Be it the old-school romance of DDLJ’s Raj and Simran in Zurich or the cute fling of Bachna Ae Haseeno’s modern-day Raj and Mahi in Gstaad, Switzerland has continued to win our hearts with its charm. And so, there’s no doubt that these popular spots are the best honeymoon places in Switzerland for any couple to celebrate the start of their new life!
From lush green grasslands to snow-capped mountains, there’s enough for you two to linger on. And if this tempts you further to plan your honeymoon in Europe, make sure you also include some of these Switzerland honeymoon places in your itinerary to have an impeccably memorable experience!
Switzerland Honeymoon Places
Here are the top Switzerland honeymoon places for you to visit:
1. Zurich – The Culturally Vibrant City
The picturesque lanes, scenic waterfront promenades, and snow-capped mountains in the background makes Zurich one of the top honeymoon places in Switzerland. Even in the rain, this city looks so beautiful that there’s no excuse for you to not visit here!
Suggested Read: Top 10 Things To Do In Switzerland On Your Europe Holiday!
Top Things To Do In Zurich:
- Walk hand in hand across the waters of Lake Geneva
- Shop to your heart’s content in Bahnofstrasse
- Dine at the posh Rive Gauche
Best Places To Stay In Zurich:
- Widder Hotel
- The Dolder Grand
- Best Western Plus Hotel Zürcherhof
Europe Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Explore the most romantic places to visit in Europe, from Paris to the Venice canals, and from the Greek islands to the Swiss alps. Book customized packages Inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals offered by expert agents on TravelTriangle. Book Now!
2. Geneva – The City Of Peace
Despite being the second most populous city in the country, is amongst the popular Switzerland honeymoon destinations that people love visiting. Apart from offering gorgeous panoramic views, this city has so much to see and do, that you won’t ever come across a dull moment.Geneva
Top Things To Do In Geneva:
- Hike the Saleve Mountain and enjoy mesmerizing views from the top
- Watch the Jet d’eau Fountain and spend a romantic evening together
- Take a boat and visit the world famous Chillon Castle
Best Places To Stay In Geneva:
- Hotel d’Angleterre
- Mandarin Oriental
- Ibis Styles Geneva Station Hotel
3. Zermatt – The Famous Mountain Resort Town
While this city has the most breathtaking views to offer with the famous Matterhorn around, it happens to offer the most expensive accommodation. But, we bet that it’s worth every penny. This car-free village is one of the best Switzerland honeymoon spots if mountaineering and skiing is what gets you both pumped up. Though to witness the best of the city, the winters in Zermatt are a perfect time to plan your visit!
Suggested Read: A Fantastical Honeymoon Trip In A Fairytale World Of Switzerland
Top Things To Do In Zermatt:
- Enjoy the best views of the Matterhorn at sunrise or sunset
- Take a helicopter tour
- Explore the churches and chapels in the village or go for hiking/skiing
Best Places To Stay In Zermatt:
- The Omnia
- Hotel Sonne
- Hotel Romantica
4. Interlaken – The City Where Nature Resides
Set amidst the stunning Lake Thun and Lake Breinz, and in the heart of the famous Jungfrau Region, Interlaken is the place to be if you want to experience the best of nature. Not to forget, this place also lets you experience some adventure topped with romance.
Top Things To Do In Interlaken:
- Indulge in Paragliding
- Take a train ride and explore the beautiful Schynige Platte
- Enjoy epic views from the famous Harder Kulm lookout
Best Places To Stay In Interlaken:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Royal St Georges Interlaken
- Hotel Weisses Kreuz.
5. Lucerne – The City With Preserved Medieval Architecture
Environed with a fairytale aura and a vintage feel, this is your gateway to central Switzerland. The colorful medieval architecture and gorgeous fountains are amongst the many charming attractions here. And so, there is no doubt that it’s one of the best honeymoon places in Switzerland!
