You may not have heard great things about the Switzerland nightlife as compared to the other places on the map, since the parties usually happen on the weekends and most of the bars close down early. But believe us, it isn’t true. The country has some of the most impeccable places that stay open until 5 in the morning and offers breathtaking experiences when it comes to spending the night out.
Be it Zurich or be it Basel, there is a lot of awesomeness in store for you! So, the next time you visit Switzerland, make sure you treat yourself by ticking off these 15 experiences in the popular cities.
Top Experiences For Witnessing The Best Of Switzerland Nightlife
1. Party at the famous nightclub – Kaufleuten, Zurich
The class and elegance of Kauflaten can be believed from the fact that it has welcomed personalities like Madonna, Prince & Robbie Williams in the past, and also that is one of the best nightspots in Zurich for experiencing the best of Switzerland nightlife . Apart from its bars and the club, it also lets you spend a memorable evening at the terrace with your loved ones.
- 8:30 AM to 12:00 AM from Monday to Thursday
- 8:30 AM to 5:00 AM from Friday to Saturday
- 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM on every Sunday
Location: Pelikanstrasse 18, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Europe Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Explore the most beautiful places to visit in Europe, from Paris to the Venice canals and from the Greek islands to the Swiss alps. Book customized packages by expert agents on TravelTriangle. Inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing and meals. Best holiday experience Guaranteed. Book Now
2. Treat your eyes with gorgeous town views from the Bar Rouge, Basel
Suggested Read: Top 10 Things To Do In Switzerland On Your Europe Holiday!
For experiencing the beauty of Basel, Switzerland nightlife lets you visit places like Bar Rouge that are both intimate and chic. Apart from its impressive ambience, this tallest bar in the city is also home to great music, classic champagnes, and cocktails.
- 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM from Monday to Tuesday
- 5:00 PM to 2:00 AM on every Wednesday
- 5:00 PM to 3:00 AM on every Thursday
- 5:00 PM to 4:00 AM from Friday to Saturday
- 9:00 PM to 2:00 AM on every Sunday
Location: Messepl. 10, 4058 Basel, Switzerland
3. Watch a breathtaking show at the Bejart Ballet, Lausanne
If you’re a fan of the ballet, Switzerland has a lot of surprises in store for you. The first one to begin with is the Bejart Ballet in Lausanne, where you can witness some of the most flawless performances, and even attend the yearly musical event if you’re lucky enough to visit around the same time.
Timings: The opening hours usually differs with the shows.
Location: Chemin du Presbytère 12, 1004 Lausanne, Switzerland
4. Enjoy breathtaking views while you drink at the Penthouse Bar, Lucerne
A visit to this 360 degree rooftop bar is one of the must-experiences for witnessing the best of Lucerne, Switzerland nightlife . The stylish ambience, classy drinks, international cuisines, and the spectacular view of the city & the alps would surely make you feel like you’re on the best place on the earth.
- 5:00 PM to 12:30 AM from Sunday to Wednesday
- 5:00 PM to 1:30 AM on every Thursday
- 5:00 PM to 3:30 AM from Friday to Saturday
Location: Pilatusstrasse 29, 6002 Luzern, Switzerland
5. Savour a mug of hot wine at The Papperla Pub, Zermatt
In Zermatt, Switzerland nightlife offers incredible experiences. After a thrilling session of skiing, you can head right to the famous Papperla Pub, and enjoy some kick-ass live music and mulled wine. If you’re not a wine person, you can also savour a glass of strong rum punch to get your party started.
Timings: 2:00 PM to 2:00 AM every day
Location: Steinmattstrasse 36, 3920 Zermatt, Switzerland
6. Groove to the ultimate beats at the Cully Jazz Festival, Lavaux
Offering nine days of music with almost 120 concerts, this is one of the not-to-be-missed events in Switzerland, especially if you’re a fan of jazz. This fest has been taking place for the last 35 years and continues to attract thousands of tourists every year. If you really wish to attend it, make sure you check the dates of the festival in the year you are visiting.
Timings: 13th to 21st April, 2018
Location: Place de l’Hôtel-de-Ville 2, CP 138, CH-1096 Cully, Lavaux, Switzerland
7. Soothe your ears with live music at the Moods, Zurich
Being one of the most premier jazz clubs in Europe, Moods is the perfect place to visit if you are a fan of Ronnie Scott in London or Porgy & Bess in Vienna. From local to international, you can listen to the best artists here and soothe your ears over a couple of your favorite drinks.
Timings: 7:30 PM to 12:00 AM
Location: Schiffbaustrasse 6, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland
8. Groove at the biggest club in Switzerland – MAD Club, Lausanne
While in Lausanne, Switzerland nightlife can be witnessed at its best at a lot of famous clubs and pubs, there is nothing that matches the level of craziness at MAD. There are five levels in this club wherein each one is reserved either for a different age group or for a specific DJ. What’s better? From Axwell to David Guetta, you can find everyone here!
Timings: 11:00 PM to 5:00 AM
Location: Rue de Genève 23, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland
9. Indulge in some fun until 5 AM at the Grand Casino Bern
This is not any ordinary casino, and so wouldn’t be your evening if you pick this place. With a roulette, blackjack, poker & slot machines, a restaurant, and two bars & smoking lounge, Grand Casino has a lot to keep you entertained and your party buzzing until the sun rises again.
- 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM from Sunday to Wednesday
- 12:00 PM to 4:00 AM every Thursday
- 12:00 PM to 5:00 AM from Friday to Saturday
Location: Kornhausstrasse 3, 3013 Bern, Switzerland
10. Dance the night away at the The Farm Club, Verbier
Thanks to this famous club in Verbier, Switzerland nightlife witnesses parties every night of the ski season. The world famous DJs, entertainers, and heartwarming hospitality make it a top-notch party place for every other local and tourist.
Timings: 11:00 PM to 4:00 AM every day
Location: Route de Verbier Station 55, 1936 Bagnes, Switzerland
11. Watch, listen & dance at the Du Theatre, Bern
Exemplary performances by exceptionally talented artists is sure to win your hearts here. From just watching and listening to grooving on the mystical beats, you can have the best evening of your holiday at this place. In the name of a theatre, it is undoubtedly one of the most chic clubs in Bern, Switzerland .
- 6:00 PM to 12:00 AM every Thursday
- 11:00 PM to 3:30 AM from Friday to Sunday
- (Closed on the other days)
Location: Hotelgasse 10, 3011 Bern, Switzerland
12. Dine, enjoy & repeat at Casino Kursaal, Interlaken
Suggested Read: Trip To Switzerland: A Short Stint Worth A Lifetime
Nestled between two lakes, surrounded by a garden and mountains, Casino Kursaal is one of the most extraordinary places in Interlaken. Irrespective of whether you’re into gaming or not, an experience of spending one evening here is a must. The bar stays open until late so that you can sit and enjoy your drinks without any worries.
- 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Bar)
- 6:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Gaming Tables)
- 12:00 PM to 2:00 AM (Slot machines)
Location: Strandbadstrasse 44, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland
13. Attend the best musical parties at Dracula Club, St. Moritz
Situated within the glamorous five-star Kulm Hotel, this is one of the top clubs for experiencing the luxury and vibrant parties in Switzerland. Not just the classy night events, but Dracula is also known for hosting the highest jazz festival in Europe. So, you know where to head for jazz now!
Timings: You can get in touch with the management of the hotel to find out the opening hours of the club.
Location: 7500, Kulm Hotel, St Moritz, Switzerland
14. Watch the finest plays at the Grand Theatre, Geneva
This is one of the largest opera houses in Switzerland that lets one witness the best choreographers, concerts, recitals, and plays that are performed with great finesse. If you’re more of a culture vulture than a bar hopper or pub crawler, this is the place to spend your night out in the city.
- 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM on Monday
- 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM from Tuesday to Friday
- (Closed on the weekend)
Location: Boulevard du Théâtre 11, 1211 Genève, Switzerland
15. Watch the best drama, opera & ballet at the Theater Basel
Suggested Read: Trip To Switzerland: A Short Stint Worth A Lifetime
One of the most important and largest theaters in Switzerland, the Theater Basel hosts world-class opera, drama, and ballet performances. From classical opera to contemporary, the theater has got it all and is an ideal place to visit if you prefer culture over clubbing.
Timings: The opening hours depend on the show timings.
Location: Elisabethenstrasse 16, 4051 Basel, Switzerland
Switzerland Nightlife Tips
- Most of the clubs, casinos, and bars have different opening hours on different days of the week. Do check the timings before planning your visit.
- Dress smartly and adhere to the dress code of the place.
- Make a list of the top experiences you wish to have so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- While the nightlife in Zurich, Switzerland is the most popular, make sure you also visit Verbier, Lausanne, and Zermatt for an extraordinary experience.
- Check the entry fees and other charges beforehand to avoid the last minute hassle.
- Keep a check on the famous club’s website or page to stay updated about the DJs or other artists performing.
- Apart from the Cully Jazz Festival, Switzerland also hosts other music festivals. Plan your trip during the same time if you wish to attend one.
The Switzerland nightlife would surely glam up your holiday. But to make it the best experience of your life, customize your Europe trip itinerary with TravelTriangle and explore the country at your own pace.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.