The United States of America is one of the greatest largest countries in the world. It is known to house 50 states covering a vast swath of North America and the famous islands named Alaska in its northwest and the very beautiful Hawaii extending the nation’s presence into the Pacific simply does the job for making it a perfect country indeed. The country is well known for its fascinating culture centres, hubs for financial expertise and some mesmerising yet utmost influential architectures and out of the several other unique things, Los Angeles which is home to Hollywood is nothing but an impactful factor which adds a lot of worth to the already magnificent and the top county in the world. There are several reasons why citizens of most countries come here and experience the said country’s variety of weather, ethnicity, food and culture. The below-mentioned details help to know and understand the process and procedures well which are required to apply for a US visa for Indians.
US Visa For Indians – Entire Process
Without an inch of argument, getting a US visa from India is a long process indeed but to make a note of, the US visa process is decently straightforward. It starts with determining the type of visa required and then the below-mentioned process follows further:
- Collect the documents required to complete the application and fill the NIV US visa application online (DS-160). You need to have all the required documents in place to avoid any unwanted delays in the process of obtaining the US visa.
- After the US visa fee is paid online, then after it requires to submit the application after which a fee receipt and DS-160 confirmation will be shared via email.
- With the DS-160 application barcode and the visa fee receipt number, an applicant can proceed further to schedule the US visa appointments (Usually two appointments are scheduled) at a Visa Application Center (VAC) for the biometric submission and then at US Embassy or Consulate-General for the visa interview.
- While visiting the VAC for biometric, make sure to carry the passport and the D-160 confirmation page. Like wisely, while visiting the US Embassy or Consulate, carry the supporting documents, appointment confirmation letter and VAC stamped D-160 confirmation page. It is recommended to carry as many documents as possible to be on the safer side.
Rules For Applying US Visa For Indians
The visa interview and biometric is only mandatory if an applicant is older than 14 years of age and less than 80. Don’t make any errors while filling in the DS-160 form as there won’t be an opportunity given to amend later. Incorrect or false information on the form will simply lead to the visa being delayed or simply denied and it is very well monitored by the US Government. There are many applications which were rejected for the very slightest mistake but if a visa application is rejected once then it does affect when an applicant applies for the next time and it also impacts on the tenure or validity of the visa which is granted.
Suggested Read: 20 Scenic Beaches In America Known For Their Vibrant Atmosphere
There are certain documents which are must to apply for a US visa and as there are several visa categories hence the documents would be required based on your visa type requested. Nevertheless, the below-mentioned list of documents is required during submission for an Indian national when they apply for a US visa;
- A passport which should be valid for the next 6 months minimum from the date of intended travel.
- 2 photos meeting the required specifications. The required photo specifications will be shared in the below paragraph in details so that you don’t make any error as far as the photos are concerned.
- DS-160 application confirmation page. This is a must document which has a huge impact on the approval or rejection of your US visa application status.
- Visa fees payment receipt and proof of financial means would be very much needed to verify and authenticate that an applicant is financially sound enough to take care of the day-to-day expenses which will be incurred during their stay after entering the said country. Bank statements should be provided reflecting the income and expenditures and it is recommended not to have any sudden entries showing huge amounts of credit or debit unless a valid reason of such entry can be validated.
- Proof of purpose of visit and proof of employment or enrolment in school/college.
Photo Specifications Required
The dimensions are said to be 50 mm by 50 mm and they should be taken recently to avoid any delay or rejection. The background is recommended to be plain white and it must have 70% face coverage. The facial expression should be neutral while the eyes should be directed towards the camera. Headgears are prohibited unless there is a religious reason and wearing uniforms are strictly not allowed. Glasses are not entertained unless there is a medical condition.
How To Track The US Visa Application Status Online
US visa application status can be simply tracked online by visiting the portal which will ask you to select the interview location and with the help of DS-160 barcode number. Send mail to ‘email@example.com’ with your passport number is an alternate way to track the status. Once the passport is ready for pickup, it can be delivered to your given home address if already requested.
Important Points To Remember
The time required for visa processing usually takes anywhere between 7 to 10 working days post submission however this may vary owing to the embassy’s workload, type of visa and of course the urgency factor if any. There is a high waiting time to schedule the visa interview hence its recommended to apply well in advance. Speaking of the fees, it depends on multiple factors such as the visa types, urgency and other possible additional charges. Though the applications for US visa for Indian nationals are made online, an applicant is still required to visit a VAC and an Embassy or Consulate in the given chronological order. There would be dedicated travel agents who are known for their sincere efforts in helping people to obtain a US visa hence any one can approach them and seek for their assistance which will come in a price but does improve your chances for getting an approval. You can always work it out with them in a convenient manner compared to what you may be able to achieve on your own considering the fact that they are very well versed with the embassy’s rules, norms, terms and conditions and they simply know how to get things done in an easy and for four in a better way.
The United States of America is a great country to visit for work or pleasure. Though the country ranks 1st in almost every factor hence the chances of getting a permit here is quite hard but of course not impossible. With the right intention, decent motive and purpose to visit, having enough funds in the bank account and submitting correct and appropriate documents will certainly increase your chances in obtaining the US visa for an Indian. It is also recommended to go through certain rules and basic laws which the country would ask you to abide. So if you’re planning a vacation in USA, make sure to not miss out on this handy guide to apply Visa.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions For The US Visa For Indians
A. Well, there is a provision to extend the US permit however it depends upon the category and to do so, one must make an application to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) right before the current visa expires. If it cannot be extended then you will be asked to leave the country before expiry under any given circumstances.
A. It depends on several factors such as the intention of the applicant, immigration status and few others.
A. There isn’t any specific amount which should be maintained however expected amount should be convincing enough to prove that one has enough funds to cover the day-to-day expenses which will be recurred once you enter the country.
A. US is for sure the largest country in the world and has proved its worth since ages in almost every field. It is certainly a dream of many to visit the so-called beautiful country and have a delightful experience however it is not very easy to obtain the US visa but its not nearly impossible either for an Indian national. Make sure to come up with appropriate documents and decent and valid intention, purpose or motive to visit the said country which will help you to get a visa sooner and offers you higher chances of approval.