If one is planning to travel to a destination, any destination, the first thing they would check is the connectivity and when it comes to is one of the most beautiful cities in Thailand, Pattaya, it’s no different. Nestled in the eastern Gulf coast of Thailand and quite famous for its beaches, Patayya is always in pursuit of providing a great experience to the visitors. Pattaya is also known to own some great resort hotels, shopping malls, some magnificent high-rise condos and 24-hour clubs. As for those who slightly include more towards spirituality, they are always welcome to visit Wat Phra Yai Temple which features an 18 meter tall golden Buddha. The below details will give a basic idea about the airport in Pattaya, including its features and facilities to make sure you have a great experience while travelling to and from and to avoid any hassle during their journey.
Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport
U-Tapao Rayong Pattaya International Airport is the only airport in Pattaya and is also known to be a Royal Thai Navy Air Station. It is said to serve local as well as international flights. It is an international airport considerably close to the South East of Bangkok about 147 km away. Due to the airport’s proximity and amazing facilities, it enables travellers to connect with any part of Thailand. To the already huge airport, recently there is a new terminal was added as an expansion project which now has a capacity of another 3 million passengers around the year. With the recent update, there are more flights added to the existing list as Air Asia has introduced a number of flights to and from Pattaya and also few numbers of Chinese Airlines are said to be flown in and out from the said beautiful airport.
Location: 2 70 Phla, Ban Chang District, Rayong 21130, Thailand
Airport Code: UTP
Transportation Facility At Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport In Pattaya
- As for the distance is concerned, the Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport in Pattaya is about 36 km from the Pattaya city which is said to be about 50 minutes’ drive approximately. For the traveller’s convenience, there is a number of air-conditioned buses which runs in the route of Trat, Chonburi and Rayong. For a better travelling experience, there are four buses ply to each of the said routes which covers some major distances in a very short time. Each bus can accommodate a maximum of 19 passengers and as an addon, the fares are quite reasonable.
- For Air Asia passengers, there is a dedicated minibus facility right from the Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport in Pattaya to the Central Festival Mall in the City Centre. To make a note of, this has no additional fee. Nevertheless, there is also a pickup facility from the same destination up to the airport.
- By contacting the PPK Travel, the passengers can avail the taxi service (female drivers only). For one-way travel from the airport to the city comes to a fare of 800 Baht.
- The U-Tapao arrival zone has taxi service counters which are known to be a very convenient and a dispensable option which would costs1,000 Baht up to the hotel. Fares are fixed and no bargaining shall be entertained.
- A facility of car rentals too is available if a passenger/traveller holds an international license. It is certainly considered to be a very convenient and an easy option yet it’s expensive comparatively.
- Some hotels are known to provide shuttle service which can be used to reach the Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport in Pattaya.
- There is a well-managed car parking facility for short- and long-term purpose. There are an enhanced and undoubtedly very secured security patrols. As for the parking fees, it costs 20 Baht per hour for short term parking which can be a maximum of 6 hours while the cost for parking more than 6 hours it is said to cost 140 Baht per day.
Services At Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport In Pattaya
- For the passengers who are travelling for work or leisure purposes, there is an excellent internet café.
- The information/travel desk at the airport is known to be the best in offering assistance to the passengers regarding the airport of the details related to the city. The hotel bookings can be done at the kiosks which are certainly much helpful to get some relevant information about the hotels one desires to stay. The staff here are well versed with passenger ethics and are known to be very friendly yet helpful and can help you with details related to many famous attractions.
- Meant for the purpose of refreshment and rejuvenation, the coffee shop at the airport can be well accessed to sit back and sip on the favourite and delicious cup of coffee of your choice.
- The Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport in Pattaya is reputed and recognised to have some of the finest in-house restaurants serving food of various delicacies including different cultures around the globe. Some notable restaurants are Eatery Garden, KFC and Aunty Annie’s serving some delicious cuisine food. Let us not avoid the Indian food to bars such as Chutney India, Red Chilli, Kadoya Restaurant and Beer Corner who have earned quite a reputation for themselves.
- While travelling to home it is for sure a great idea to head home with a souvenir. In a pursuit to gift yourself with a souvenir, the airport has some amazing souvenir shops which are good enough to please your eyes and heart.
- While travelling to a foreign county, currency exchange can be a hassle however at this airport in Pattaya, currency exchange facility offered in a very convenient way.
- There is this amazing lost and found counter if you have somehow lost or misplaced your belongings.
- If you ever need a postal facility, you have it right here where one can post or fax.
- During a medical emergency or to provide assistance to the physically disabled passengers, there is a team of medics right at the airport in Pattaya.
Pattaya is for sure a haven for passengers/travellers which is well managed, organised and equipped with everything required for a great and convenient experience. While you are here, remember not to click photos of the aircraft windows during landing or taking off as it is also a base for the Royal Thai Navy Air Station and is known to be very sensitive for obvious reasons. There are no lounge facilities or any given exotic services at the Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport in Pattaya. The customs and immigration are fast yet easy-going comparatively provided you are carrying all the documents required. So, plan a trip to Pattaya and check out what the hype is about.
Frequently Asked Questions About Airports In Pattaya
Q. What is the name of the airport in Pattaya?
A. Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport is the airport nearest to Pattaya. It is located at a distance of 36 kilometers.
Q. How far is the city from the airport?
A. Pattaya is about 36 kilometers away from the Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport.
Q. Is the airport known to serve domestic and international flights?
A. Yes, it is well known to serve the domestic as well as international flights.
Q. What is the airport code?
A. The airport code for Utapao Rayong-Pattaya International Airport in Pattaya is UTP.
Q. Are there duty-free stores in the airport in Pattaya?
A. Yes, there are duty-free stores where the passengers can purchase what they need.
Q. Are there in-house hotels?
A. Yes, there are in-house hotels for the convenience of the passengers.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
People Also Read: