A connoisseur’s heaven, shopaholic’s dream, family’s glee and child’s fancy – that’s the perfect definition for the famous Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18. Over a month long extravaganza, the shopping festival in Dubai is a diverse bouquet of activities and festivities. It gives the desert country a whole new set of cheerful and vibrant vibes.
Dubai Shopping Festival is the largest shopping festival clubbed with an entertainment extravaganza in the Middle East. Here, each and everything on your mind is available at heavily discounted prices. Shopping places in Dubai are not just restricted to malls; they include local hideouts and flea markets too. Sometimes, the discount goes up to a whopping 75 per cent.
Dubai Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Travel Dubai in Luxury. Visit grand Burj Khalifa or the breathtaking Palm Islands. Enjoy Dhow Cruise, International Buffet Dinner, Dubai City Tour, Desert Safari, Ferrari World and Abu Dhabi City Tour. Book your Dubai holiday package on TravelTriangle.
When: The dates for Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18 are 26th December 2017 to 28th January 2018
Location: Where exactly does the extravaganza take place in Dubai
This is a city-wide festival, which means the festival can be enjoyed in multiple locations.
Global Village, Al Rigga Street, Dubai Mall, Night Souk, Al Fahidi For, Gold Souk,The Layali Dubai Concert, Promenade at Dubai Festival City, DSF Desert Camp, Asianet Film Awards, Al Seef Street, Mall of the Emirates, Deira City Centre, Ibn Battuta Mall, Festival Waterfront Centre, Lamcy Plaza, Dragon Mart, Mercato Shopping Mall, and Lulu Village are just some of the places where you can make the most of the festival.
What to buy in Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18
1. Apparels – If designer clothes are on your mind, you’ll be spoilt for choice here and Dubai’s shopping festival offers will leave you amazed. Right from your favorite brands of jeans to sexy party wear – Jack & Jones, BOGGI, Christian Louboutin, Verri, Rodeo Drive, Armani, Billionaire, Bebe, Burberry, Prada – the fest has everything you ever wanted in your wardrobe!(almost)
2. Gold Jewelry – Intricate designs, purity and cheap prices are some of the reasons why Dubai Shopping Fest is a good opportunity to buy yourself some gold jewellery. From contemporary designs to modern art, the jewelry here is sure to meet all your needs.
3. Perfumes and Cosmetics – You get Bvlgari, De Beers, Chanel, Burberry, and the likes – and it’s all duty free.
4. Watches – We all know diamond-studded watches are distant dreams, but at Dubai Shopping Fest you can pick one from your favorite collection for sure. Cartier, Rado, ICW, Michael Kors, Burberry – buy them all at measly prices after heavy discounts.
5. Leather Bags and Jackets – The country is famous for its best quality leather. Stock up on some innovative and classy leather goods like one or two of Sharief, Jashanmal, Condotti, Burberry, or Prada.
6. Home Decor – Head straight to Carpet Oasis where tons of colorful carpets cover all the possible floor space around. Some of them are available at 50 to 75 per cent discount!
7. Gadgets – Just the fact that Dubai is a land free of taxes is enough to attract gadget freaks to the country. Apple, Sony, Bose, Vertu, Cross Gold, Acer, Fujitsu – best brands and latest products are available at dirt cheap prices.
8. Exotic Spices & Dry Fruits – Pick exotic dry fruits and aromatic spices like saffron or black cardamom which cost a leg and an arm here. The discounts won’t be much but the taste makes them worth it.
Suggested Read: 14 Reasons Why Dubai Will Ruin Indians For Life
Tips for shopping smart at Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18
1. Download the new #MyDSF 2017-18 Offers app to stay updated on latest offers and deals for Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18.
2. Shop early, while others are still in bed. After all, you don’t want to miss the steal deal on your perfectly sized Jimmy Choo!
3. Wear multiple layers of clothes so that you can try on clothes over you skive or t-shirt. It is a smart way to avoid the never-ending queue for changing rooms.
4. Know beforehand what will be found where. Research well before you roll.
5. Exploit the sale. Don’t curb the urge to splurge. Look for good picks besides what you need immediately.
Dubai visa services
Off late, Dubai tourism has introduced visa on arrival for Indians. The visa will be valid for 14 days and costs INR 1,750/- (100 Dirham). This visa can also be extended. You can get to know more about Dubai visa for Indians in this blog!
Beyond Shopping: Things to do at Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18
If you are planning to go to this grand Dubai fest, there is a lot more to do than just shopping. The fest sizzles with jaw-dropping celebrity performances, live music, scrumptious Dubai food tastings, entertaining street-performances, juggler acts, magic shows and more. There are colorful flash mobs and hearty Raffle draws as well.
If you are traveling with kids, there are various fun activities to keep them occupied. They also get to meet their favorite cartoon characters such as Pokemon, Casper and Tarzan. Fashionistas can explore the latest trends at Dubai Fashion Week and see the stunning transformation of Dubai Mall’s famous skating rink into ‘fashion on ice’ runway.
Another highlight of the Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18 is the colorful and eye catching fireworks. The annual ritual is a mesmerizing experience irrespective of one’s age or gender. If you love adventure, opt for a desert safari and go dune bashing as well.
Must Read: 11 Absolutely Free Things To Do In Dubai
So, all set to splurge at The Dubai Shopping Festival 2017-18? But before you get going, here are some frequently-asked questions, answered for the better vision of this event
How to book Dubai Shopping Festival tour for 2018 in advance?
You don’t need to book or get any pass for Dubai Shopping Festival. However, booking a package, or flights and accommodation well in advance is highly recommended, since the fares soar high on the onset of the festival.
What are the best things to buy in Dubai Shopping Festival?
Jewelry, perfumes, watches, handbags, dry fruits, and electronics are among the best things to buy during the Dubai Shopping Festival, as you get the best of the products at jaw-droppingly low prices in most cases.
What is your review of Dubai Shopping Festival?
Reviewing Dubai Shopping Festival can differ from person to person. A shopaholic will surely love the variety and low prices. Also, someone wanting to look at Dubai in all its glory, this is just the ideal time to visit. But, if you’re someone looking for a peaceful shopping experience, it can be a little crowded as people from across the world come over to Dubai to shop.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.