Top Things To Do In Lucerne:
- Take a romantic, leisure boat ride across the Lake Lucerne
- Visit the famous Mt. Rigi
- Soak in the gorgeous views from the top of the Jungfrau Glacier
Best Places To Stay In Lucerne:
- Palace Luzern
- Hotel Cascada
- Hotel Seeberg Luzern
6. Ticino – The City With The Italian Heart
Think of palm-lined lakes, mountains, and water sports. If it tickles your fancy much, this is the place where you need to go with your special someone! And be it the castles in Bellinzona or the waterfront promenades in Lugano, this region has the most magnificent surroundings to leave you two smitten, and in love!
Top Things To Do In Ticino:
- Explore the castles of Bellinzona
- Visit the spectacular Verzasca Valley
- Sit at the top of Monte Bre in Lugano and confess love to each other
Best Places To Stay In Ticino:
- The View Lugano
- Hotel Ibis Locarno
- La Rocca Boutique-Hotel
7. Grindelwald – The Village With Postcard-like Views
All these Switzerland honeymoon places have a charm of their own, but the one that will leave you swooning over its beauty is this village in the city. Also, this is the perfect spot if you want to escape the crowd and spend a romantic holiday away from the monotonous noises of the city.
Suggested Read: 11 Spectacular Switzerland Tourist Attractions
Top Things To Do In Grindelwald:
- Take a cable car ride to reach Grindelwald First and enjoy hiking
- Indulge in downhill Trotti biking and zip lining
- Spend some time together in the snow, and relish the views of the Swiss Alps
Best Places To Stay In Grindelwald:
- Romantik Schweizerhof Grindelwald
- Hotel Jungfrau Lodge
- Chalet-Hotel Gletschergarten
8. St. Moritz – The Village Of Luxury
This place will fulfill all your desires of experiencing a fancy holiday in a luxury resort with heartwarming views around. Not just that, but it also houses some of the best designer shops and gorgeous restaurants in the town. So, you know where to head out of all the honeymoon places in Switzerland !
Top Things To Do In St. Moritz:
- Indulge in the famous Engadine walnut tart and treat your sweet tooth
- Take a ride on the Bernina Express
- Go skiing at night
Best Places To Stay In St. Moritz:
- Hotel Suvretta House
- Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
- Hotel Europa
9. Montreux – The Romantic Resort Town
Situated between steep hills and lakeside, Montreux is a traditional resort town built on Lake Geneva. Amongst all the places to visit in Switzerland for honeymoon , this is the best spot if a soul-satisfying, full of romance, holiday is all what you desire!
Suggested Read: Top 10 Places To Visit In Switzerland During Winters
Top Things To Do In Montreux:
- Take the Golden Pass Train and enjoy gorgeous panoramic views
- Have a romantic walk across the promenade
- Wander through the beautiful Lavaux vineyards
Best Places To Stay In Montreux:
- Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
- Hotel Eurotel
- Hotel Victoria
10. Lausanne – The City With A Happening Nightlife
Honeymooning sure gets the party mode on, and why wouldn’t it? It’s the perfect time to celebrate the beginning of your new life and so this moment definitely calls for a party. Lined up with cars, cafes, nightclubs, and more, Lausanne is the best city amongst all the honeymoon places in Switzerland to experience the most happening nightlife!
Top Things To Do In Lausanne:
- Visit Cathedral Notre Dame, the largest cathedral in Switzerland
- Enjoy spectacular views of the city from the terrace of Lausanne Castle
- Sit near Lake Ouchy and watch the sunset together
Best Places To Stay In Lausanne:
- Beau-Rivage Palace
- Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel
- Château d’Ouchy.
Further Read: A Romantic 10N/11D Honeymoon Trip To Europe
While all of these honeymoon places in Switzerland are nestled amidst mountains and greenery that will melt your heart with their beauty, what would make your experience more impeccable is how you plan your trip. So, customize your Europe honeymoon trip with TravelTriangle to make sure you live it exactly how you dream of it!
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.