Mumbai is all about people and dreams. Hurrying, chasing, haggling, racing or simply trying to make sense of life’s frenetic pace. After a grueling week at work or even at home, the weary soul starts longing for a spot, albeit small, which could soothe the frazzled nerves and refill its energy bank in a jiffy. And there are some amazing budget as well as luxury resorts near Mumbai.
35 Best Resorts Near Mumbai
So, here we have listed the best resorts near Mumbai to rejuvenate you so that you can take life by the horns once again with gusto.
Best Weekend Resorts Near Mumbai Within 100 Kms
Here is the perfect list of most famous weekend resorts near Mumbai within 100 kms. Take a look!
1. U Tropicana Beach Resort, Alibaug (93 Kms From Mumbai)
Alibaug is a Mumbaikar’s favourite beach destination and U Tropicana is the most sought after resort in this area. Taking a ferry from the Gateway of India is also an option. Beautifully landscaped and soothing to the weary eye, the resort is one of the most popular weekend getaways near Mumbai for family and couples alike.
- The resort provides a 24hr room use facility, letting one make most of one’s stay
- A wonderful poolside bar with music makes for a great evening experience
- The gaming zone is just right for the kids to have loads of fun
- And for those who love reading, there is an excellent library facility available
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
2. Della Resorts And Villas, Lonavala (96 Kms From Mumbai)
Della Villas in Lonavala are amongst the most beautiful resorts near Mumbai for family over the weekends. Della Resorts & Villas is located in Lonavala and spread over 43 acres. The designer resort houses three categories of five star resorts all under one roof. There is the regular resort adventure sports resort and the tents to choose from. Adventure sports, you can’t afford to miss this one.
- India’s best adventure activities available here
- A number of eating options, snacky to sumptuous meals
- All modern amenities from Jacuzzi to spa to rejuvenate you
Suggested Read: New Year Parties In Mumbai For An Enthralling Start Of 2019
3. Dune Barr House – Verandah In The Forest, Matheran (53 Kms From Mumbai)
An creation of Neemrana Hotel, Verandah in the Forest is indeed aptly named. The property was built back in 19th century, by Captain Barr. The famous Charlotte Lake is just some steps away. Everything from the architecture to the tasteful interiors of the rooms reminds us of the vintage era, but the availability of modern amenities will make you feel as though you’re in the best of contemporary times.
- This is one of the best heritage properties in Maharashtra
- The mesh of British and Parsi aspects add on to its appeal
4. Fariyas Resort, Khandala (81 Kms From Mumbai)
With all the modern amenities imaginable, Fariyas Resort calls for a weekend staycation, away from the city. This five-star deluxe resort is tucked away in Frichley Hills, strategically located near many tourist attractions in Lonavala, like Pawna Lake, and also the expressway and the main market. The resort boasts of 163 luxurious accommodation, divided into three categories – Deluxe Room, Premium Room and Suites.
- The resort has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor
- The Wild Water – The Water Park, in-house waterpark, is a great place to have fun
- Fari Magic is a heaven for indoor gaming
- You can rejuvenate your mind, body and soul at the Tattva Spa
Suggested Read: Top 20 Weekend Getaways From Mumbai
5. Radisson Resort And Spa, Alibaug (93 Kms From Mumbai)
If you’re looking for resorts in Alibaug, for that perfect staycation, then Radisson has to be your choice as this is one of top spa resorts near Mumbai for overnight stay. The sprawling outdoor pool and manicured garden will add glory to your beach getaway. And since you’re also seeking peace, the calm interiors will be by your side.
- The full-service in-house spa of the resort is managed by skilled and knowledgeable professionals
- The resort emphasizes on providing a stress-free experience
6. Cloud 9 Hills Resort, Amby Valley Road (97 Kms From Mumbai)
The Cloud 9 Hills Resort, as the name suggests, is perched at an altitude of 1500 ft. above Lonavala. Being a heavenly hideout amidst misty mountains, this is the best resort in the Amby Valley Road. The resort is just 2-3 hours drive away from Mumbai and Pune, but still feels dimensions apart.
- One of the best resorts near Mumbai for one day picnic with rooms
- Peaceful vibe
- Children’s Play Area make it a lovely stay for families
7. Monteria Resort (60 Kms From Mumbai)
People who are planning a vacation in Mumbai, pick this resort to experience a comfortable and relaxing vacation. The Monteria resort is located at a 4-minute stroll from the Nilishad Water Park. This resort boasts clean rooms and alongside many other facilities which ensures that visitors enjoy a laid back holiday. Some of the famous locations like the Gateway of India and Prince of Wales museum are just a short distance from the resort.
- 24-hour front work area
- Garden and a porch
- Kids play area
8. Royal Garden Resort (43 Kms From Mumbai)
For the people who love lush-greenery, Royal Garden Resort is a place which is surrounded by 7 acres of infinite greenery. It is one of the perfect getaways to go and enjoy the wilderness and beautiful surroundings. The main highlight of the place is that it’s not just luxurious but also gives the visitors a chance to loosen up.
- Pharma training programmes
- Air-conditioned conference halls
- Waterpark with around 16 slides, 4 swimming pools
Address: Railway Station, 118, Goyal Shopping Centre, Opposite Borivali, Borivali West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400092
Tariff: INR 800 per night
9. Zara’s Resort (78 Kms From Mumbai)
Zara’s Resort is the perfect escape for the people who are looking for a beautiful sightseeing along with the finest luxury. This resort is the best combination with luxe-beauty and known for its incredible hospitality. There are luxurious rooms along with many other facilities which ensures a comfortable stay away from home.
- Rooms differ from Moghul Vintage, Super Deluxe, Deluxe Rooms and Penthouses
- In-house restaurant serving both Indian and International cuisine
- Large conference rooms
Address: Near D. C. High School, Pune Mumbai Road, Khandala, Maharashtra 410301
Tariff: INR 3,180 per night
10. The Machan Resort (98 Kms From Mumbai)
For a unique experience, head to the Machan Resort which is an eco-resort holding unique tree houses which has a height of 30-45 feet above the forest. Boasting lush-greenery and a load of facilities, this place is occupied by the exotic beauty of the Jambulne. For the people who are looking for something different to add in the list, here is this place which offers a one of a kind experience.
- 3 beautiful and luxurious suites
- Deck made of recycled wood
- Glass encased canopy machans
Address: Private Road, Atvan, Maharashtra 401401
Tariff: INR 14,990 per night
11. Sun Beach Resort, Borivali (60 Kms From Mumbai)
Sitting on the shores of the Arabian Sea, Sun Beach Resort is one of the most popular resorts to simply escape from the monotonous bustling of city life. Tagged as one of the cleanest and safest resorts near Mumbai, Sun Beach Resort is a perfect spot for those who are seeking to enjoy a vacation full of rejuvenation and adventure.
- Offers spaces to swim, read, and relax
- The resort hosts all kinds of day-events for their guests
- The rain dance area is accessible for the guests
Address: Sun Beach Resort, Ponda Wadi, Gorai Beach, Borivali ( West), Mumbai
Tariff:INR 3,999/- Weekend | INR 2,499/- Weekday
12. U Tan Sea Resort, Bhayandar (55 Kms From Mumbai)
Sitting right next to the sea, offering views of the water body that is spread as far as the eye can see, U Tan Sea Resort is a perfect spot to spend a day out with family or partners. Offering a fine juxtaposition of rustic vibes and contemporary architecture, this Sea Resort defines the words rejuvenation and relaxation.
- Offers an outdoor swimming pool to chill and relax
- Provides spaces for recreational activities such as volleyball, badminton, cricket, and more
- Allows travelers to engage in an evening high tea and experience opulence
Address: CHOWK DONGRI VIA UTTAN, Bhayandar West, Near Pali Beach Resort, Mumbai, Maharashtra 401106
Tariff: INR 6,000/- onwards
13. Pinewood Resort, Karjat (66 Kms From Mumbai)
Nestled amidst the lush greenery, Pinewood Resort is a great escape from the city life to get closer to the wonders of mother nature. Nothing less than a feast for the eyes of the spectator, Pinewood Resort is all about embracing the greens and just breathe in the fresh air. For those who are seeking an ideal location to destress, head to Pinewood Resort for sure!
- Offers spaces for picnics and day outing
- Offers three swimming pools to take a dip and beat the heat
- Provides an opportunity to engage in various indoor and outdoor activities such as cricket, volleyball, table tennis, chess, and more
Address: Village Varai, Karjat, Maharashtra 410201
Tariff: INR 4000/- per night
14. La Shimmer Resort, Dhavagi Hills (55 Kms From Mumbai)
Allowing travelers to soak in the alluring beauty of the Dhavagi Hills, La Shimmer Resort is a great location to spend some quality time with family and make some beautiful memories. This resort is easily accessible from the capital of Maharashtra, Mumbai and makes the whole experience memorable for the guests.
- Ideal for family outings, corporate retreats, and friends get togethers
- The in-house restaurant serves scrumptious Indian cuisine
- Offers great spaces to indulge in outdoor games and recreational activities
- Easy accessibility to the resort from the city
Address: Shimmer Bunglow Scheme, Dhavagi Hills, Uttan Bhoot Bunglow, Uttan Bhayandar, West, Thane, Maharashtra 401106
Tariff: INR 3,268/- onwards
15. Silent Hill Resort, Manor (93 Kms From Mumbai)
If one is looking for a space to enjoy their time off and simple get away from the usual hustle and bustle of the world, the vibes of Silent Hill Resort justifies this name like nothing else. Tagged as one of the largest planned resorts in the entire state, the Silent Hill Resort is a most popular resort amidst those travelers who are seeking to enjoy an absolute and wholesome experience.
- Guests can embrace their inner child at the water park
- Offers spaces to indulge in various recreational activities both indoors and outdoors
- Guests are given opportunities to enjoy additional activities such as zip lining, boating, coin games, mini train, night camping, and more
Address: National Highway No 8 Vaitarna River Bridge, Manor, Palghar 401 403 India
Tariff: INR 950/- for day outing
16. Shangrila Resort And Waterpark, Bhiwandi (47 Kms From Mumbai)
Allowing adults to embrace their inner child and little ones to simply enjoy their hearts out on a family outing, Shangrila Resort and Waterpark offers a perfect day outing experience for the families. This retreat is one of the best locations to travel to in order to escape from the busy life schedules and take out that much needed family time.
- Offers gigantic water park to enjoy
- Allows travelers to take in the beautiful views of the surrounding hills
- Ideal for family, friends, and corporates
Address: Mumbai-Nashik Highway, Bhiwandi ByPass End, Gangaram Pada, Vadpe, Bhiwandi, Thane, Maharashtra 421302
Tariff: INR 1100/- for adults | INR 1000/- for kids (includes entry to Water Park and Amusement Park + Meals)
17. Palm Beach Resort, Manori (48 Kms From Mumbai)
Sitting on the famous Manori Beach, Palm Beach Resort is nestled amidst towering palm trees. Offering rooms with windows that provide stunning views of the sea, the Palm Beach Resort reeks of tranquility and ethnicity. This Portugese inspired resort sitting on Manori Beach is a great spot to enjoy a vacation on a hammock with a cocktail.
- Ideal for a beach vacation
- Offers views of the sea that is spread as far as the eye can see
- A great location to embrace peace and calmness
Address:Manori – Gorai Rd, Near, Manori, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400095
Tariff: INR 2,134/- onwards
18. Pali Beach Resort, Bhayander (42 Kms From Mumbai)
Lounging on the shores of the gigantic Arabian Sea, Pali Beach Resort is one of its kind. One of the most beautiful and equally comfortable resorts sitting in Maharashtra, Pali Beach Resort is a gateway to relaxed mind, body, and soul. This Beach Resort is spread across almost 6 acres of land and is one of the greatest resorts near Mumbai.
- Home to an adventure park with some impeccable rides
- One of the most entertaining resorts for families and friends
- Gives an amazing view of the beach and the Arabian Sea
Address: Pali Chowk Road, Uttan, Bhayander West, Thane, Maharashtra 401106
Tariff: INR 900/- for adventure park
19. Mystica Resort, Lonavala (82 Kms From Mumbai)
One of the most colorful and fun-filled resorts sitting in Maharashtra has to be the Mystica Resort, without any shadow of a doubt. Sitting in the beautiful valley between Lonavala and Khandala, Mystica Resort acts as an epitome of a relaxing vacation. From a wide variety of suites and stunning views of the ghats to private lakes and wellness spa, this resort has plenty to offer.
- Offers a wellness spa with an extensive amount of amenities such as ayurveda, Thalassotherapy, reflexology, skin care therapies, yoga, Balneotherapy, aromatherapy, and much more
- In-house restaurants- Oriental, 90 Degrees, Seafood and Grill, and Hill Rock Cafe serves some of the most mouth-watering dishes
- Offers spaces for major events like weddings and private parties
- Offers boating and house boats on private lake
Address: Survey No. 133/134, Near Nagpal Society, Old Khandala Road, Khandala, Lonavla, Maharashtra 410401
Other Weekend Resorts Near Mumbai: Within 200 Kms
Take a look at the most popular weekend resorts near Mumbai within 200 kms. Keep scrolling down!
20. Upper Deck, Lonavala (104 Kms From Mumbai)
Away from the maddening crowd, perched atop Lonavala’s highest point level on Tungarli Hills, Upper Deck is one of the best adventure resorts near Mumbai – a haven for the routine-weary. It has a spectacular view of the Valvan Dam and the hills all around, especially in the monsoons.
- Ideal for corporate events as well as family outings
- Facilities to like swimming pool and spa
- Resort-arranged indoor and outdoor activities catering to young and old
- Sumptuous and delicious food experience in their restaurant overlooking the valley
Suggested Read: 13 Hill Stations Near Mumbai To Soothe Your Senses
21. Prakruti Resort, Kashid (134 Kms From Mumbai)
Prakruti Resort in Kashid should be on your list of one day picnic resorts near Mumbai. This resort is snugly located in the sea-village Kashid near Alibaug. It is easily one of the most popular beach resorts near Mumbai for those who want to enjoy the mountains as well as the sea.
- The beach is just a stone’s throw away, accessible anytime
- Innumerable activities within the resort including mini-golf lawn tennis, water sports, pool and many more.
- It’s a lush 100 acre property, all for you to explore
22. Anandvan Resort, Bhandardara (150 Kms From Mumbai)
Boasting of the highest peak in Maharashtra and one of the largest lakes and oldest dams in the country, Anandvan is the place to stay at this exotic destination. The monsoon months are the best months to travel here.
- An ideal spa resort near Mumbai to try out the traditional Ayurveda treatments
- An eco-sensitive travel destination, blending elegance and luxury with responsible tourism
- Unique recreational activities like boating, fishing, nature treks and camping.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Picnic Spots Near Mumbai For The Summer Of 2019
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
23. Golden Swan Beach Resort, Murud-Janjira (150 Kms From Mumbai)
This beach resort is the only one in Murud with direct beach access. Perfect to relax in a hammock and forget about the hustle bustle of the city life, Golden Swan is a perfect resort getaway near Mumbai for family. You could even visit Shivaji’s Janjira sea fort in the middle of the sea when the tide is low.
- Comfortable cottages with all the necessary amenities
- Apart from the long stretch of the Murud beach there are many indoor activities one could indulge in
- The staff will make you feel at home like no other place
24. The Machan (120 Kms From Mumbai)
For those who prefer verdant surroundings, The Machan is the place to head for. Located in Jambulne, one of 25 biological hotspots of the world, this eco-resort is one of its kind consisting exclusively of tree houses at heights of around 30 to 45 ft. above the forest. A resort with a eco-driven heart, it is the perfect getaway to spend quality time with our loved ones in the purest of surroundings.
- A range of four unique tree houses, each with a different experience to choose from
- Special ground based cabins are available for couples
- Pethora of outdoor activities like trekking, bird spotting, stargazing, cycling, visiting historical sites or “just be-ing”
- A rejuvenating spa facility in a cabin tucked away in the woods to complete the experience.
25. Gold Beach Resort, Daman (176 Kms From Mumbai)
Located right on Devka Beach, is among the best beach resorts near Mumbai as it lets you experience the Arabian Sea to the fullest. It is an ideal place to stay put for both business as well as leisure travelers and is a popular holiday resort near Mumbai amongst families.
- Contemporary well appointed rooms with breathtaking sea view
- Provides you with a complete resort experience with a swimming pool, Gym and play areas for kids
- Enjoy a relaxing evening at the seafront restaurant, Spice Galleon which is a gastronomic delight
26. Beyond By Sula Vineyards, Nashik (180 Kms From Mumbai)
Want to spend some time in a quaint yet modern resort, gazing at the setting sun across acres of vineyards, Beyond is the place to be. A resort with 32 rooms, it is one of an experience resort, a blend of elegance and warmth.
- Enjoy the wine making and tasting experience
- Rooms are wine-themed, provides a swimming facility overlooking the vineyards
- Activities like cycling and indoor games for recreation
- Multi Cuisine Restaurants for all palates
Suggested Read: The Definitive Weekend Getaway Destinations For Mumbaikars
27. Fort Jadhavgadh (186 Kms From Mumbai)
One of the best heritage getaways in Maharashtra Fort Jadhavgadh provides a glimpse into the Shivaji era. This property has retained the royal flavor to provide travelers with a unique majestic experience.
- The resort is equipped with a poolside spa
- There is an in-house museum which houses artifacts of the Maratha period
- Accommodation ranging from the Maharaja suite to Royal tents
- Unique activities like bullock cart rides, treks round the fort, martial art show to delight the traveler
28. Citrus Chambers, Mahabaleshwar (263 Kms From Mumbai)
Casting spell on everyone with its Colonial architecture, Citrus Chambers spans over a lush area of 5 acres. This is among the best cheap resorts near Mumbai for couples, families and friends. The startling blue swimming pool, and rejuvenating spa of the Citrus Chambers make it an ideal getaway for the times you crave the beauty of the nature.
- Citrus Chambers is a pet-friendly stay
- Biso, is a 24-hour coffee shop, and a multi-cuisine restaurant that serves sumptuous Indian and Mediterranean food.
29. Amanzi Resort, Pavana Dam (108 Kms From Mumbai)
This is a boutique adventure resort near Mumbai that not only offers the best of luxury but also of nature and scenery. Overlooking the Pavana Dam, the property delivers a tranquil retreat to those who want to spend some time away from the city hustle and arranges activities like kayaking, trekking, and paragliding among others.
- There are Swiss type chalets for accommodation
- Multi cuisine restaurant
- A vast resort that offers individual chalet villas spread across lush greenery
- Arrangement of adventure nature and adventure activities
30. Atmantan Wellness Retreat, Mulshi (170 Kms From Mumbai)
An award winning resort near Mumbai, the Atmantan Wellness Retreat is all about luxury for mind and soul. From meditation to yoga to amazing spa treatments, this resort is perfect for all those looking for an escape from the daily hustle. Additionally, if you just feel like chilling and do nothing, you can do so at ease.
- Wellness experiences like Physiotherapy, Spa, Meditation, and Yoga
- Lake facing guest rooms
- Special wellness focused Spa cuisine
- Wellness focused packages
31. Mango Beach House, Alibaug (100 Kms From Mumbai)
Located in the middle of coconut plantations, the Mango Farm House is all about being one with nature. Each suite comes with its own verandah and swimming pool and all the food grown here is organic. True to its name, the property is blessed with mango trees and if you ever feel like going for a short walk, the Awas beach is just ten minutes away.
- Open fields facing room with private pools in the middle of a coconut plantation
- Close proximity to the Awas beach
- Organic way of living, luxury, and food
32. Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa, Shillim (110 Kms From Mumbai)
This 320 acre property located in the Western Ghats offers a retreat like none other. This all villa property only serves organic food and has a variety of wellness indulgences related to yoga and meditation. One of the best resorts near Mumbai when it comes to rejuvination, the Hilton Shillim should be your go to place if you want an escape from the city madness.
- Wellness focused activities ranging from birdwatching, stargazing, pilates, to cooking and much more
- Enjoy skin, body, Ayurveda, and salon treatment at the spa
- Wellness indulgences like naturopathy, Ayurveda classes, Tai Chi, and Vedanta
Suggested Read: 10 Water Parks In Mumbai For Beating The Heat With A Splash!
33. The Ark Wellness Retreat, Mulshi (170 Km from Mumbai)
This boutique spa resort near Mumbai is a tranquil retreat in the lap of nature and has a host of wellness and relaxing options for its guests. One can take a stroll though its gardens, enjoy rejuvenating spa therapies, cycle, or simply take a walk beside the lake. Heck, you can even take up a canvas and paint till your heart’s content.
- An excellent property to escape the stresses of city life
- Various activities and experiences like spa, cycling, painting, and much more
34. Le Farm (114 Kms From Mumbai)
Take a romantic break from all the hustle-bustle and enjoy the silence at this luxurious resort in Mumbai. This exotic places is located close to Pune which makes it the perfect retreat for a weekend. This lakeside bungalow is spread across an area of 15 acres and keeps the visitors close to the Vadivale Dam close to Kamshet. With the view of the Scottish Highlands and the verdant slopes, this place is a must visit.
- Well-designed rooms
- Marvelous view of the entire surroundings
35. Wild Camp Resort, Khodala Taluka (134 Kms From Mumbai)
Sitting at the top of grass-clad, lush green hills of Khodala, Wild Camp Resort appeals to all those travelers who are seeking to embrace tranquility spread by mother nature. Acting as a great escape from the city culture, this resort is located in the vicinity of some famous attractions and landmarks including the Vaitarna Lake, the Tringalwadi Fort, and the Igatpuri-Kasara Ghat.
- Ideal for day outing with friends and family
- Provides impeccable services and facilities with that extra touch of luxury
- Allows travelers to be a part of the artificial rain dance or take a dip in the swimming pool
- Offers an extensive number of indoor and outdoor activities
Address: At Kherwadi, Village – Khodala Taluka – Mokhada, Dist – Thane, Maharashtra 401604
Tariff: INR 4,000/- onwards
So, hang up your boots, folks, and relax! These amazing resorts near Mumbai are the best places to relax and unwind. Plan a trip to Mumbai and get ready to have a comfortable stayction!
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Resorts Near Mumbai
A. Della Resorts, Verandah in the Forest, Radisson Resort (Alibaug), Prakruti Resort, Machan, Gold Beach Resort, and Beyond by Sula Vineyards are among top luxurious properties near Mumbai.
A. Sagar Hill Resort, West Hill, and Carnival Resort are some of the best budget resorts near Mumbai, recommended for one-day trip.
A.Palm Beach Resort, Vivanta by Taj-President, Taj Lands End, and The Retreat Hotel and Convention Centre are among the best places for couples in Mumbai to stay in.
Q. Which beach is best for nightlife in Mumbai?
A. Juhu beach is the best for nightlife in Mumbai where people can enjoy the view and also go and have a drink around the clubs. Sitting beside the Juhu beach is also one of the best things to do in Mumbai.
Q. What is famous in Mumbai for shopping?
A. Mumbai is known for having a vast variety of spices, jewellery, Saris & clothing and of course the Retro Bollywood posters.
Q. What all are the places to visit in Mumbai?
A. Some of the famous places to visit in Mumbai are Gateway of India, Elephanta caves, Marine Drive, Haji Ali Dargah.
People Also Read: