luxe-resorts, and myriad adventure sports. Furthermore, its pleasant climate and bubbling multiculturalism have been major contributors in making a trip to this destination a wonderful experience. Fiji definitely is one of the best honeymoon destinations in August 2021.
Best honeymoon experiences in Fiji
- Go for snorkeling at Viti Levu or try scuba diving at Waidroka. Couples can also try deep sea diving with Tiger Sharks at Beqa Lagoon.
- Try kayaking in Navua River or ziplining at Pacific Harbor.
- Take nature tours of Kula Eco Park, Sabeto Hot Springs & Mud Pool, Tavoro Waterfalls, and Mount Tomanivi..
- Go for sightseeing at Fiji Museum and Bouma National Heritage Park.
Best places to stay in Fiji: Tokoriki Island Resort, Kora Sun Resort & Spa, Wakaya Club & Spa, Tadrai Island Resort, Vomo Island Resort, and Laucala Island Resort
How to reach
Fiji is well-connected to several cities including Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Christchurch, and Auckland. People from other countries can easily finding connecting flights to one of the above mentioned cities.
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
7. Akureyri, Iceland: Witness Breathtaking Views!
It is on the banks of Eyjafjörður Fjord in Iceland that you’ll find Akureyri. Its natural attractions and thrilling activities make it an ideal honeymoon destination in August. And the scenic landscape houses some amazing tourist places for the honeymooners to explore – Lake Myvatn, Glerárdalur Valley, Kjarnaskógur forest, Volcanic areas of Gjástykki and Hverir, Arctic Botanical Gardens, and Akureyri Museum.
Best honeymoon experiences in Akureyri
- The first half of August is the best time for whale watching in Arctic waters.
- Hike to the river canyon, between Dettifoss and Selfoss waterfalls.
- Witness the Northern Lights in the later part of August.
- Explore the dramatic ice cave of Lofthellir.
- Enjoy a romantic meal at the rooftop restaurant of Strikið.
Best places to stay in Akureyri: Icelandair Hotel Akureyri, Hotel Kea, Hotel Nordurland, and Ice Apartments Akureyri
How to reach
Reykjavik city airport is the nearest international air connect that connects with all major cities of the world. From the airport, one can reach Akureyri by road. It takes about 5-6 hours for this road journey.
8. Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina: Enjoy The Old-World Charm
It is highly likely that you might have never heard of the romantic city of Mostar in Bosnia & Herzegovina. But the tiny city, with a population barely exceeding 100,000 people is beautiful beyond imagination.
Best honeymoon experiences in Mostar
- Take a romantic walk on the Stari Most old bridge over the river Neretva.
- Visit the Koski Mehmed Paša Mosque and climb the narrow winding staircase in the minaret for a wonderful view of Mostar and Stari Most.
- Enjoy a beautiful sunset from the lovely café or enjoy picnic in the garden area outside the mosque.
Best places to stay in Mostar: Villa Anri, Hostel Nina, Boutique Hotel Old Town, and Pansion Cardak
How to reach
Mostar has its own airport in the village of Ortješ. The airport has seasonal flights from many Italian cities including Rome, Naples, Bari, and Bologna. However, it is best to enter the city by road from Croatia; especially if you are planning to club the city with other European destinations.
9. Paris, France: Romance In The City Of Lights
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to find the Paris being suggested as one of the best places for honeymoon in August outside India. Tourist places like Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Notre Dam Cathedral, Palace of Versailles, Arc de Triomphe, and Montmartre never cease to amaze the lovebirds in the French capital. And its year-round delightful weather makes it one of the most romantic cities in the world.
Best honeymoon experiences in Paris
- Take a romantic stroll in the Palais Royal Gardens or relax in the Luxembourg Gardens.
- Enjoy a cabaret show at Moulin Rouge.
- Relish a delicious meal at Le 58 of Eiffel Tower or any of the other restaurants near Eiffel Tower in Paris
Best places to stay in Paris: The Hidden Hotel, Hotel Saint James Paris, Hotel Pont Royal, and La Maison Favart
How to reach
Charles de Gaulle Airport, located 23 km from the main city, is the nearest air connect. It is well-connected with all major cities of the world.
10. Sabah, Malaysia: Walk In The Paradise For The Nature Lovers
Welcome to the beautiful Sabah – a Malaysian state on the Borneo island – that offers gorgeous beaches, chic beach resorts, lush tropical rainforests, and refreshing breath of mountain air. And Sabah’s capital Kota Kinabalu is blessed with natural attractions; from Mount Kinabalu that punctures the sky at 4,095 meters to the beaches along the coast. Whatever it is that you seek from your trip to one of best honeymoon destinations in August, Sabah will only make it sweeter and more memorable.
Best honeymoon experiences in Sabah
- Go for scuba diving or snorkeling at Sipadan.
- Enjoy breathtaking sunsets from the beach resorts.
- Trek up to Mount Kinabalu to enjoy stunning views of the island and beyond.
- Go kayaking in the Kiulu River or ride its rapids as you go river rafting.
- Witness nature in its pristine form at the tropical rainforest near Lahad Datu or the Kinabatangan Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Embark on the Wetland river cruise in the Klias Wetland Mangrove Forest reserve
Best places to stay in Sabah: Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort in Tuaran, Mabul Water Bungalow in Semporna, Sukau Rainforest Lodge in Sandakan, and Mount Kinabalu Heritage Resort & Spa in Kundasang
How to reach
Sabah is well-connected domestically and internationally by flights arriving at Kota Kinabalu International Airport (KKIA), situated about 20 minutes from the capital city. International flights from Brunei Darussalam, China, Hong Kong, Taipei, Japan, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, and South Korea land at this airport. People arriving from other places will have to take a connecting flight to either one of these places or to Kuala Lumpur – the Malaysian capital.
Do none of the places above match your desired destination for a honeymoon vacation for this August? Go ahead and comment about it and we will surely help you find the right match.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which is the best place for honeymoon in Asia?
A. There are many places that you can visit for honeymoon in Asia but one of the best one is Bali.
People Also Read:
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.