Traveling and exploring new places was something that Kheyali and her husband had in common long before their paths crossed. Their honeymoon in Maldives was the first international trip for both of them that brought a chance to begin a new phase of their lives with countless happy memories.
Being an army child, I have traveled a lot within India since my childhood days. On the other hand, my husband is also a hardcore trekker who has explored many mountain routes in his quest for adventure and exploration.
Our thoughts converged on a honeymoon in Maldives when we were talking before our marriage about our likes, and our conversation turned to our bucket-list destinations. Both of us thought of Maldives as a dream destination. After that, we didn’t consider any other places and our honeymoon destination was decided.
Details of our honeymoon in Maldives
While researching on Google, I came across the TravelTriangle mobile app. First, I was little skeptical about the app as it involved money, but then a TravelTriangle representative (Deepak Nair) contacted me and assured me that it is safe to use this app.
Out of the multiple offers given to me for a Maldives honeymoon package, I chose Holidays To Cherish- where I spoke to Richa, a very prompt employee, who solved all my queries patiently with her knowledge and experience
Trip Cost: INR 1,18,500
Trip Duration: 4 nights/ 5 days
Agent Name: Holidays 2 Cherish
Inclusions: Flights, accommodations transfer, meals (excluding lunch)
Exclusions: Lunch and travel safe
Preparing for a memorable trip
We booked a flight with Srilankan airlines (a cheaper flight with a layover in Sri Lanka) and boarded the flight at 3.30 am. Our preparedness for the trip was perfect as we already exchanged currency two days before our trip.
We were particularly excited about the fact that this was the first time we were going through immigration checks to get our passports were stamped.
Two hours later, we reached Colombo, Sri Lanka and waited in the passenger’s lounge for our flight to Male. Our journey to Male, the capital of Maldives, was only 55 minutes long giving me enough time to take a quick nap before waking up to the serene waters of Maldives.
Suggested Read: Honeymoon In Maldives: Good Times At Centara Ras Fushi
Maldives Honeymoon Packages On TravelTriangle
Romance on paradise island of Maldives. Go on a snorkeling trip, visit the coral islands, go fishing, or explore the sandy beaches. Honeymoon packages at best rates. Get customized honeymoon deals from expert agents on TravelTriangle. Book Now!
Maldives: A Sapphire blue paradise
I really wanted to record our plane landing in Maldives, which I successfully did. After we reached the Male airport, we headed towards our paradise counter at the airport. While coming out, we got a glance of the beautiful turquoise water, and it felt amazing.
To reach our resort, we got a thrilling speed boat transfer, which is not advisable for the weak hearted.The first thing we noticed after reaching Paradise Island was that the staff talked in lyrical tone.Paradise had a well-drilled check-in process that welcomed us with a drink and wet towels.
Our first room
Although we booked for two nights in the beach villa and one night in the water villa, but trust me these beach villas are just as awesome if not better. I fell in love with them as I found them very beautiful and comfortable.
The water villa, on the other hand, had scenic beauty beyond our wildest imaginations as we could see the ocean bed from our room. Staying in one of the world’s unique accommodations was an experience I would definitely remember forever.
Suggested Read: Honeymoon In Maldives: Best Things To Do For A Romantic Start!
Watersports in turquoise blue waters
There are many water sports possible in Maldives and most of them required prior knowledge of skill to do it. Therefore, on our honeymoon in Maldives, we chose to do snorkeling and jet skiing. We didn’t do scuba because we heard that scuba diving is not that good at Paradise Island.
Although, those who still want to go for it, should do so along with a GoPro on rent for INR 3,400
Paradise Island and Spa
The best part about our resort was that they kept us engaged in various activities. Beyond water sports, we would sunbathe, collect seashells, or rent snorkeling gear and just go in the water for a swim.
In the evening we enjoyed feeding Stingrays, hanging out in different bars, and trying the delicious cuisine.
The best part about the entire experience was that the staff was always so warm and welcoming with a smile on their face. We loved everything about our honeymoon in Maldives at Paradise Island and Spa and saying goodbye to such a heavenly place was tough. On our way back, my husband and I were definitely in the mood to return to this beautiful island once again in the near future.
Suggested Read: Incredible Ways To Enjoy 5 Day Honeymoon Trip To Maldives
Recommended restaurants at Paradise Island Resort & Spa
- Buffet for people staying in a beach bungalow will be in Bageecha. Their food is awesome with a wide variety of international cuisine.
- Buffet for people staying in water villas will be at Heaven’s restaurant. The food is really good but the options are pretty limited.
- A La Carte Restaurant– This French restaurant is better than the seafood Japanese restaurant. This restaurant is better in terms of taste, quality, and quantity.
- Sheesha is a hookah bar, where we tried the hookah. For non-smokers, they have a good variety of drinks and snacks too.
Suggested Read: Here’s The Perfect 4N/5D Honeymoon Trip To Maldives
Tips for travelers going on a honeymoon in Maldives
- Do not overpack your bags with extra clothes because once you are out of your room you are hardly coming back to change.
- Good sunscreen and sunglasses are a must.
- If you have a layover flight in Sri Lanka, you will get an immigration form of Maldives there which you fill in advance and save on time.
- After you come out of the airport look for your hotel counter outside. You can ask any executive there.
- Vegetarians can carry snacks, packed cup noodles, or cup soups. Every room has an electric kettle.
- If you are not carrying GoPro then grab it from the watersports counter. Snorkeling without GoPro is a big miss.
- If you are checking into a beach bungalow at Paradise island, ask for room numbers starting from 300’s (if you like to be in happening place) or else go for 100’s for peaceful rooms with beautiful scenery and turquoise ocean ahead.
There’s no places on earth like Maldives! Book your Maldives honeymoon package and experience the ultimate romantic destination of the world!
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.