With a vast western coastline and several placid islands, sunsets in India are scenic to say the least. Captivating views of the sun setting right into the sea while enjoying red ginger tea in the mountains or sand dunes is the best of life’s little joys one can get.
Sunsets paint beautiful colors of dusk that compel you to sit up and look at how mesmerizing universal phenomena can be. Perfect for a romantic date, some alone time with yourself, and a few magical clicks – here’s where you should head to view the best sunsets in India.
20 Places To See Sunsets In India
Sunsets are one of the most beautiful things that one can witness. There are many place in India to see sunset. Listed below are some of the places where you can see sunset in India.
- Dal Lake at Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir – Picturesque Views
- Nubra Valley, Jammu and Kashmir – Beautiful Valley
- Lover’s Point at Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh – Mesmerising Views
- Taj Mahal At Agra, Uttar Pradesh – Monument Of Love
- Ghats of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – Wash Your Sins
- Sunset Point at Mount Abu, Rajasthan – Magnificent Views
- Sunset Point at Chittorgarh Fort, Rajasthan – Bountiful Sight
- Sand Dunes of Jaisalmer, Rajasthan – Picturesque Location
- Umiam Lake at Shillong, Meghalaya – Nature’s Lap
- Brahmaputra River at Dibrugarh, Assam – Marvellous Sight
- Great Rann of Kutch, Gujarat – Absolute Beauty
- Porcupine Point at Matheran, Maharashtra – Gorgeous Location
- Palolem Beach at Canacona, Goa – Treat To The Eyes
- Sunset Point at Agumbe, Karnataka – Tranquil And Gorgeous
- Varkala Beach at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – Spectacular Sight
- Fort Cochin at Kochi, Kerala – Splendid Vistas
- Sunset/Sunrise Point at Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu – Radiant Sunset
- Radhanagar Beach on Havelock Island, Andaman & Nicobar Islands – Golden Sunset
1. Dal Lake At Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir – Picturesque Views
You cannot miss the sunset at Dal Lake when visiting Srinagar. It is one of the best places to see sunset in India. The view of the sunset from the windows of houseboats makes it an exciting experience.
2. Nubra Valley, Jammu And Kashmir – Beautiful Valley
Blue sky, patches of clouds, green pastures; this place has it all. Visiting this place is an experience in itself which gets heightened to manifolds by the amazing view of the sunset.
3. Lover’s Point At Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh – Mesmerising Views
Lover’s Point in Kasauli will definitely make you fall in love with the sunset here. The amazing view of the sunset will make you fall in love with the nature and surroundings.
4. Taj Mahal At Agra, Uttar Pradesh – Monument Of Love
Taj Mahal – one of the seven wonders of the world is a sight for sore eyes. The sunset makes this place even more beautiful. The sunset here is mesmerizing and experience is uplifting.
5. Ghats Of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – Wash Your Sins
Holy chants, thousands of oil lamps, and vibrant colors on the Ghats of Varanasi makes for a mesmerizing sunset view. There is nothing more enchanting than watching the sun set on the banks of Ganga in Varanasi.
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
6. Sunset Point At Mount Abu, Rajasthan – Magnificent Views
The landscapes in Mount Abu paints quite a picture when it comes to sunsets. The sun setting behind the hills is one of the most surreal sights that one can witness.
7. Sunset Point At Chittorgarh Fort, Rajasthan – Bountiful Sight
The beautiful landscape offers an amazing view making this place one of the best places to witness sunsets in India. Come here and witness the sunset while basking in the lap of nature.
8. Sand Dunes Of Jaisalmer, Rajasthan – Picturesque Location
There is nothing more beautiful than setting of sun behind the sand dunes. The beautiful landscape offers an amazing view making this place one of the best places to witness sunsets in India.
Suggested Read: Plan A Trip To Rajasthan
9. Umiam Lake At Shillong, Meghalaya – Nature’s Lap
The beauty of the sunset at the Umiam Lake in Meghalaya is enchanting and mesmerizing. The landscape offers an amazing view of the sunset while you bask in lap of nature.
10. Brahmaputra River At Dibrugarh, Assam – Marvellous Sight
Brahmaputra River is one of the best places to witness the beauty of sunset. The flowing river and hues blue and orange when the sunsets will make you forget your worries.
11. Great Rann Of Kutch, Gujarat – Absolute Beauty
The Rann of Kutch is a pristine beauty in itself. The white sand changes its color with every hue of sun. No wonder this is one of the best places to see sunsets in India. See sunset here is just amazing.
12. Porcupine Point At Matheran, Maharashtra – Gorgeous Location
Porcupine Point in Matheran is one of the 30 points that are known to provide an amazing view of the sunset. It is one of the best places to be a witness of sunsets in India.
15. Palolem Beach At Canacona, Goa – Treat To The Eyes
This is the perfect place to be a witness of the beauty of sunset. The beach offers an amazing place to make the most of your evenings and witnessing the sun set in the sea.
16. Sunset Point At Agumbe, Karnataka – Tranquil And Gorgeous
A small village in the Karnataka, this is one of the best places to see sunset in India. The sunset here turns this place into a sight that is just worth experiencing.
17. Varkala Beach At Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala – Spectacular Sight
Varkala is the only place in Kerala where you can witness hills coming close to the Arabian Sea. The Varkala beach paints quite a picture of sunset. the cliffs merging with the sea makes for a view that is hard to miss.
18. Fort Cochin At Kochi, Kerala – Splendid Vistas
One of the most beautiful places to witness the setting of the sun. The change in the hues of the sky and the sea will leave you breathless.
19. Sunset/Sunrise Point At Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu – Radiant Sunset
Kanyakumari is the southernmost tip and end of India’s land. It is also a confluence of Arabian Sea, Bay Of Bengal, and the Indian Ocean. Kanyakumari is the best place to witness sunset in India. The view here is amazing, serene, and unique.
20. Radhanagar Beach On Havelock Island, Andaman & Nicobar Islands – Golden Sunset
Radhanagar is known as the best beach in Asia, and amazing sunset views is one of the main reasons behind it. The white sand, clear blue waters, and gold hue of sun creates a view that is mesmerizing.
Further Read: 15 Secrets That Andaman Has Been Keeping To Itself
So are you ready to plan your trip to these amazing sunset points in India? If so, let us know where you would like to begin your journey when thinking of taking a trip to India.