Wondering where to head this June? Here’s a highly recommended travel destination! Vietnam has garnered a lot of attention worldwide. The region has become a prominent choice amongst the travel circuit. From immaculate beaches to mesmerizing pagodas, Vietnam is clustered with Invigorating ventures for visitors to embark upon! So, what are you waiting for? Grab your travel gear and head to Vietnam in June to experience the best of this prepossessing destination!
Weather In Vietnam In June
Being situated in the tropics, Vietnam witnesses a monsoon-influenced tropical climate. The Northern part lies under the subtropical region, whereas the center and the Southern Part of the country experiences a tropical climate. The average temperature ranges between 22° C to 27° C throughout the year.
The Southern Part experiences the same temperature year-round while winters in the Northern Part are relatively colder. The region experiences 4 distinct seasons, which are a lot more evident in the Northern provinces. The climate in the Southern parts is tropical monsoon with two seasons. In Hanoi and the North, Summers (June to August) are generally hot and humid. The Autumn season (September – November) is a lot more pleasant as compared to the Summertime. The temperature cools down.
The months of December and January are quite chilly and dry. If you are obsessed with beaches, then visiting Vietnam in June is a must! If you are someone who loves an adventure, then there are numerous water activities that one can indulge! The average temperature during the day in the month of June is 33° C which drops considerably at night. Since the month of June is off-season, you will not find much crowd during this time of the year!
Reasons To Visit Vietnam In June
- Da Nang International Fireworks Festival: Da Nang International Fireworks Festival happens annually at the bank of Han River, Da Nang City. The Fireworks competition witnesses international participation from eight countries, which include China, the UK, Finland, Belgium, Italy, Russia, Brazil, and Vietnam. The pyrotechnic competition is one of the most anticipated events. The sky is painted with magnificent fireworks performances with well-suited background music and visual effects. Apart from the main event, there are quite a few auxiliary ventures that visitors can explore, which includes food festivals, International art festivals, etc.
- Tet Doan Ngo (Summer Solstice Day): Tet Doan Ngo is the Vietnamese version of the Chinese Dragon Boat Festival. Doan Ngo translates to the moment when the sun is closest to the earth, and the holiday is often referred to as “the middle day of summer.” Vietnamese follow the tradition of killing insects, worshipping their ancestors in order to express gratitude. People cook fermented sticky rice with duck meat and also munch upon seasonal fruits while enjoying the hearty feast.
- Nha Trang Sea Festival: The vibrant festival is held every two years in early June. Adorned with embroidery displays and photography exhibitions, the festival also comprises various sports events and kite flying competitions. The celebratory event is a beautiful amalgamation of art and beauty. If you are planning to visit Vietnam in the month of June, do attend this magnificent carnival!
- Cost Effectiveness: If you want to witness Vietnam in all its glory, then visiting the territory in the month of June is a must. The climate during the month of June is not too hot as compared to the later part of the season since it marks the beginning of the summer season, and the sun is pleasantly warm rather than being all hot and scorchy! Plus, the month of June is not the peak season of travel, which makes it the perfect time to visit Vietnam as everything would be relatively cheap!
9 Best Places To Visit In Vietnam In June
Here are some of the most wonderful places to visit in Vietnam in June to make the most of this month:
1. Halong Bay
Marked as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Halong Bay is one of the most arresting travel destinations that one could have the privilege to visit! My Oh My! The view is so incredibly arresting, making it a prominent choice amongst the travel locale. The bay features thousands of limestone islands covered with lush green foliage. Travelers can walk through gigantic caves and can uncover various mineral deposits.
Cruising amid the Karsts while enjoying the panoramic landscape, sounds like a perfect escapade. Without a doubt, Halong Bay is truly a paradise! Accredited as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, Ha Long Bay is an eminent destination choice for backpackers around the world. The site of thousands of Limestone islets resting upon the green ocean of Halong is a sight worth laying your eyes upon! Travelers are offered a myriad of water pursuits, which include swimming, kayaking, scuba diving, etc.
