The marriage season is on! Lovey-dovies have waited for this time for months, maybe years, but now, post marriage, they have their tasks cut out. Among others, the onus is on making honeymoon a gala affair and to make things more absorbing there are a few lovely honeymoon places in India in May that perfectly complement all the beautiful couple out there. These places are more than perfect where you would be spending some of the most memorable moments of your lives!
Plan a honeymoon trip this summer to the places known and places that you haven’t even heard of. Make it a trip that you’d cherish lifelong!
Here is a quick overview of best places for honeymoon in India in May!
- Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
- Almora, Uttarakhand
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
- Kalimpong, West Bengal
- Panchgani, Maharashtra
- Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
- Matheran, Maharashtra
- Horsley Hills, Andhra Pradesh
- Yercaud, Tamil Nadu
- Munnar, Kerala
- Andaman & Nicobar
Best hill stations for a honeymoon in India in May
1. Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir – Hold her hand & pass those high mountain passes
Of all the enchanting places Ladakh – the land of high mountain passes, rugged terrain, and jagged mountains makes one of the best honeymoon places in India in May. The time when the rest of India usually feels the heat, it’s Ladakh chilling out in the north. A thrilling honeymoon experience awaits as you in this part of heaven on earth. All the surreal escapes, monasteries nestled in highlands, and tempting environs make you drool over it again and again.
How to reach Ladakh: Leh Airport has flight connectivity with all the major airports in India. Jammu Tawi Railway Station at 700 km from Leh is the nearest railhead. However, a road trip is the most enthralling and highly recommended.
Romantic things to do in Ladakh:
- Trip to Pangong Tso Lake
- A camel ride in Nubra Valley
- A ride through Khardung La – the highest motorable road in the world
- A tour of pre-historic monasteries and indulging in religious practices
Best places to stay in Ladakh for honeymoon: Ladakh Himalayan Retreat, Ladakh Sarai, Hotel Glacier View, and Hotel Ladakh Palace
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
2. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh – When one queen meets the other!
The beautiful city of Shimla is located in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas. The capital of Himachal elegantly dons the crown of the best place for honeymoon in India in May. Cozy weather, imperial buildings, and awesome spectacle of nature have romance embedded in every nook and corner.
A tender walk through the dreamy bylanes of this city, also known as the Queen of Hills sounds perfect for a lovely evening. Top it with a lovely dinner at any of the romantic resorts in Shimla.
How to reach Shimla: Shimla Airport is located 23 km away from the main town, which is well-connected with major airports in India. Kalka, 96 km from Shimla is the nearest railway head that connects Shimla to the nearby states.
Romantic things to do in Shimla:
- Skiing & ice skating at Kufri
- Joyride on a toy train
- Savoring the moments at Chadwick Waterfalls
- Going for a relaxing retreat at Shaily Peak
Best honeymoon resorts in Shimla: The Oberoi Cecil, Shilon Resort, East Bourne Resort & Spa, and Radisson Hotel Shimla
* Shimla Summer Festival celebrated every year in May is a must attend. The festival is a great congregation of colors and traditions!
3. Almora, Uttarakhand – No, you can’t get enough of nature!
Another of the best honeymoon destinations in India in May, Almora is studded with mountain beauty and exceptional nature around. Bustling with life and the incredible views of magnificent nature around, it makes for one of the best honeymoon places in India in May frequented by the lovebirds.
Almora is known for ancient temples, picturesque environs that depict a painting on the canvas, and myriad of options for lovely couples who go there exploring the vividness of love.
How to reach Almora: Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airstrip located a distance of 12 km from Almora town. Kathgodam at a distance of 90 km from Almora is the nearest railhead.
Romantic things to do in Almora:
- Beholding the gorgeous view of Nanda Devi and Trishul peak atop Zero Point
- A romantic nature walk in the Deer Park
- A nature walk and spending time amidst flora and fauna at Mohan Joshi Park
- Watching the picturesque sunrise and sunset form Bright End Corner
Where to stay in Almora: Imperial Heights, Shikhar Hotel, Kalmatia Sangam Himalaya Resort, and Khazanchand Mansion
Suggested Read: 22 Best Honeymoon Places In India For The Summer Of 2018
4. Mussoorie, Uttarakhand – Mist & some magic, that’s all it takes
Mussoorie has all the traits that make it a hot favorite among the best honeymoon places in India in May. The reason is pretty specific, Mussoorie inherits the rustic charm of a quintessential hill station. Mountains dotted with trees that are adorned in dripping mist define Mussoorie at its best. No wonder why couples can’t get better of this place!
How to reach Mussoorie: Jolly Grant Airport, 54 km from the main town is the nearest airport. Dehradun Railway Station, 33 km from Mussoorie is the nearest railway head. Local transport and buses are easily available to reach Mussoorie from Dehradun Airport.
Romantic things to do in Mussoorie:
- A trip to Kempty Falls
- Going for a nature walk till Lal Tibba
- Breathtaking view of Mussoorie Lake at night
- Spending moments of bliss amidst Tibetan settlement in Happy Valley
Best honeymoon resorts in Mussoorie: Fortune The Savoy, Royal Orchid Mussoorie, JW Marriott Mussoorie Walnut Grove Resort & Spa, and Rokeby Manor
Suggested Read: 15 Resorts In Mussoorie For A Laid Back Retreat
5. Kalimpong, West Bengal – The best of North-east
From a secluded town in the hills of the Northeast to a mainstream tourist attraction, Kalimpong has seen a phenomenal rise in being one of the best honeymoon destinations in India in May. It has become the heart and soul of most of the newlyweds in India and neighboring countries with all the surreal escapades and tranquilizing environs that it has to offer.
Also, Kalimpong has plenty of romantic places and tourist places that are tailor-made for honeymooners.
How to reach Kalimpong: 80 km from Kalimpong, Bagdogra Airport is the nearest airstrip. New Jalpaiguri Railway Station is located 25 km from Kalimpong and is the nearest railhead.
Romantic things to do in Kalimpong:
- A trip to Deolo Hill
- An excursion of Pine View Nursery
- Seeking divine blessings at Thongsa Gompa
- Spending lovely moments with nature at Nurseryman’s Haven
Best hotels to stay in Kalimpong for couples: The Elgin Silver Oaks, Summit Barsana Resort & Spa, Sinclair, and Holumba Haven
Suggested Read: 15 Offbeat Honeymoon Destinations In India
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
Best places in the Western Ghats for a May honeymoon
6. Panchgani, Maharashtra – Of colonial charm & breathtaking nature
Located in the vicinity of Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani is a rather quiet hill-station considered as one of the best places to visit in India in May for a honeymoon. Far away from the bustle of city life, Panchgani sits pretty in the lap of Sahyadri Mountain Ranges. It is a true charmer and makes for the prime allure for a honeymooner.
The grand spectacle set up by Krishna river flowing by the mountains into the whispering valley is good enough to conjure up love vibes in the air.
How to reach Panchgani: Lohegaon Airport is the nearest airstrip to Panchgani and Pune Railway Station, at 100 km is the nearest railhead. Take a private vehicle or a transport bus from the airport/railway station to reach the hill station.
Romantic things to do in Panchgani:
- A tour of the picturesque strawberry farm
- Enjoying nature’s escapade from Sydney point
- A trip to the Parsi point
- Taking a tour of Mapro Garden
Where to stay in Panchgani on your honeymoon: Ravine Hotel, IL Palazzo Hotel, White House, and Prospect Hotel
7. Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra – Love is in the air
Located in the heart of the Western Ghats, close to Pune is Mahabaleshwar, another of the best honeymoon places in India in summer season. The geographical topology of the place and equable climatic conditions throughout the year make it a popular honeymoon destination in South India.
The city of strawberries with its vast landscapes and a touch of nature’s divine charm looks tempting enough for an enthralling honeymoon experience.
How to reach Mahabaleshwar: Pune Airport is the nearest airport at 120 km from Mahabaleshwar. At 60 km Wathar is the nearest railhead to Mahabaleshwar. Going by road, it is well connected to Pune, Nashik, and Mumbai by NH 4 and Mumbai-Pune Expressway.
Romantic things to do in Mahabaleshwar:
- A tour of Lingamala Falls
- Reviving love at Elephant’s Head Point
- Catching the exciting view from Bombay Point & Wilson Point
- Rowing across the beautiful Venna Lake
Best honeymoon stays in Mahabaleshwar: Citrus Chambers Mahabaleshwar, Bella Vista Resort, Brightland Resort & Spa, and Evershine
8. Matheran, Maharashtra – Another romantic delight in the south
Given the exciting climate, never-ending vistas, and plenty of romantic hideouts, Maharashtra features the best honeymoon places in India in summer. Matheran being another of the favorite romantic escape continues to charm the lovely honeymoon couples. When you are around, just feel the magic and get carried away!
How to reach Matheran: At a distance of 100 km Mumbai is the nearest airport. Neral Railway Station is the nearest railhead to Matheran which is 90 km from Mumbai and 120 from Pune. Matheran is a 2-hour ride from Neral.
Romantic things to do in Matheran:
- Taking a joy ride in one of the toy trains
- Mesmerising tour of the beautiful Louisa Point
- A memorable excursion of Mount Berry
- Taking a romantic trip to the Panorama Point
Best hotels in Matheran for honeymoon couples: Regal Hotel, Westend Hotel, Adamo The Resort, and Lords Central Hotel
Must Read: 30 Best Places To Visit In India This Summer
Best honeymoon places in south India in May
9. Horsley Hills, Andhra Pradesh – An awesome getaway from Bangalore
At 1290 m, Horsley Hills is another secret hideout in the vicinity of Bangalore. Located at a distance of around 12 km from Madanapalle district, the series of hills act as one of the best places for honeymoon in India in May. Enjoy the exciting views and give a pleasant start to your married life.
How to reach Horsley Hills: Bangalore Airport at 138 km is the nearest airstrip to Horsley Hills. A taxi will get you there in 2-3 hours. Madanapalle Railway Station at 28 km is the nearest railhead to the Horsley Hills.
Romantic things to do in Horsley Hills:
- A tour of Horsley hill museum
- Spending moments of solace at Mallamma Temple
- Excursion of Highview Sight Point to enjoy the serene beauty of hills
- Enjoying nature’s charm at Gangotri Lake
Best honeymoon stays in Horsley Hills: Haritha Hill Resort Horsely Hills, Bans the Hotel, Prabhaa Grand Inn, and Rangalaya Royal
10. Yercaud, Tamil Nadu – Jewel of a honeymoon destination
Of all the best honeymoon places in India in summer, Yercaud is a comparatively offbeat honeymoon destination, known for its magical weather mystical environs. The name Yeri – Kadu translates to Lake Forest and people fondly call it a Jewel of the south.
The cool climate of Eastern Ghats and stretches of coffee plantation make Yercaud a perfect place to dive into the quietness of the environs and spend memorable moments with your partner.
How to reach Yercaud: Salem Airport is the nearest airport to Yercaud. Salem Junction is the nearest railway station to Yercaud at a distance of 38 km. The hill station can be easily reached by means of local transport.
Romantic things to do in Yercaud:
- A romantic trip to silk farm & rose garden
- Spending lazy moments at Lay’s Seat
- Losing to nature’s serenity at Killiyur Falls
- Catching the stunning view of Kaveri Peak
Best resorts in Yercaud for honeymoon: Cliffton Inn Resorts, Yercaud – Rock Perch, WOW Bison Woods, and LA Four Seasons
* Meenakshi Kalyanam festival celebrated in Meenakshi Temple, Madurai in May is a must attend! 4 hours out of Yercaud lies the beautiful historical town of Madurai.
11. Munnar, Kerala – A soothing vacation in the Ghats
Munnar in Kerala could be the aptest answer for those everyone looking for top engrossing honeymoon places in India in May. With plenty of nature around, Munnar makes the pick of honeymoon places in May in India. Plan a leisure outing to the Tata Tea Museum, Idduki Arch Dam or stroll the lush green plantations around, Munnar would leave you enthralled with its sheer charm.
All around, it’s the wonderful nature that makes Munnar one of the top places to visit in India in May for honeymoon. Don’t forget to plan Cheeyappara Waterfalls and Lakkom Waterfalls, they look stunning!
How to reach Munnar: Aluva, at 110 km, is the nearest railhead to Munnar while Ernakulum Railway Station is 130 km far. Munnar is easily accessible from Kochi (124 km), Thrissur (148 km), Madurai (152 km) and Thiruvananthapuram (281 km) by road.
Romantic things to do in Munnar:
- Taking a romantic trip to Anamudi Peak
- An excursion to Eravikulam National Park
- Enjoying romantic moments at Hill View Park
- Take leisure stroll around the tea gardens and feel the aroma of tea in the air
- Enjoying the magnificent views of gushing waterfalls at Atukkad Waterfalls
Where to stay in Munnar: Elysium Gardens Hill Resorts, Hotel Hillview, Emerald Inn, Bellmount Resorts, and Tea County Munnar
12. Andaman & Nicobar Islands – More blues and greens for a dreamlike vacation
The beach paradise of India is adorned with turquoise green water and blue skies and offer romantic vibes, that Andaman & Nicobar for you. Being one of the top places to visit in India in May for honeymoon, Andaman is ready with its generous offering for the lovebirds planning a romantic honeymoon towards the southernmost frontier of India. Just like other top summer honeymoon destinations in India, Andaman boasts of a wonderful climate, excellent vegetation, and plenty of water activities. Plan a trip with your beloved soon and experience the unparalleled beauty of Andaman.
How to reach Andaman & Nicobar Islands: There are two ways to reach Andaman, by water and by air. Flights to Port Blair are available from from Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, and Bangalore while ships to Andaman sail from Vizag, Chennai, and Kolkata. Ships take 2-3 days to reach Port Blair from ports in India.
Romantic things to do in Andaman & Nicobar Islands:
- Watching the light & sound show
- Visiting the lovely Corbyn’s Cove Beach
- Taking an inter island cruise
- Going beach hopping at the popular Andaman beaches
Where to stay in Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Hotel Sentinel, Fortune Resort Bay Island, Sinclairs Bayview Port Blair, and Tango Beach Resort
Come what MAY, these hot honeymoon destinations will conjure up the love vibes in you like never before. And all this while you kept thinking that nothing in this world is more beautiful than your Wifey!
1. What are best honeymoon places in South India in May?
Idukki, Kodaikanal, Coonoor, and Yercaud are the best honeymoon places in South India in May.
2. What are budget honeymoon places in India?
Shimla, Ooty, Kovalam, and Darjeeling are the budget honeymoon places in India.
Further Read: 10 Magnificent Honeymoon Places In Tamil Nadu
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.