India, our motherland, has, since time immemorial, been considered to be the Golden Sparrow and the Heaven on Earth. It will be a shame to miss out on some of the most amazing facts about our motherland.
Scroll on to discover India like never before.
1. India has the largest number of post offices in the world….
2. The country with largest number of post offices could not stay behind in technology.
3. The world’s 7th largest country in terms of size is also the 2nd largest country in terms of population…
4. World’s largest gathering that exceeds 100 million people…
5. The country with world’s 3rd biggest army could not be stopped on its Space Ventures too!
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
6. From Space, back to Earth! The Riverine Island…
7. WETTEST INHABITED PLACE IN THE WORLD
8. Highest corruption rate? Doubtful! But we certainly have no doubts about these ‘highest’ stats…
9. BANDRA WORLI SEA LINK
10. Largest Canoe Crew- 143 people on a 43.7 m long boat.
The ‘Snake Boat’ Aries Punnamada Urukku Chundan of Alleppey had a crew of 143, which included 118 rowers, 2 rhythm men, 5 helmsmen and 18 singers, and was rowed on May 1, 2008.
11. Spas for humans are a passe.
We all are familiar with the famous spas for humans in Kerala, but Kerala also has spas for elephants. Elephants receive baths, massages and even food at the Punnathoor Cotta Elephant Yard Rejuvenation Centre in Kerala. Now that’s a BIG step for the country.
12. Raja Chola-I built the first granite temple in 1010 AD…
Brihadeeswarar Temple in Thanjavur (Tamil Nadu) is a part of UNESCO World Heritage Site list.
13. Varanasi, the land of 3 religions, is oldest inhabited city.
Varanasi, a city with religious importance in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism, is the world’s oldest, continuously inhabited city. The city has been continuously inhabited since Lord Buddha’s visit in 500 BC.
14. Diamonds are forever, but were mined only in India until 1896…
India has 3 diamond mines, viz. the Bundar Mines and the Panna Mines in Madhya Pradesh, and Kollur Mines in Andhra Pradesh.
15. Around the world in 80 days? Not quite! More like 6 ½ years.
Benny Prasad, an Indian musician, holds the record for being the fastest man ever to visit all 245 countries in the world, including the Antarctica, in 6 years 6 months and 22 days. (1/5/2004- 22/11/2010)
He also holds the record for making the first Bongo Guitar and the first 52-Strings Guitar.
So which of these facts did you have no idea about? Tell us if there is any other such fact that you want to share. We will ensure that it features in our upcoming blogs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Unknown Facts About India
A. Three of the most defining facts about India are:
1. India has the world’s oldest and the continuously inhabited city in the world, Varanasi
2. India has never invaded another country
3. India also has the most isolated society in the world, the Sentinelese people.
A. Archeologists have found human remains in India dating back to approximately 30,000 years ago.
A. The first king of India is Chandragupta Maurya from the Gupta Dynasty who ruled the country from 322 to 298 BC.
A. India has seven major religions: Himduism, Islam, Christianity, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhism and Zoroastrians.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.