The custom-made wedding dress, the royal ‘mandap’, the melodious songs, and the grand setting all melted together to create one heck of an epic day. Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur’s timeless elegance will charm and delight you as you gather with your loved ones to celebrate and mark the special moment in your lives. Umaid Bhawan is one of the most spectacular royal homes that has witnessed innumerable celebrations and weddings.
If you think Umaid Bhawan is your match made in heaven, this little blog can help you decide whether you should go for a royal wedding in this marvel built by Maharaja Umaid Singh.
Know Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur A Little Better
One of the most opulent homes ever built, Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur is perched high above the desert capital of Jodhpur. The residence of Gaj Singh II, Umaid Bhawan Palace has 300+ rooms amid the magnificent gardens. The premises houses the grand Taj Umaid Bhawan Palace hotel, which allows guests to experience the royal life. The Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum is another attraction popular among tourists.
So how much does a wedding at Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur cost?
The Umaid Bhawan Palace offers 4 indoor venues and 6 outdoor venues to exchange the vows. According to a wedding planning website, a wedding cost at Umaid Bhawan Palace can go as high as 1 cr, for a not-so-fancy wedding ceremony. The decor alone can cost you between 15,00,000 to 25,00,000 INR.
While the cheapest accommodation available—which is the Palace Room—can cost you between 50,000 INR – 55,000 INR, lunch (8-10k) and dinner (10-12k) can cost you 22,000 INR per person. That’s an expensive affair!
Things you must not miss while you’re at Umaid Bhawan Palace
Whether you’re attending a wedding at Umaid Bhawan Palace or have come to explore and admire its elegance and charm, this place is heaven for those who want to witness the lives of the Royal family.
1. Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum houses vintage clocks and arts, make sure you explore this part of the museum.
2. In the front garden of the palace, many vintage cars are displayed where you can click pictures.
3. From miniature paintings to incredibly beautiful murals, there’s so much to see inside the museum.
4. One can enjoy continental or fusion Indian cuisine or try a royal barbecue at Umaid Bhawan Palace’s Restaurant named Risala.
5. If you’re not interested in the fine dining restaurant, you can go for the open-air cafe named Pillars. You can have some leisurely drinks and snacks here. Also, the cafe offers spectacular views of Baradari Lawns and Mehrangarh Fort.
6. If you want to indulge in some cocktails and Cuban cigars, Trophy Bar of Umaid Bhawan Palace, Jodhpur is where you should go.
7. Don’t forget your camera as photography is allowed inside the palace.
Putting aside the fact that Umaid Bhawan Palace is used for grand functions and celebrity weddings, there’s an interesting fact associated with the palace. Maharaja Umaid Singh’s purpose to build the palace was not only to create an architectural marvel but also to give employment to distressed farmers and needy people. Even today, the palace gives employment to thousands of people. So what are you waiting for? plan a trip to Jodhpur and take an extensive tour of Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur!
Frequently Asked About Umaid Bhawan Palace Jodhpur
A. The prices per night for a palace double room at Umaid Bhawan Palace begin at INR 38,700.
A. Yes, a fee valet parking is available at Umaid Bhawan Palace.
A. Umaid Bhawan has 70 beautiful rooms and suites for one to experience luxury and royalty.
A. Umaid Bhawan Palace is at a distance of around 4 km from Jodhpur airport and 3.5 km from the railway station. One can hire a local transport to reach the palace or request for a private transfer, if they are staying there.
A. Some of the places that one can visit near Umaid Bhawan are:
1. Mehrangarh Fort and Museum (5.8 km)
2. Ghanta Ghar (4.9 km)
3. Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park (6.1 km)
4. Singhoria Hill (5.9 km)
5. Masuria Hills (7.6 km)
A. Some of the best restaurants to try near Umaid Bhawan Palace are:
1. The Daily Grinds, Jodhpur
2. On The Rocks
3. Sparrows Pizzeria
4. Winds Restaurant