Best known for its glittering nightlife and never-seen-before parties, Pattaya is often considered to be a destination for bachelors. The reality, however, is different. Pattaya has a lot more to offer and quite a percentage of it is for families and couples as well. It has attractions that can delight people with varied interests.
If you are planning a trip, get ready to explore the myriad spots. Trust me, you’ll be spoiled for choice picking between Pattaya city tours and sightseeing, chilling out at the secluded islands and beaches, enjoying cultural programmes, indulging in a range of adventure and watersports and of course the nightlife.
Get on with the list of the most fun things to do in Pattaya, after you’re acquainted with what is the best time and best way to visit the Thai Sin City.
Best Time To Visit Pattaya
November – April is the best time to visit Pattaya. These months are pleasant and do not receive very high rainfall.
How To Reach Pattaya
The U-Tapao Airport, located 30 km from Pattaya, is the nearest airport. However, it offers limited connectivity. The Suvarnabhumi Airport of Bangkok, located 121 km from Pattaya, is the nearest airport to Pattaya with excellent connectivity.
Buses and taxis ply between Bangkok and Pattaya.
Distance from Bangkok to Pattaya: 148 km
Travel Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
An economical non-AC train operates between the main train station of Pattaya and the Hualamphong Station of Bangkok.
And now the best things to do in Pattaya that will make your trip to Thailand an amazing one.
Thailand Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Experience thrilling adventure sports, enjoy Thai cuisines, or pamper yourself with a relaxing spa. Book Thailand holiday packages on TravelTriangle and enjoy the beauty of the beaches of Krabi, Phuket, and Ko Samui.
1. Explore the breath-taking Siam Pattaya and Chanthaburi Sapphire Mines
Suggested for: Families and couples
Taking the exclusive tours for Siam Pattaya and Chanthaburi Sapphire Mines is one of the most popular things to do in Pattaya. Siam Pattaya – the first miniature replica of the Thai heritage and the wonders of the world – comprises of miniature models of many beautiful sites of the world including London Bridge, Statue of Liberty, Pyramid, Temple of the emerald Buddha, Bridge over the River Kwai, and Prasat Hin Phimai.
Private guided tours are also organised for Chanthaburi – a destination famous for the Sapphire mines. Here, tourists get a chance to see the cutting and polishing of these precious stones.
- Siam Pattaya: Half day tour, beginning at 8:30 am
- Sapphire Mines: Full day tour, beginning at 8:30 am
- Siam Pattaya: 600 Baht per person
- Chanthaburi Sapphire Mines: 4,575 Baht per person
Conversion Rate: 1 Baht = INR 1.92
2. Watch cabaret shows: One of the things to do in Pattaya for adults only
Suggested for: Couples and bachelors
The cabaret shows of Tiffany and Alcazar are extremely popular and major tourist attractions in Pattaya. While the Tiffany Cabaret Show is performed by super talented ladyboys, Alcazar is performed by cross-dressing performers. The shows present a combination of dance, music, and drama with popular Thai and English songs. These depict the Indian Raj, the glorious past of China, and the history & heritage of Siam.
- Tiffany Cabaret Show: Three shows; 6 pm, 7:30 pm, 9 pm
- Alcazar Cabaret Show: Four shows; 5 pm, 6:30 pm, 8 pm, 9:30 pm
- Tiffany Cabaret Show: 1200 Baht per person
- Alcazar Cabaret Show: 500 Baht per person (normal seats) | 600 Baht per person (VIP seats)
3. Experience the SKY Pattaya Rocket Ball Ride: Strictly for bravehearts
Here comes the thrilling side of Pattaya. The SKY Pattaya Rocket Ball Ride, one of the most fun-filled things to do in Pattaya at night, comprises of a couple of steel towers with an exclusive string linked to each of the towers. Both the ends of the string are attached to a confined steel-made vehicle in which both the riders are accommodated.
Located on the Walking Street, this ride tosses the people high up in the air. The riders spin and bounce repeatedly, with a thrilling velocity. This ride is, indeed, one of the best things to do in Pattaya for the bravehearts. But beware! You need to be physically active and mentally strong to enjoy the real fun.
Opening Hours: 5:00 pm – 4:00 am
Entry Charges: 500 Baht per person
4. Enjoy the Flight of the Gibbon: An exhilarating canopy tour
Suggested for: Adventure enthusiasts
Do not miss this thrilling canopy tour, one of the top things to do in Pattaya for the adventurous souls. The ‘Flight of the Gibbon’ zip line stretches for about 3 km through 26 platforms of Khao Kheow Open Zoo. It is a full-day affair if accompanied by jungle safari. Children more than 1m in height are eligible to do this canopy tour independently.
Opening Hours: 6 am onwards
Entry Charges: 3300 Baht per person
5. Explore the Koh Samet island
Suggested for: Couples and bachelors
Locally known as the Paradise Island, Koh Samet is a white sand island near Pattaya mainland. The island can be reached by a ferry ride from the fishing village of Ban Phe. The stunning beauty of the island is amplified with its sparkling sand, crystal blue water, and pristine beach-front.
Soaking in the sun and enjoying Thai cuisine on the beach-front are among the favorite things to do in Pattaya for couples. Colorful beach umbrellas, rows of relaxing beach chairs, and bustling shacks further enhance the charm. Sunbathing, swimming, strolling, or simply relaxing in Hat Sai Kaew (popularly known as Diamond Beach – longest beach of the picturesque island) are other things to do in Pattaya when on this island.
Opening Hours: Ferry rides start at 8:30 am
Entry Charges: 20 – 200 Baht per person for everyone; depending on the pick-up point
Tip: Do not miss the sumptuous Thai lunch at one of beach restaurants.
Planning your holiday in Thailand but confused about what to do? These Thailand travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
6. Go Scuba Diving and Snorkeling at Koh Larn Coral Island
Suggested for: Couples, and bachelors
With the glistening white sand and the transparent blue waters, Koh Larn or Coral island is one of the most popular island destinations in Pattaya. Coral spotting in glass bottom boats, snorkeling, swimming, and surfing are the super fun things to do in Pattaya and the nearby islands.
Koh Larn Island also offers exhilarating sports like windsurfing, parasailing, and jet-skiing. The bustling beach restaurants offer mouth-watering Thai food and refreshing beverages.
Opening Hours: Ferry services start 7 am onwards
Entry Charges: 30 Baht per person for ferry charges | Watersports at extra cost
7. Discover history and heritage of Pattaya with museums visits and religious tours
Suggested for: Families, couples, and bachelors
Pattaya has lots of incredible museums and serene religious destinations that pull tourists all-round the year. Exploring these places is among the best things to do in Pattaya with family. In fact, no Pattaya holiday can be complete without exploring Art in Paradise – one of the super cool attractions in Pattaya. This is not a normal art gallery. Rather, one in which the tourists can see super cool 3D paintings. One can also add Ripley’s Believe It Or Not in the list and explore the ghost trains, red trains, aquariums, wax works, and haunted adventures.
Pattaya also has some absolutely peaceful religious places to visit, such as Big Buddha Hill and Sanctuary of Truth. Wat Phra Khao Yai or Big Buddha Hill has a stunning statue of Lord Buddha overlooking the entire Pattaya city. Sanctuary of Truth, on the other hand, is a breathtaking temple reflecting history and heritage of Pattaya.
- Art in Paradise: 9:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not: 11 am – 11 pm
- Wat Phra Khao: 6:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Sanctuary of Truth: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Art in Paradise: 500 Baht per person (adults) | 300 Baht per person (children)
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not: 1250 Baht per person
- Wat Phra Khao: Free entry
- Sanctuary of Truth: 500 Baht per person
8. Feast on the delectable seafood
Pattaya is famous and immensely popular for mouth-watering and superb, tasty seafood. Starting from lobsters and crabs to squids and octopuses, the city has it all. People visiting Pattaya find it thrilling and exciting to taste these yummilicious delicacies in various restaurants and eating joints. Some popular names here are:
- Glass House: Beachfront dining, specialising in pizza, steak, and seafood
- Mum Aroi: Located along the coast of fishing village of Naklua, it serves one of tastiest Thai cuisine in the city
- Rimpa Lapin: Famous clifftop restaurant serving delectable Thai fusion food
- Nang Nual: The highlight of walking street, catering mouth-watering seafood platter
- La Baguette: Thai café that offers awesome salad, crepes, pastries, tea, and coffee
Other famous places to explore are Mantra, Sketch Book Art Café, Bang Sare, Leng Kee, and numerous local food stalls at Thepprasit market.
Opening Hours: 11 am – 12 am (mostly)
9. Go shopping
Good news, shopaholics! Pattaya has some awesome and mind-boggling shopping options for all. The numerous street shops and the plush shopping malls make shopping one of the most preferred things to do in Pattaya.
Floating market is one of most popular tourist destinations, known for its outstanding souvenir collection. Explore the floating market to see how almost 114 vendor sail and sell in Thai boats and canoes.
Rest of the shops are located on both sides in a stilted village. The bustling Walking Street is frequented by tourists to pick toys, electronics, and cosmetics. Some renowned and classy malls of the city are Central Festival Mall, Royal Garden Plaza, Outlet Mall, Mike Shopping Mall, Mimosa, Central Centre, and One Tambon One Product Shop. However, the Pattaya Night Bazaar and the Thepprasit Night Market are also popular tourist attractions in Pattaya for shopping.
10. Spend a fun-filled day at Cartoon Network Amazone
Suggested for: Families with kids
For the kids in the group or for those who are really young at heart, Pattaya has the world’s first cartoon network themed amusement and water park. One among the most popular tourist attractions in Pattaya, this theme park has loads of fun-filled and thrilling rides like Alien Attack, Banana Spin, Cartoonival, Goop Loop, Humunga Slide, Jake Jump, Mega Wave etc.
Also, there are live shows performed by various Cartoon Network characters, such as Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, and Gumball & Darwin.
Opening Hours: 10 am – 6 pm
- Thai Residents: 1290 Baht per person (adult) | 990 Baht per person (children and senior citizens); Thai Residents can also buy annual pass starting 6000 Baht per person. Webiste
- Non-Thai Residents: 1590 Baht per person (adult) | 1290 Baht per person (children and senior citizens)
11. Explore the flora and fauna
Pattaya is not only meant for glorious nightlife, loud parties, fun rides, and delightful shopping. This happening paradise also offers some refreshing destinations for nature lovers and enthusiasts. Taking a tour of these biodiversity reserves is one of the best things to do in Pattaya for nature lovers.
One such place is Nong Nooch Botanical Garden. It is a huge orchid garden, along with a zoo. The latter even has elephant performances and cockfights. Khao Kheow Open Zoo – world’s largest zoological park – has almost 8000 animals and close to 300 species. The animals are kept in enclosures that look exactly like their natural habitat.
Located in Pattaya’s outskirts, Sriracha Tiger Zoo boasts of 200 Bengal tigers and over 10,000 crocodiles. The Elephant Village is another major tourist attraction where one can see, play, and wash the elephants. Underwater World Marine Park is also an incredible destination. Dive with sharks and feeding the fish are some of the top things to do in Pattaya.
- Nong Nooch Botanical Garden: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Khao Kheow Open Zoo: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sriracha Tiger Zoo: 8.00 am – 6.00 pm
- Elephant Village: 8:30 am – 6 pm
- Underwater World Marine Park: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Nong Nooch Botanical Garden: 500 Baht per person; inclusive of cultural shows and elephant performances
- Khao Kheow Open Zoo: 300 Baht per person
- Sriracha Tiger Zoo: 850 Baht per person (adults) | 750 Baht per person (children)
- Elephant Village: 1600 – 2600 Baht per person; depending on the package. For details click here.
- Underwater World Marine Park: 500 Baht per person (adults) | 300 Baht per person (children)
In a nutshell, there are some super cool things to do in Pattaya for bachelors, friends, families, and honeymooners. Indulging in these fun-filled activities in Pattaya will ensure a wonderful holiday in Pattaya.
Further Read: 11 Kickass Water Sports In Thailand For The Water Babies
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.