Choosing the right place out of the all best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica can be a tough call to make. Be it spending time on the white sand beaches or feeling the love in the coziness of a luxurious retreat, this country has got everything to tickle your fancy. But, if a heartwarming honeymoon experience is all what you desire, then dance with joy because one of these 10 romantic places in Costa Rica is exactly where you need to head to!
1. Manuel Antonio
Undoubtedly one of the top best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica, Manuel Antonio is a favorite among many. It’s set like a jewel on the Central Pacific Coast and is in close proximity to the capital city – San Jose. The serene beaches and beautiful rainforests here are only a couple of reasons that will add more charm to your honeymoon in Costa Rica.
Famous For: Manuel Antonio National Park and adventure activities.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Manuel Antonio: The Preserve at Los Altos Resort
Things To Do In Manuel Antonio:
- Indulge in adventure activities like canopy tour zip lining, waterfall rappelling, whitewater rafting, etc.
- Hike the Manuel Antonio National Park and see wildlife
- Take a romantic stroll on the beach
- Watch the sunset from a catamaran cruise
2. Arenal Volcano
There is nothing more romantic than relaxing with your loved one in a steamy hot spring, and staying in a luxury resort amidst exotic rainforests. And out of all the Costa Rica honeymoon destinations, Arenal offers it all in the most sumptuous way ever. You can definitely pick this place if you’re looking for a romantic and rejuvenating holiday experience.
Suggested Read: 20 Superb Summer Honeymoon Ideas: Romance The Unusual Way
Famous For: Hotsprings and waterfalls.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Arenal Volcano: Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort
Things To Do In Arenal Volcano:
- Savour the beauty of the La Fortuna Waterfall
- Visit the volcano and the Arenal National Park
- Indulge in hiking and bungee jumping
3. Gulf Of Papagayo
The Gulf Of Papagayo is the ultimate destination for all kinds of Costa Rica romantic vacations. It’s home to all the gorgeous 5 star luxury beach resorts like the Four Seasons Resort, Occidental Grand Papagayo, Hilton Papagayo, etc. Apart from this, it’s also known for the long white and dark sand beaches, beautiful waves, and dry tropical forests.
Famous For: Luxurious beach resorts and its close proximity to the Liberia International Airport.
Most Romantic Place To Stay On Gulf Of Papagayo: Four Seasons Resort
Things To Do In Gulf Of Papagayo:
- Enjoy beach activities together like kayaking, fishing, scuba, snorkeling, paddle-boarding, etc.
- Take a tour to other regions like Monteverde and Arenal
- Unwind at the beach or in your private infinity pool
Your honeymoon in Costa Rica will be no less than a magical experience if you plan to spend it in Monteverde. The cloud forests here take you to a dreamland, and leaves you two captivated while in love. Relax in the nature’s lap and savour the picturesque view around you.
Famous For: Its biodiverse cloud forests.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Monteverde: El Establo Mountain Hotel
Things To Do In Monteverde:
- Explore the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Go for a treetop walkway tour
- Indulge in activities like zip-lining or horseback riding
5. Santa Teresa
Set on the remote tip of a secluded peninsula, Santa Teresa is one of the best honeymoon places in Costa Rica, which will get your heart pounding. Soak up the beauty of the nature while you romanticize with your significant other on your romantic getaway here under the stars!
Famous For: International restaurants, adventure activities, and offering luxurious experiences.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Santa Teresa: Florblanca Resort
Things To Do In Santa Teresa:
- Take a Tortuga Island Tour
- Go for stand up paddling, fishing, or surfing
- Hike through the Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve
6. Puerto Viejo
If crystal clear water, coconut palms, and a laid-back Caribbean atmosphere tickle your fancy, then amongst all the best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica, this is the place to be! You will find some of the most beautiful beaches like Chiquita, Negra, and Punta Uva here, which would also make for the perfect backdrop for your honeymoon pictures.
Suggested Read: 10 Destinations In U.S.A For That Perfect American Honeymoon!
Famous For: Beaches and its nightlife.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Puerto Viejo: Le Cameleon Boutique Hotel Limon
Things To Do In Puerto Viejo:
- Go for surfing and swimming
- Shop for handmade jewelry
- Enjoy live music at Mango Sunset while you sip your favorite cocktail
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
Siquirres is famous because of the luxury tree house retreat located near it in the province of Limon. There are no best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica but this, if all you want is a blissful romantic stay in the lap of nature, and away from the hustle of the city life.
Famous For: Being in close proximity to the world’s best tree house for honeymoon.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Sequirres: The Pacuare Jungle Lodge
Things To Do In Sequirres:
- Go for white water rafting in the Pacuare River
- Explore the stores and shop at the Gollo Sequirres
- Enjoy the mesmerizing views of the forest from your tree house
Owing to its growing popularity, this small village is now becoming one of the best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica. If you and your partner love spending time on the beach yet away from the crowd, look no further. This place is exactly where you should head to for a romantic experience!
Famous For: Being the less crowded beach vacation spot.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Uvita: Vista Celestial Boutique Hotel
Things To Do In Uvita:
- Whale watching in the Marino Ballena National Park
- Go for a scuba diving day trip to the Cano Island
- Romanticize nearby the Uvita waterfall
Amongst all the best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica, Samara is the perfect place for enjoying a romantic and private holiday if you love the local vibes of a small beach town. It is situated along the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica’s Guanacaste Province, and is one of the top Costa Rica attractions for both the locals and the foreigners.
Famous For: Its small beach town feel.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Samara: Montelaguna Boutique Hotel
Things To Do In Samara:
- Take a boat ride and enjoy a great day spotting dolphins and whales
- Explore the other beaches near the Samara Beach
- Indulge in fun activities like paddle boarding, sport fishing, surfing, yoga, and kayaking
Situated on Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast, Cahuita is another of the best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica which you can consider for your trip. The black sand beaches here are some of the most relaxing ones in Limon, making Cahuita a true paradise for people who prefer a laid-back style of holiday!
Famous For: Its black sand beaches to have a relaxing holiday.
Most Romantic Place To Stay In Cahuita: Coral Hill Bungalows
Things To Do In Cahuita:
- Try the Afro-Caribbean cuisine of Cahuita
- Hike through the Cahuita National Park
- Indulge in snorkeling or canopy zip-lining
So, which of these best honeymoon destinations in Costa Rica have caught your fancy the most? Tell us in the comments below!
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Honeymoon Destinations In Costa Rica
A. December to April happens to be the best time to visit Costa Rica as you can enjoy pleasant sunny beach weather, lush green landscapes, and the lowest airfares.
A. Some of the best honeymoon resorts in Costa Rica are;
1. Tulemar Resort
2. Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica
3. Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica
4. Cala Luna Luxury Boutique Hotel & Villas
A. Some of the fun things to do in Costa Rica for an adventure-filled honeymoon are:
1. Scuba Dive, Snorkel and Whale Watching in and around Drake Bay
2. Surfing and Beach hopping
3. Enjoy the Hot Springs
4. Go Hiking in Corcovado National Park
A. Because Costa Rica is located quite close to the equator, it neither has hot sunners nor cold winters. The average temperature all through the year ranges between 21℃ to 27 ℃. It does, however, have a rainy season from May to November.
A. Since Costa Rica enjoys a warm weather all through the year, it barely sees any snow. The only snow that it sees at higher altitudes are snow pellets or snow grains.
A. Some of the most amazing beaches in Costa Rica which are a must-visit on your honeymoon are:
1. Manuel Antonio Beach, Manuel Antonio National Park.
2. Tamarindo Beach, Guanacaste.
3. Nacascolo Beach, Papagayo Peninsula.
4. Dominical Beach, South Pacific.
A. San José is a haven for all party lovers. With an extensive lineup of Irish pubs, European-style discos, dance clubs with live DJs and chilled-out hookah lounges, you can find a number of places to enjoy nightlife and satiate the party animal in you.
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.