It happens often that kids get bored on a trip with adults. They don’t find the places interesting where their parents head to. Now, a toddler won’t find any scenic beauty while roaming on a beach and witnessing sunset. That won’t be appealing to him/her. Rather, he or she would prefer a pony ride on the beach or other beach activities where they can take part with many of other kids of same age. So, while planning for a trip or vacation, you need to make sure it becomes a great holiday also for the little member of your family. Now, if you are planning a trip to Los Angeles, you will find lots of things to do with toddlers in Los Angeles. In this guide, you will get to know about spending time in Los Angeles with kids.
Best Time to Visit Los Angeles
If you ask any experts, they will say Los Angeles is perfect for year-long vacation. While that’s true, You are traveling with your family, especially with your kids. So, here’s more details that would help you decide the best time to visit.
- From March to May: Spring is always favorite of kids. They love flowers and this is the time when the buds bloom. Also, they can visit many places freely as they don’t need to afraid of the cold. So, March to May is the perfect time for visiting Los Angeles. You won’t find it raining as it does in winter. Also, there will be no smog of summer and you can enjoy the beautiful sunny and warm days during this time.
- From June to August: This is the time of summer and the peak tourist season in Los Angeles. Though summer will give you smoggy days, scorching sun and sky-touching hotel rates, this time is favorite among tourists for various festivals, like Outfest, La Pride, DTLA Film Festival, and so on.
- From September to November: If Spring brings the best time of the year to visit Los Angeles, Autumn also decorates the city in its own style. The weather starts getting cool, but not that much. There is a soothing breeze around. For day trips and activities, this is the best time. Also, you can enjoy festivals, like the Emmy Awards, Abbot Kinney Festival, L.A. County Fair and so on.
- From December to February: Visit Los Angeles this time only if you like winter and snowfall. The airfares and the hotel rates are high this time and you will also face irritating rain. If you have kids, never plan L.A. trip during this time of the year.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
Ideal Duration for a Trip with Family
Based on the time of the year you are planning a trip, you should decide the duration to be in Los Angeles. A short trip won’t be enough to visit L.A. as there are countless places to visit and things to do. But, you also can’t be there for weeks, right? Often, you have only a week or 10 days in your hand to visit L.A. Here, you need to fix up your priorities. What you can do is to fix certain points you have to visit. If you have kids with you, include places or activities you want to do with him/her. Family trips should be arranged on the basis of everyone’s choice.
Best Places to Visit in Los Angeles with Kids
Now, if you are having a family trip with your kids, you need to know what the activities for 2-year-olds Los Angeles are or for your kids of any age. Also, you should know the best places where you can take your kids in L.A.
1. Griffith Park
No matter whether you have kids or not, your adventurous spirit will take you to this place in L.A. You can explore the Los Angeles Zoo, or hike to the Hollywood Sign, all activities are full of fun. Children will love to see roaming peacocks, talking parrots and so on. The pony rides also excite them the most. They can choose from slow, medium or fact paced ponies to have fun. This is a great place for a family picnic too.
Location: 4730 Crystal Springs Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Timings: Open 24 hours
2. The Huntington Library
If your kid is in middle school, this place is the best for them. You will find a rare collection of books, three separate art galleries, and an awesome botanical garden. Besides that, children will also love the Japanese Garden, Rose Garden, and China Rose Garden. For kids of 2-7 years, the Helen and Peter Bing’s Children Garden is the main attraction.
Location: 1151 Oxford Rd, San Marino, CA 91108, USA
Timings: 10am – 5pm
Suggested Read: Top 10 Things To Do In Los Angeles, The Home Of Hollywood
3. Time Travel Mart
If you are confused where to visit in Los Angeles with Kids as your kid is growing up, then go to the Time Travel Mart of the Echo Park. You will find quirky stores with objects from past, present, and future that will make your children the happiest.
Location: 1714 W Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Timings: 12am – 6pm
Best Experiences In Los Angeles With Kids
Take a look at the best things to do in Los Angeles with kids that will help your kids in not getting bored and exploring the city’s culture!
1. Visit The Los Angeles County Museum Of Arts
You definitely want to make your child visit places that help in his/her learning. He/she may have read about various artwork and era in school. Here, they will see the detail of European, Asian and Islamic Art. They also get to visit the masterpieces of contemporary artists, like Frida Kahlo, Diego Rivera, and so on.
Location: 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036, USA
Timings: 11am – 5pm
2. Have Fun at Six Flags Magic Mountain
Kids love activities and rides, especially when they are traveling. Take them to this place where they can go for the roller coaster ride. Apart from that, there are other thrilling rides, like the X2, Tatsu, Viper, etc.
Location: 26101 Magic Mountain Pkwy, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
3. Meet Your Dream Characters In Disneyland
You are traveling with your kids and not including Disneyland on your list is a great miss. Your kid is growing watching the characters that you have also watched. So, let him/her enjoy and you take a ride of nostalgia here.
Location: 1313 Disneyland Dr, Anaheim, CA 92802, USA
Timings: 8am – 12am
Best Places To Stay In Los Angeles
You will be confused as there are huge options. Be calm and choose the one that comes with good ratings. Also, check out the reviews by others before booking it. And when you have kids with you, you should narrow down your search to kid-friendly hotels or resorts.
1. Magic Castle Hotel
Once you say your kid this name, they will get excited immediately. There are magic shows, organized for the guests. Besides, there is a 24-hour heated pool and decorated rooms for kids only. They will love to be there.
Location: 7025 Franklin Avenue, Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90028, USA
Price: INR 16,457
2. Le Parc Suite Hotel
This hotel is the epitome of luxury. The rooftop pool is something that will excite your kids. There is also a tennis court where you can enjoy a game with your kids. And the Universal Studio is only 15 minutes from this hotel.
Location: 733 North West Knoll Drive, West Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA 90069, USA
Price: INR 21,402
3. Shutters on the Beach
Are you traveling with a little baby and confused about how to take care of it always? In this hotel, you will get babysitting services and 24-hour room services available. Besides, there are free cribs, roll away and other things to keep your little one happy and engaged.
Location: 1 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, Los Angeles, CA 90405, USA
Price: INR 53,899
Suggested Read: Shopping In Washington DC: 10 Best Places For A Retail Therapy
Tips To Remember While Traveling Los Angeles With Kids
1. You should avoid the winter season (December- February) if you are traveling with kids. They may not like winter and rain.
2. Always book early so that you get the desired hotel and room to make your child happy.
3. Prepare a wish list and hand it over to your agent. Make sure you include activities for your kids.
4. Always stay hygienic and make your kid be habituated with it.
5. Last, but not least, ask your kids about their preferences.
So, here you get enough idea about places to visit, things to do and other details about visiting Los Angeles with kids. Now, you can plan a holiday in Los Angeles and give your child a pleasant surprise!