You can’t deny the fact that one of the major reasons why millions of travelers backpack to Cambodia is to witness the gorgeous temples built during the Khmer Era. The country’s most popular tourist attraction is unarguably Angkor Wat, the largest religious monument in the world. Cambodia’s enchanting landscapes and rich history and culture keep visitors coming back for more. Here’s everything you need to know about applying for a Cambodia visa for Indians this year. Go ahead and make your backpacking dreams come true!
Cambodia Visa For Indians On Arrival
Obtaining a Cambodia visa for Visa on Arrival for Indians for a maximum stay of 30 days is the most convenient, cheapest and time-saving alternative. This procedure is organized, hassle-free and can take between 10 minutes to an hour depending on the tourist traffic. The Cambodia visa fees for Indian citizens at land or air crossings is INR 2781/-. You also have to shell out an extra sum of INR 4797/- as a service fee.
Where To Get It
We suggest you to decline the numerous offers by travel agents to handle your visa application in India since most of these services are scams. Just so you know, you can be fined, detained and deported if you overstay your visa. There is a fine of INR 695/- per day for overstaying the validity term of your visa.
Here’s a complete list of international airports in Cambodia where a Cambodia visa on arrival for Indian citizens can be obtained at any time of the day:
- Phnom Penh International Airport
- Siem Reap International Airport
- Sihanoukville International Airport
Here’s a list of land ports in Cambodia where a Cambodia visa for Indians on arrival can be obtained:
- Poi Pet (Banteay Meanchey)
- Cham Yeam (Kom Kong)
- Bavet (Svay Rieng)
- Tropaeng Kreal Border Post (Stung Treng)
The documents required for applying for a visa vary according to the type of visa. Upon landing in Cambodia, head to the customs desk and present the following documents:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity. There should also be at least 2 unused pages in it for exit and entry stamps.
- Xerox copy of the passport’s first and last page.
- Three recent headshot photographs of the size 4X6 centimeters. If you wear specs, you’re advised to use transparent lenses since photographs of people wearing colored lenses are mostly rejected.
- Proof of funds amounting to living expenses in Cambodia.
Suggested Read: 10 Spots Famous For Scuba Diving In Cambodia
Cambodia Visa For Indians In Advance
If you’re an NRI, we suggest you apply for a visa at the nearest consulate in your home country or country of residence prior to your arrival if you plan to stay for more than 30 days in Cambodia. You can apply either in person or via email. The fee for Cambodia visa for Indians in advance is INR 2433/-. Visas are typically processed within 5 business days. But the processing time varies from consulate to consulate. You’ll ideally be granted up to a 60-day stay.
Where To Get It
Having a Cambodia visa for Indian passport holders means that they can bypass some of the queues at the border. We suggest you factor in how many days you’ll be staying in Cambodia to avoid getting penalized for unintended overstay. You can contact the Cambodia Embassy in India for getting a visitor visa in advance.
To contact the Cambodia Embassy in India:
Address: W-112 Greater Kailash, Part- II, New Delhi – 110048
Visa Submission Time: 9 AM – 12:30 PM
Visa Collection Time: 4 PM – 5 PM
When applying for a Cambodia visa for Indian citizens in advance, you will have to submit some required documents as part of the application process, Please note that all of the required documentation listed below in the checklist is mandatory for all applicants:
- A passport with 6 months validity from the time of departure, along with a minimum of 2 unused pages in it for entry and exit stamps.
- A filled visa application form.
- Three recent passport size photos. The photo should strictly be of the size of 4X6 centimeters and ideally, have at least 80% of the area covered with the face.
- For a business visit, a cover letter on the letterhead of your company stating the purpose and the length of the visit.
- Personal bank statement of last three months duly stamped by the bank.
- Proof of accommodation in Cambodia along with arrival and return air ticket.
With Cambodia offering a visa on arrival to Indian passport holders, traveling abroad is no longer a daunting experience. So pack your bags and head to an amazing trip to Cambodia with TravelTriangle to avail exciting deals and discounts. Like any other country, Cambodia does not allow travelers to import any weapons or explosives. It is also illegal to take ancient stone sculptures from the Angkor period out of the country.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cambodia Visa For Indians
A. A passport with a validity of minimum six months, the photocopy of the first and last page of the passport, three passport size photographs of yours without glasses, bank statements depicting the required funds to sustain for a trip would be required to apply for a Cambodian Visa
A. Yes. You can apply for an advance visa to Cambodia from India.
A. You will have to apply for an advance visa to Cambodia if you are going to stay there for more than one month. After using, you would get the permit in five business days. You will have to visit the Cambodian embassy to get the advance visa.
A. The Embassy of Cambodia is located in Greater Kailash of New Delhi in India.
A. You can get an on-arrival visa in Cambodia if you are an India though you will have to pay a visa fee of INR 2781 and a service fee of INR 4797.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read