You can never go wrong with a cup of coffee and apple cake in the Netherlands. But food is not the only reason why people love to travel to this country. Unaltered by modern-day industrial developments, Netherlands is known for its charming towns, peaceful countryside, white beaches that stretch out for miles, and a conglomeration of picturesque beaches. You can explore the varying landscape of the Netherlands on a cycle to experience the country like a local. But to do that, it is important to get into the nitty-gritty of the requirements for a Netherlands visa for Indians.
Netherlands Visa For Indians
The earliest you can apply for a Netherlands visa for Indians is 3 months before you intend to travel. You should apply no later than 15 working days in advance. In most cases, you will be informed within 15 calendar days whether your application has been successful. Sometimes it can take up to 30 days if more time is needed, and up to 60 days in exceptional cases, for example, if extra documents are required. You can stay in the Netherlands on a tourist visa for a maximum of 90 days.
Visa applications are received directly at the Embassy of India in The Hague only for diplomatic or official visits on behalf of national governments, the UN or other international organizations; or certain categories like mountaineering visa or missionary visa. The service provider is expected to guide the applicants in this behalf.
Netherlands tourist visa is normally issued within three working days upon receipt of visa application with a passport in the visa section of the Embassy. Additional 2 working days are taken by the service provider for receiving and disbursing the applications. The Netherlands visa fees for Indians is mentioned below:
Netherlands visa fees for Indians (adults): INR 13178/-
Netherlands visa fees for Indians (kids under 12 years of age): INR 11278/-
How To Get It
We suggest you complete the form using the online portal to get a Netherlands tourist visa for Indians. The portal will guide you through the application questions and will make sure you do not forget to enter any necessary values. Also, please mention your name along with the surname of your father and spouse, if applicable. An alternative to this is the pen and paper format. Complete the online Schengen visa application form, print it out and take it to the Visa Application Centre along with the visa fee in cash. The procedure to get a Netherlands transit visa for Indian citizens is more or less the same.
To visit the Netherlands embassy in India,
Address: 6/50 F Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
Opening hours: Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 5 PM
Please ensure that you furnish all the required documents. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. You may download the relevant document checklist from this website:
- A passport issued within the last 10 years that has at least 2 blank pages and is valid for at least another 3 months after the date you intend to leave the Schengen area.
- You must submit a completed and signed visa application form. Each person traveling with you on your travel document must submit their own visa form. Forms for children under the age of 18 need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
- If you are under 18 and are traveling without one or both of your parents or guardians, ask them to sign a consent form. Border guards may ask to see this form when you arrive in the Netherlands.
- Two recent passport-size colored photographs with matte or semi-matte finish showing 60%-80% face coverage with a white background and no border (size: 35mm x 45mm).
Netherlands Visa Tips
Looking for useful tips from fellow travelers? We have shortlisted a few tips and tricks that have been shared by people who visited the Netherlands some odd 1-2 years ago. Take a look:
- Make sure to note down the Temporary Application ID number which you receive when you fill the visa application form online. It would enable you to save and continue with your application on a later occasion.
- You are advised to familiarize yourself with visa guidelines before filling the form.
- Make sure to abide by the law of the land and not indulge in any kind of unlawful activity.
- Visa is not a matter of right. The decision of the Embassy of India in this matter shall be final.
The Dutch love the outdoors. You are likely to find cafes bursting at its seams with people of all age groups and nationalities and beaches busy with walkers, kite flyers and land yachters. Doesn’t that sound exciting? If you have been toying with the idea of embarking on a vacation to Netherlands , we suggest you apply for a Netherlands visa for Indians without a second thought. Because if not now, then when?
Frequently Asked Questions About Netherlands Visa For Indians
A. Know of all the visa guidelines before you choose the type of visa you need. You can choose from a tourist, student, and business visa to visit the Netherlands. It is easy to apply for a visa online, save the form and fill it later in the time.
A. It takes 15 days on average to process a visa for the Netherlands. It could also take between 30 to 60 days depending on individual applications.
A. You can opt for a visa for medical treatment, sports, and cultural activities, research, studies, visit family and friends, making films, etc. A separate application is available in these categories. Choose them carefully based on your requirements to visit this country.
A. You can apply for this visa as early as 3 months before the date of travel.
A. You must have all the valid documents, travel insurance, and a valid letter of purpose to visit this country. You must also show that you wish to return to your country after the said period.
A. If you apply for a short-stay visa, the duration is up to 90 days.
A. For adults, the processing fee is 13,000 INR approximately and for kids, under the age of 12, it is 11,000 INR approximately.
A. It depends on the sole discretion of the embassy if they wish to verify the bank statements in the Netherlands.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read: