Be it the old-school romance of DDLJ’s Raj and Simran in Zurich or the cute fling of Bachna Ae Haseeno’s modern-day Raj and Mahi in Gstaad, Switzerland has continued to win our hearts with its charm. And so, there’s no doubt that these popular spots are the best honeymoon places in Switzerland for any couple to celebrate the start of their new life! From lush green grasslands to snow-capped mountains, there’s enough for you two to linger on. And if this tempts you further to plan your honeymoon in Europe, make sure you also include some of these best Switzerland honeymoon places in your itinerary to have an impeccably memorable experience!
Top 12 Honeymoon Places In Switzerland
Switzerland is one of the top choices for newly wed couples because of the various beautiful places and fun activities available there. Here are the top honeymoon places in Switzerland for you to visit:
1. Zurich – Culturally Vibrant City
The picturesque lanes, scenic waterfront promenades, and snow-capped mountains in the background make Zurich one of the top honeymoon places in Switzerland. Even in the rain, this city looks so beautiful that there’s no excuse for you to not visit here. It is one of the most romantic places in Switzerland.
Top Things To Do In Zurich:
- Walk hand in hand across the waters of Lake Geneva
- Shop to your heart’s content in Bahnhofstrasse
- Dine at the posh Rive Gauche
Best Places To Stay In Zurich:
- Widder Hotel
- The Dolder Grand
- Best Western Plus Hotel Zürcherhof
Europe Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Explore the most romantic places to visit in Europe, from Paris to the Venice canals, and from the Greek islands to the Swiss Alps. Book customized packages Inclusive of airport transfers, cab, resort, sightseeing, and meals offered by expert agents on TravelTriangle. Book Now!
2. Geneva – Artsy Metropolis
Despite being the second most populous city in the country, is amongst the popular Switzerland honeymoon destinations that people love visiting. Apart from offering gorgeous panoramic views, this city has so much to see and do, that you won’t ever come across a dull moment. It is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Switzerland.
Top Things To Do In Geneva:
- Hike the Saleve Mountain and enjoy mesmerizing views from the top
- Watch the Jet d’eau Fountain and spend a romantic evening together
- Take a boat and visit the world famous Chillon Castle
Best Places To Stay In Geneva:
- Hotel d’Angleterre
- Mandarin Oriental
- Ibis Styles Geneva Station Hotel
3. Zermatt – Paradise For Adventure Seekers
While this city has the most breathtaking views to offer with the famous Matterhorn around, it happens to offer the most expensive accommodation. But, we bet that it’s worth every penny. This car-free village is one of the best Switzerland honeymoon spots if mountaineering and skiing are what gets you both pumped up. Though to witness the best in the city, the winters in Zermatt are a perfect time to plan your visit! It is one of the most scenic places to visit in Switzerland for honeymoon.
Top Things To Do In Zermatt:
- Enjoy the best views of the Matterhorn at sunrise or sunset
- Take a helicopter tour
- Explore the churches and chapels in the village or go for hiking/skiing
Best Places To Stay In Zermatt:
- The Omnia
- Hotel Sonne
- Hotel Romantica
Suggested Read: A Fantastical Honeymoon Trip In A Fairytale World Of Switzerland
4. Interlaken – Scenic Beauty
It is one of the best honeymoon spots in Switzerland. Set amidst the stunning Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, and in the heart of the famous Jungfrau Region, Interlaken is the place to be if you want to experience the best of nature. Not to forget, this place also lets you experience some adventure topped with romance. This is one of the most popular places in Switzerland for honeymoon.
Top Things To Do In Interlaken:
- Indulge in Paragliding
- Take a train ride and explore the beautiful Schynige Platte
- Enjoy epic views from the famous Harder Kulm lookout
Best Places To Stay In Interlaken:
- Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Royal St Georges Interlaken
- Hotel Weisses Kreuz.
5. Lucerne – Winding Lanes
It is one of the best city in Switzerland for honeymoon. Environed with a fairytale aura and a vintage feel, this is your gateway to central Switzerland. The colorful medieval architecture and gorgeous fountains are amongst the many charming attractions here. And so, there is no doubt that it’s one of the best places in Switzerland for honeymoon! Pack your bags and visit this top honeymoon places in Switzerland as soon as you can.
Top Things To Do In Lucerne:
- Take a romantic, leisure boat ride across the Lake Lucerne
- Visit the famous Mt. Rigi
- Soak in the gorgeous views from the top of the Jungfrau Glacier
Best Places To Stay In Lucerne:
- Palace Luzern
- Hotel Cascada
- Hotel Seeberg Luzern
Suggested Read: Dreaming Of An Exotic Honeymoon In Switzerland? Make It Happen
6. Ticino – Waterfront Promenades
Think of palm-lined lakes, mountains, and water sports. If it tickles your fancy much, this is the place where you need to go with your special someone! And be it the castles in Bellinzona or the waterfront promenades in Lugano, this is one of the most relaxing places in Switzerland for honeymoon. It will leave you two smitten, and in love!
Top Things To Do In Ticino:
- Explore the castles of Bellinzona
- Visit the spectacular Verzasca Valley
- Sit at the top of Monte Bre in Lugano and confess love to each other
Best Places To Stay In Ticino:
- The View Lugano
- Hotel Ibis Locarno
- La Rocca Boutique-Hotel
7. Grindelwald – Snowcapped Mountains
All these Switzerland honeymoon places have a charm of their own, but the one that will leave you swooning over its beauty is this village in the city. Also, this is the perfect spot if you want to escape the crowd and spend a romantic holiday away from the monotonous noises of the city.
Top Things To Do In Grindelwald:
- Take a cable car ride to reach Grindelwald First and enjoy hiking
- Indulge in downhill Trotti biking and zip lining
- Spend some time together in the snow, and relish the views of the Swiss Alps
Best Places To Stay In Grindelwald:
- Romantik Schweizerhof Grindelwald
- Hotel Jungfrau Lodge
- Chalet-Hotel Gletschergarten
Suggested Read: 11 Spectacular Switzerland Tourist Attractions
8. St. Moritz – Beauty Exemplified
This place will fulfill all your desires of experiencing a fancy holiday in a luxury resort with heartwarming views around. Not just that, but it also houses some of the best designer shops and gorgeous restaurants in the town. So, you know where to head out of all the nice places for honeymoon in Switzerland!
Top Things To Do In St. Moritz:
- Indulge in the famous Engadine walnut tart and treat your sweet tooth
- Take a ride on the Bernina Express
- Go skiing at night
Best Places To Stay In St. Moritz:
- Hotel Suvretta House
- Carlton Hotel St. Moritz
- Hotel Europa
9. Montreux – Exuberant Vibes
Situated between steep hills and lakeside, Montreux is a traditional resort town built on Lake Geneva. Amongst all the places to visit in Switzerland for honeymoon , this is the best spot if a soul-satisfying, full of romance, the holiday is all that you desire!
Top Things To Do In Montreux:
- Take the Golden Pass Train and enjoy gorgeous panoramic views
- Have a romantic walk across the promenade
- Wander through the beautiful Lavaux vineyards
Best Places To Stay In Montreux:
- Fairmont Le Montreux Palace
- Hotel Eurotel
- Hotel Victoria
Suggested Read: Top 10 Places To Visit In Switzerland During Winters In 2018-19
10. Lausanne – Best Party Places
Honeymooning sure gets the party mode on, and why wouldn’t it? It’s the perfect time to celebrate the beginning of your new life and so this moment definitely calls for a party. Lined up with cars, cafes, nightclubs, and more, Lausanne is the best city among all the top honeymoon places to visit in Switzerland to experience the most happening nightlife!
Top Things To Do In Lausanne:
- Visit Cathedral Notre Dame, the largest cathedral in Switzerland
- Enjoy spectacular views of the city from the terrace of Lausanne Castle
- Sit near Lake Ouchy and watch the sunset together
Best Places To Stay In Lausanne:
- Beau-Rivage Palace
- Carlton Lausanne Boutique Hotel
- Château d’Ouchy.
11. Contra Dam – Bungee Jumping
Most people visit Contra Dam to bungee jump from there. This avenue for adventure is certainly not for the fainthearted. The jump from Contra Dam at a height of 220m is truly an adrenaline-inducing experience. Release your fears, grab your partner’s hand and take the jump of your lives. You will have so much fun. Apart from this, you can also visit this dam for sightseeing purposes or to take a few pictures atop the dam.
Top Things To Do In Contra Dam:
- Bungee Jump from Contra Dam, one of the highest bungee jump places in the world.
- You can see popular cities of Switzerland from the top of this dam.
Best Places To Stay Near Contra Dam:
- Hotel Dell’Angelo
- Grotto Flora B&B
12. Bern – Post Industrial Edge
Does taking a bath in the middle of the city sound puzzling to you? Well, you can pursue this activity in reality. Summers in Switzerland is a great time for both locals and tourists as most tourist attractions are open to everyone. One such wonder is the outdoor bath in Marzili in Bern. Swimming in the cool glacial waters of Aare under the bright sun is one of the best things to do around here. Make sure to indulge in this when you’re in Bern.
Top Things To Do In Bern:
- Swimming in the glacial waters of Aare.
- Picnicking with your family and friends by the waterside.
Best Places To Stay In Bern:
- Bern Backpackers Hotels Glocke
- Hotel Allegro Bern
Further Read: A Romantic 10N/11D Honeymoon Trip To Europe
While all of these honeymoon places in Switzerland are nestled amidst mountains and greenery that will melt your heart with their beauty, what would make your experience more impeccable is how you plan your trip. So, customize your Europe honeymoon trip to make sure you live it exactly how you dream of it! You’ll be amazed by how much fun you’ll have on this trip. You’ll be able to reconnect with your partner better and strengthen your bond.
Frequently Asked Questions About Honeymoon Places In Switzerland
A. Zurich, Geneva, Interlaken, Lucerne, Ticino and Zermatt are some of the places to visit in Switzerland for honeymoon.
A. Switzerland has a long list of romantic experiences which includes Dine-in and enjoy the beautiful artistic interiors at Zurich and Geneva. Apart from that one can also enjoy a world-class skiing and hiking experience amidst the beautiful and untouched Swiss Alps.
A. An average cost for a honeymoon in Switzerland costs around 1-2 lakhs for about 7-10 days.
A. If someone wants to explore the best sights of Switzerland, 6-7 days are enough to stay. And in addition to that it totally depends on the needs of the traveler.
A. Yes. Switzerland is the most expensive travel destination in Europe. This place is known for its exotic Swiss Alps which complements the streets of Switzerland.
A. The US citizens can enter the Schengen area without a visa till 90 days for tourism, business trips or transit. While other countries like India require an E-visa to enter within the Swiss government.
A. Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bhutan, Colombia are some of the countries which requires visa for Switzerland apart from India. There are options for applying an E-visa and Visa on arrival for some countries.
A. People can experience a lot of things in Switzerland which also includes Paddle Boarding, Rhine Falls Boating, Chillon Castles, Sky dining, Local Wine Tasting, Swiss Chocolates and also people can try out the Cable Car Ride which is quite enthralling thing to do in Switzerland.
A. Yes, Switzerland is a haven for romance.
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read