Suggested Read: 10 Amazing Things To Do In Sapa On Your Vietnam Holiday In 2021
2. Ho Chi Minh City
A trip to Vietnam is never complete without a short trip to the country’s biggest commercial market! At the heart of the city lies the Dhong Khoi district, which harbors the majority of the city’s sights. The district houses the HCMC Museum that boasts a large collection of ancient artifacts that foretell the city’s story.
Built-in the 19th Century, the Grand Notre Dame Cathedral is also situated within the district. Da Khao is one of the oldest surviving districts near the city and is brimming with colonial architectural masterpieces. Travelers can pay a visit to the iconic Jade Emperor Pagoda. If history intrigues you, then do visit the city’s history museum!
One of the oldest exciting towns in the country and the capital of Nguyen emperors, Hue is a marvel and a relic of Imperial Vietnam. The town sits on the scintillating Perfume River, which further adds to the picturesque beauty of the region. Make sure to bring a camera and capture the unique artistry displayed at every step as the townhouses regal tombs and aesthetic pagodas.
4. Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park
The dramatic Karst Mountain featuring gigantic caverns with the spellbinding exhibit of stalagmites and stalactites is what makes this destination truly spectacular! The most- visited site within the park is the Paradise Cave. Another popular site is the Phong Nha Caves, the interiors of which can only be accessed via boat. How exciting!
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
5. My Son
Dating back to the 4th Century, My Son is a temple city comprising of Hindu temples, which were popular pilgrimage centers during the 5th and 10th centuries. There are around 20 temples, standing rock solid on the surface. The temples were built out of sandstone. The majority of the abodes were destroyed during the Vietnam War, the ruins of which can be found still.
6. Nha Tang Beach
Nha Tang is the idyllic beach retreat for travelers yearning for a perfect beachy vacay. Travelers can soak up the sun on the seashore while sipping a cold beer and enjoying the scenic beachside. Travelers can also opt for a 4-Island Nha Tang Tour. The magnificent seafood will render you speechless!
7. Mekong Delta
The Mekong is hailed for its cultural diversity and is a must-visit location for all the Globetrotters visiting Vietnam for the very first time. The hustle-bustle of the local markets accounts for the region’s lively atmosphere. The Delta is festooned with exquisite orchards, beautiful rice paddies and lush green foliage. The wilderness of the region will certainly rest your senses!
Exciting for more than 1,000 years now, Hanoi is always a great base to kick-start your Vietnam expedition. Travelers visiting the region for the first time must visit opt for the Hanoi City Tour around the Old Quarter and Sword Lake. For all the foodies, trying the original Pho Noodles in Hanoi is an obligatory assignment! Do visit the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and Museum. The region also features prepossessing pagodas, the most popular of the lot being Tran Quoc Pagoda.
9. Hoi An Old Quarter
The region features spectacular Japanese covered Bridge, which was constructed in the 18th century. Travelers can rent a boat on the poetic Thu Bon River. You can have your very own custom-tailored made clothes! Make sure to visit the place with your loved one because the region screams romance!
Where should one begin? There are so many reasons for Vietnam! Be it the regal history, the diverse culture, or the bewitching landscapes, Vietnam is certainly a dream destination for everyone! Owing to the country’s ever-growing popularity, Vietnam has witnessed a large number of tourist turnout, making it a must-visit location for travelers across the globe. Regardless of the turbulent history, Vietnam still shines brighter than any nation, radiating nothing but positivity. So, what are you waiting for? Hit that bucket list and visit Vietnam!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vietnam In June
A. No, June is, in fact, is shoulder season for tourists in Vietnam.
A. It may rain in Vietnam in the month of June as the country is under the Southwest Monsoon season.
A. You may expect a good local crowd in the month of June as it is the period of school holidays in Vietnam.
A. No, June will not be the cheapest month to travel. September is the cheapest month to fly and visit Vietnam.
A. As it can be hot and a bit humid in the month of June – ensure that you pack light summer clothes that can absorb sweat and can stay dry. Light-colored cotton, linen or summer athletic wear will be good.
People Also Read: