Mumbai is all about people and dreams. Hurrying, chasing, haggling, racing or simply trying to make sense of life’s frenetic pace. After a grueling week at work or even at home, the weary soul starts longing for a spot, albeit small, which could soothe the frazzled nerves and refill its energy bank in a jiffy. And there are some amazing budget as well as luxury resorts near Mumbai.
So, here we have listed the best resorts near Mumbai to rejuvenate you so that you can take life by the horns once again with gusto.
Best Weekend Resorts Near Mumbai Within 100 Kms
1. U Tropicana Beach Resort, Alibaug (93 Kms From Mumbai)
Alibaug is a Mumbaikar’s favourite beach destination and U Tropicana is the most sought after resort in this area. Taking a ferry from the Gateway of India is also an option. Beautifully landscaped and soothing to the weary eye, the resort is one of the most popular weekend getaways near Mumbai for family and couples alike.
- The resort provides a 24hr room use facility, letting one make most of one’s stay
- A wonderful poolside bar with music makes for a great evening experience
- The gaming zone is just right for the kids to have loads of fun
- And for those who love reading, there is an excellent library facility available
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
2. Della Resorts and Villas, Lonavala (96 Kms From Mumbai)
Della Villas in Lonavala are amongst the most beautiful resorts near Mumbai for family over the weekends. Della Resorts & Villas is located in Lonavala and spread over 43 acres. The designer resort houses three categories of five star resorts all under one roof. There is the regular resort adventure sports resort and the tents to choose from. Adventure sports, you can’t afford to miss this one.
- India’s best adventure activities available here
- A number of eating options, snacky to sumptuous meals
- All modern amenities from Jacuzzi to spa to rejuvenate you
Suggested Read: New Year Parties In Mumbai For An Enthralling Start Of 2019
3. Dune Barr House – Verandah In The Forest, Matheran (53 Kms From Mumbai)
Suggested Read: Top 20 Weekend Getaways From Mumbai
An creation of Neemrana Hotel, Verandah in the Forest is indeed aptly named. The property was built back in 19th century, by Captain Barr. The famous Charlotte Lake is just some steps away. Everything from the architecture to the tasteful interiors of the rooms reminds us of the vintage era, but the availability of modern amenities will make you feel as though you’re in the best of contemporary times.
- This is one of the best heritage properties in Maharashtra
- The mesh of British and Parsi aspects add on to its appeal
4. Fariyas Resort, Khandala (81 Kms From Mumbai)
With all the modern amenities imaginable, Fariyas Resort calls for a weekend staycation, away from the city. This five-star deluxe resort is tucked away in Frichley Hills, strategically located near many tourist attractions in Lonavala, like Pawna Lake, and also the expressway and the main market. The resort boasts of 163 luxurious accommodation, divided into three categories – Deluxe Room, Premium Room and Suites.
- The resort has been awarded the Certificate of Excellence by TripAdvisor
- The Wild Water – The Water Park, in-house waterpark, is a great place to have fun
- Fari Magic is a heaven for indoor gaming
- You can rejuvenate your mind, body and soul at the Tattva Spa
5. Radisson Resort and Spa, Alibaug (93 Kms From Mumbai)
If you’re looking for resorts in Alibaug, for that perfect staycation, then Radisson has to be your choice as this is one of top spa resorts near Mumbai for overnight stay. The sprawling outdoor pool and manicured garden will add glory to your beach getaway. And since you’re also seeking peace, the calm interiors will be by your side.
- The full-service in-house spa of the resort is managed by skilled and knowledgeable professionals
- The resort emphasizes on providing a stress-free experience
6. Cloud 9 Hills Resort, Amby Valley Road (97 Kms From Mumbai)
The Cloud 9 Hills Resort, as the name suggests, is perched at an altitude of 1500 ft. above Lonavala. Being a heavenly hideout amidst misty mountains, this is the best resort in the Amby Valley Road. The resort is just 2-3 hours drive away from Mumbai and Pune, but still feels dimensions apart.
- One of the best resorts near Mumbai for one day picnic with rooms
- Peaceful vibe
- Children’s Play Area make it a lovely stay for families
Other Weekend Resorts Near Mumbai: Within 200 Kms
7. Upper Deck, Lonavala (104 Kms From Mumbai)
Away from the maddening crowd, perched atop Lonavala’s highest point level on Tungarli Hills, Upper Deck is one of the best adventure resorts near Mumbai – a haven for the routine-weary. It has a spectacular view of the Valvan Dam and the hills all around, especially in the monsoons.
- Ideal for corporate events as well as family outings
- Facilities to like swimming pool and spa
- Resort-arranged indoor and outdoor activities catering to young and old
- Sumptuous and delicious food experience in their restaurant overlooking the valley
8. Prakruti Resort, Kashid (134 Kms From Mumbai)
Prakruti Resort in Kashid should be on your list of one day picnic resorts near Mumbai. This resort is snugly located in the sea-village Kashid near Alibaug. It is easily one of the most popular beach resorts near Mumbai for those who want to enjoy the mountains as well as the sea.
- The beach is just a stone’s throw away, accessible anytime
- Innumerable activities within the resort including mini-golf lawn tennis, water sports, pool and many more.
- It’s a lush 100 acre property, all for you to explore
9. Anandvan Resort, Bhandardara (150 Kms From Mumbai)
Boasting of the highest peak in Maharashtra and one of the largest lakes and oldest dams in the country, Anandvan is the place to stay at this exotic destination. The monsoon months are the best months to travel here.
- An ideal spa resort near Mumbai to try out the traditional Ayurveda treatments
- An eco-sensitive travel destination, blending elegance and luxury with responsible tourism
- Unique recreational activities like boating, fishing, nature treks and camping.
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
10. Golden Swan Beach Resort, Murud-Janjira (150 Kms From Mumbai)
This beach resort is the only one in Murud with direct beach access. Perfect to relax in a hammock and forget about the hustle bustle of the city life, Golden Swan is a perfect resort getaway near Mumbai for family. You could even visit Shivaji’s Janjira sea fort in the middle of the sea when the tide is low.
- Comfortable cottages with all the necessary amenities
- Apart from the long stretch of the Murud beach there are many indoor activities one could indulge in
- The staff will make you feel at home like no other place
11. The Machan (120 Kms From Mumbai)
For those who prefer verdant surroundings, The Machan is the place to head for. Located in Jambulne, one of 25 biological hotspots of the world, this eco-resort is one of its kind consisting exclusively of tree houses at heights of around 30 to 45 ft. above the forest. A resort with a eco-driven heart, it is the perfect getaway to spend quality time with our loved ones in the purest of surroundings.
- A range of four unique tree houses, each with a different experience to choose from
- Special ground based cabins are available for couples
- Pethora of outdoor activities like trekking, bird spotting, stargazing, cycling, visiting historical sites or “just be-ing”
- A rejuvenating spa facility in a cabin tucked away in the woods to complete the experience.
12. Gold Beach Resort, Daman (176 Kms From Mumbai)
Located right on Devka Beach, is among the best beach resorts near Mumbai as it lets you experience the Arabian Sea to the fullest. It is an ideal place to stay put for both business as well as leisure travelers and is a popular holiday resort near Mumbai amongst families.
- Contemporary well appointed rooms with breathtaking sea view
- Provides you with a complete resort experience with a swimming pool, Gym and play areas for kids
- Enjoy a relaxing evening at the seafront restaurant, Spice Galleon which is a gastronomic delight
13. Beyond by Sula Vineyards, Nashik (180 Kms From Mumbai)
Want to spend some time in a quaint yet modern resort, gazing at the setting sun across acres of vineyards, Beyond is the place to be. A resort with 32 rooms, it is one of an experience resort, a blend of elegance and warmth.
- Enjoy the wine making and tasting experience
- Rooms are wine-themed, provides a swimming facility overlooking the vineyards
- Activities like cycling and indoor games for recreation
- Multi Cuisine Restaurants for all palates
14. Fort Jadhavgadh (186 Kms From Mumbai)
One of the best heritage getaways in Maharashtra Fort Jadhavgadh provides a glimpse into the Shivaji era. This property has retained the royal flavor to provide travelers with a unique majestic experience.
- The resort is equipped with a poolside spa
- There is an in-house museum which houses artifacts of the Maratha period
- Accommodation ranging from the Maharaja suite to Royal tents
- Unique activities like bullock cart rides, treks round the fort, martial art show to delight the traveler
15. Citrus Chambers, Mahabaleshwar (263 Kms From Mumbai)
Casting spell on everyone with its Colonial architecture, Citrus Chambers spans over a lush area of 5 acres. This is among the best cheap resorts near Mumbai for couples, families and friends. The startling blue swimming pool, and rejuvenating spa of the Citrus Chambers make it an ideal getaway for the times you crave the beauty of the nature.
- Citrus Chambers is a pet-friendly stay
- Biso, is a 24-hour coffee shop, and a multi-cuisine restaurant that serves sumptuous Indian and Mediterranean food.
16. Amanzi Resort, Pavana Dam (108 Kms From Mumbai)
This is a boutique adventure resort near Mumbai that not only offers the best of luxury but also of nature and scenery. Overlooking the Pavana Dam, the property delivers a tranquil retreat to those who want to spend some time away from the city hustle and arranges activities like kayaking, trekking, and paragliding among others.
- There are Swiss type chalets for accommodation
- Multi cuisine restaurant
- A vast resort that offers individual chalet villas spread across lush greenery
- Arrangement of adventure nature and adventure activities
17. Atmantan Wellness Retreat, Mulshi (170 Kms From Mumbai)
An award winning resort near Mumbai, the Atmantan Wellness Retreat is all about luxury for mind and soul. From meditation to yoga to amazing spa treatments, this resort is perfect for all those looking for an escape from the daily hustle. Additionally, if you just feel like chilling and do nothing, you can do so at ease.
- Wellness experiences like Physiotherapy, Spa, Meditation, and Yoga
- Lake facing guest rooms
- Special wellness focused Spa cuisine
- Wellness focused packages
18. Mango Beach House, Alibaug (100 Kms From Mumbai)
Located in the middle of coconut plantations, the Mango Farm House is all about being one with nature. Each suite comes with its own verandah and swimming pool and all the food grown here is organic. True to its name, the property is blessed with mango trees and if you ever feel like going for a short walk, the Awas beach is just ten minutes away.
- Open fields facing room with private pools in the middle of a coconut plantation
- Close proximity to the Awas beach
- Organic way of living, luxury, and food
19. Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa, Shillim (110 Kms From Mumbai)
Suggested Read: 10 Water Parks In Mumbai For Beating The Heat With A Splash!
This 320 acre property located in the Western Ghats offers a retreat like none other. This all villa property only serves organic food and has a variety of wellness indulgences related to yoga and meditation. One of the best resorts near Mumbai when it comes to rejuvination, the Hilton Shillim should be your go to place if you want an escape from the city madness.
- Wellness focused activities ranging from birdwatching, stargazing, pilates, to cooking and much more
- Enjoy skin, body, Ayurveda, and salon treatment at the spa
- Wellness indulgences like naturopathy, Ayurveda classes, Tai Chi, and Vedanta
20. The Ark Wellness Retreat, Mulshi (170 Km from Mumbai)
This boutique spa resort near Mumbai is a tranquil retreat in the lap of nature and has a host of wellness and relaxing options for its guests. One can take a stroll though its gardens, enjoy rejuvenating spa therapies, cycle, or simply take a walk beside the lake. Heck, you can even take up a canvas and paint till your heart’s content.
- An excellent property to escape the stresses of city life
- Various activities and experiences like spa, cycling, painting, and much more
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Resorts Near Mumbai
Q: Which are the most luxurious resorts near Mumbai?
A: Della Resorts, Verandah in the Forest, Radisson Resort (Alibaug), Prakruti Resort, Machan, Gold Beach Resort, and Beyond by Sula Vineyards are among top luxurious properties near Mumbai.
Q: Which are the best and affordable resorts near Mumbai for a one day trip?
A: Sagar Hill Resort, West Hill, and Carnival Resort are some of the best budget resorts near Mumbai, recommended for one-day trip.
Q: Suggest some stay properties in Mumbai for couples
A: Palm Beach Resort, Vivanta by Taj-President, Taj Lands End, and The Retreat Hotel and Convention Centre are among the best places for couples in Mumbai to stay in.
So, hang up your boots, folks, and relax – these amazing resorts near Mumbai are the best places to relax and unwind.
Suggested Read: Mumbai Maiden: The Much-Awaited Cruise On City’s Shore Is Here
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.