Adorned by the shimmering crystal clear waters and enclosed by the lush-green jungles, Andaman is a land of hidden treasure. With enormous diving options and lazing down at the white sandy beaches, there is a vast option for the water babies to enjoy and explore around. But apart from the already well-known islands, there is one hidden paradise named the Cinque island which is yet to come into limelight for most of the people. Segregated into North Cinque and South Cinque islands, this island is an untouched beauty of Andaman which every nature lover must explore at least once. Here is a detailed guide to know more about the Cinque island and escape to the beautiful land of white sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
About Cinque Island
Resting at a distance of 26 kms from the Port Blair city, this part of the archipelago remains untouched and inhabited. Located between the Passage and Duncan island towards the north side, this island is further divided into North and South Cinque islands. These islands also share boundaries with Wandoor Marine National Park, visiting this place is itself a calming experience. This island is not just a home to the beautiful surroundings, but also some of the rich and exotic marine life which includes coral reefs, fishes and turtles and starfishes. And for the adventure junkies, the depths of water is waiting to be explored by scuba diving which is guided and instructed by the PADI divers. There are other activities to experience like sea walking and snorkelling. There are so many things to do here in this isolated haven, that you will be surprised and not help but fall in love.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
Best Time To Visit
Andaman has a tropical climate which makes it one of those destinations which can be visited at any time of the year. This also means that you can travel to Cinque island throughout the year. But still, if you want to doze off under the sun and enjoy the sunny weather, the summer months are good to plan a trip. Or otherwise, during the winter months, the weather becomes very pleasant and perfect to take a relax under the sun or take a dive in the water. The months between June to November is not really preferred as you will not be able to indulge in any water sport activities. But for the budget travelers, it is the best time as the hotels and resorts give the maximum discounts.
Things To Know About Cinque Island
- The mobile connectivity can bother you while you’re traveling to this island. The Reliance and Jio networks cannot reach here and the only network which works at this island is the Vodafone as compared to other networks. However, there is no guarantee that these networks will work perfectly at Cinque Island.
- Despite being inhabited, quick medical facilities are available at the island. Though the tour operators carry a first aid kit in case of emergencies, and apart from that, the island is close to the Gandhi Marine National Park which makes it easily accessible to the medical aid. And in case of special medications, it is particularly recommended to carry your own medicines to avoid any mishap.
- As the island is uninhabited, it is suggested to visit the place only during the day and very specific timings. Ferries are available at regular intervals to travel from Chidiya Tapu which is a journey of two and a half hours one way. It is better to leave for the island in the early morning and spend the whole day indulging into some fascinating activities and return in the evening.
- Make sure to carry some food items with yourself, as the island is inhabited and there are no restaurants on the islands.
- For the adventure junkies, there are many activities to do like snorkelling and scuba diving along with exploring the untouched beauty of marine life.
Suggested Read: Goa Or Andaman For Honeymoon: Where Would You Like To Go?
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
How To Reach
Located at the distance of 25 kilometres from the Port Blair, Cinque island is resting within the vicinity of the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park. There are many easy to reach options from Port Blair to the island.
By Air: The nearest airport from the Port Blair is the Veer Savarkar International Airport which is also called the “Port Blair International Airport”. Connected to all the major towns and cities, one can reach Port Blair in less than 4 hours.
By Boat: Upon your arrival at the Port Blair, you will require to take a boat or a chartered ferry which transfers to the Cinque Island. These ferries run at the same route for multiple times in a day.
Are you ready to escape to this hidden paradise and get set in a mood to holiday at the beaches? If yes, then do keep this handy and quick guide and explore the Cinque Islands while you’re on your trip to Andaman.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cinque Islands
A. Taking a ferry is the best and cheapest way to reach Cinque island. One can take the ferry from Chidiya Tapu point and enjoy the ride. These ferries run at frequent intervals to and fro from the island.
A. Cinque Island is an uninhabited place which is located inside the premises of the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park, thus there are no resorts and hotels on the island. The visitors are only allowed for day trips.
A. The Cinque Island is ofcourse a tropical region so make sure to save your skin from tanning by keeping a sunscreen, swimsuit, extra set of clothes along with basic medications.
A. The cost of the ferry may differ according to the season, and if you’re traveling through a travel agent they usually include the cost.
A.Krem Liat Prah
People Also Read