The beauty of Norway can not be explained in simple words. It is certainly one of the most alluring countries in the entire world and the eastern-most country among the Scandanavian countries. Surrounded by snow-capped peaks and fjords, Norway is hard to resist. Some of the most magnificent waterfalls, lakes, and rivers in the world are located out there.
Among Indians too, Norway is one of the most popular and beloved tourist destinations in the world. With the passing days, the interest among Indians about European and foreign countries is piquing. But to enter Norway, one will need to get a Norway visa for Indians which is a Schengen visa. Here, one will get to learn about the exact way through which one will be able to apply for a Schengen visa successfully.
How Can The Indians Get Their Visa For Norway?
Since 1995, Indians need a Schengen visa to enter most of the European countries, including Norway. The Schengen visa allows one to enter not only Norway but also 25 other essential countries in Europe. As most Indian tourists prefer to explore more than one country in Europe at once, this visa comes in handy for them. Depending on the number of days one will be staying in Norway, one can choose the right Schengen visa for themselves as there are three different categories of Schengen visa for Norway.
If one is going to Norway to spend a holiday, one will need to apply for a tourist visa. The visa will let you stay in Norway for up to 90 days. One will be able to bring your family members with you, too, though you will have to apply for their visa separately. In case you are going there for more than 90 days, you will need to apply for a long-stay Schengen visa. Usually, if you have blood-relatives staying in a Schengen country, the visa is approved more quickly.
Find the step-by-step process on how to apply for Norway visa for Indians. To get your visa approved, you will need to use it by following the steps mentioned below.
- While applying for a Schengen visa, you will have to submit the application form physically to the Norway visa application center. You cannot submit the form online. But you can fill out the form online and then print out that. Or else, you can print out the copy of a blank application form and fill it out offline.
- In case of submitting the form to the respective branch of Norway visa center in India, you can do that yourself, or you can pay an authorized travel agent to do that. The form must be submitted before 15 days of the date of your travel. You can also send the form 90 days before your date of departure. To provide the form, you need to make an appointment beforehand.
- Along with the application form, other documents are also necessary documents to get approval for your Norway visa.
Requirements For The Application Of Norway Visa For Indians
All the documents mentioned in the following section of the blog are quite essential for getting your Norway visa approved. Read this section pretty carefully because if you forget to bring any one of them, your visa may get rejected.
- Applicants need to bring the filled-out copy of their application form.
- You are required to bring two recent passport-sized pictures of yourself that are new.
- Your passport that is valid for more than six months after the date of your departure and that has two blank pages are also required.
- Photocopies of flight tickets for the departure and as well as return is also essential to produce at the time of submission.
- Cover letter explaining the nature, the itinerary of your trip, financial proof, and employment proof are also needed while you submit the application form for visa to Norway.
- Your health insurance receipt will also have to be provided to the Norway visa center.
- Photocopies of the living accommodations are required for getting approval for your visa to Norway.
- You will also be required to submit the photocopy of your financial stability. It means you need to provide any business document, including bank passbook, credit card bills, employment proof, or any other that proves that you have enough money to survive in Norway until you get back to India.
- Also, you will need to bring an identity proof.
Fees For Norway Visa For Indians
You will need to pay a visa fee of approximately INR 4614 to get a Norway visa in case you are an Indian.
Though getting a visa for Norway might sound confusing and scary. But if you follow all the steps mentioned in the blog, then you will not have any problem in applying for the visa correctly. Getting a Norway visa for Indians is pretty helpful as the Schengen visa will not only take you to one destination but to 25 more different locations in Europe itself. So, when are you planning to get in the queue to apply for a visa for your vacation to Norway?
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Norway Visa For Indians
A. No. Norway does not offer on-arrival visas to Indian passport holders. You will have to apply for a Schengen visa to go there.
A. The Norway embassy of India is located in New Delhi. You can send your application form to the embassy through an authorized travel agent quite easily.
A. After getting your visa approved, you will be able to receive it in your mail within seven to ten days at most.
A. It would be best if you kept at least INR 7800 per day in your bank to explore Norway though there is not any precise amount.
A. You will be able to cover the maximum part of Norway within five days. Though it depends upon you, how many days are you ready to spend there.
People Also Read: