Cover Image Credit: Pixabay
What if weeks before you embark on your dream trip to Singapore, you meet with an accident and have to cancel your trip? Or, what if the airlines lose your luggage and you’re stranded in a foreign nation? Even worse, what if there’s a medical emergency? To secure your Singapore holiday plans, read our guide on travel insurance in Singapore and learn why buying travel insurance is the need of the hour.
5 Reasons Why You Need Travel Insurance In Singapore
The best way to secure your vacation? Plan it well! Here are the top reasons why you should purchase travel insurance:
- The cheapest travel insurance in Singapore will not just cover minor out-patient expenses, but in case of a life-threatening situation, it also extends coverage to pre-existing ailments.
- The best travel insurance in Singapore will offer a benefit called Personal Liability wherein the insurance company will cover the expenses for third-party damages.
- A comprehensive travel insurance policy will offer guidance on process for reissuance of misplaced travel documents. The process is hassle-free for the insured as the customer care would work with the local authorities directly.
- Travel insurance plans also provide financial support to cover exigencies such as losing a passport, laptop, international driving license, checked-in baggage or trip delays owing to bad weather.
- Travel insurance companies even offer compensation for visa fee in case the same is rejected.
|Types Of Travel Insurance||Eligibility|
|Individual Travel Insurance||3 Months To 60 Years|
|Student Travel Insurance||16 Years To 40 Years|
|Senior Citizen Travel Insurance||61 Years To 85 Years|
|Family Travel Insurance||3 Months To 60 Years|
|Schengen Travel Insurance||3 Months To 70 Years|
Your claims must be made within 30 days of the insured incident. It usually takes 10 working days to process your claims after all required documents are received. Also, all relevant documents and information must be submitted together with your claims.
Travel insurance allows you to claim for medical expenses incurred for initial treatment within three days from the date you return. In addition to that, you can also claim for follow-up treatments up to 30 days from the date of your first treatment in Singapore.
How To Choose The Best Travel Insurance In Singapore
Are you confused about whether to buy Aviva travel insurance Singapore, AIG travel insurance in Singapore, AXA travel insurance in Singapore or MSIG travel insurance in Singapore? To compare travel insurance, keep these important points in mind:
- Make sure it includes baggage insurance to cover your valuables.
- If you are planning on participating in extreme sports, you will also need coverage for that.
- Do not ride a bike without a license in Singapore. The insurance company will not cover motorcycle or ATV accidents if you do not have a license.
- Make sure that your travel insurance policy covers both cell phone theft and loss.
- Check if your travel insurance policy helps you lodge a police report.
Maybe your holiday isn’t complete until you’ve checked out all the dive sites in Singapore. As fellow adventurers, we feel you. It goes without saying that it is important to be covered for adventure activities. Before you book your trip to Singapore, apply for travel insurance in Singapore and vacation stress-free!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Can I buy travel insurance for someone else?
A. Yes, you can buy travel insurance policies for your next of kin. You can even purchase it if someone else pays for your Singapore trip.
Q. How far in advance do I need to buy travel insurance?
A. You need to buy travel insurance 15 days in advance.
Q. Can you get travel insurance with a heart condition?
A. You can buy travel insurance despite having pre-existing health conditions.
Q. What level of travel insurance do I need?
A. Make sure that the one you choose provides enough protection for your travel needs.
People Also Read