All the best things in the world may be for free, but when it comes to something as flawless as the Disney World Resort in Orlando, you my friend, have definitely got to earn it.
While the cost of touring the Walt Disney-themed resort literally has the tendency to burn holes in your pocket, one can actually make a smart move by planning their vacation around the best time to explore the Disney World.
Just FYI: We’re talking about the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando and not about the Disneyland in Anaheim. The difference being the size of it, Disney World is more like a destination itself whereas Disneyland is like a tourist attraction.
Which Is The Best Time To Explore The Disney World?
From parking amenities to dining at the famous restaurants, and from living in one of the theme-based inhouse hotels to shopping experiences, Disney World can make you bankrupt in a minute. Thus, be it with family, spouse, or solo, it is an added advantage to know the best time to explore the Disney World, and plan well in advance.
- Starting with the New Year, from the mid of January to the initial week of February happens to be the best and the most affordable time to visit the Disney World as most of the travelers get back from their New Year vacation at this point of time.
- Since the demand is less, the entry fees along with prices of the hotel and other activities, automatically tend to fall down during late-January. Also, it becomes easy to move around due to lesser crowd.
- In addition to that, the duration from September to November is also the best time to explore Disney World except for the time of Halloween (end of October) and Thanksgiving (3rd week of November).
- The brief period of two to three weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas also happens to be the time when the prices fall dramatically. Not only it is the best time to explore the Disney World but it is also a great time to witness the festive feels, decorations, and celebrations.
- In general, it is observed that exploring the Disney World on weekdays (which is Monday to Thursday in America) tends to be more cheaper than it is on weekends. Hence, you can book your tickets accordingly.
- To sum that up, the best time to explore Disney World is during the months of end of January, February, starting of March, end of April, and September through November.
Which Is Not The Best Time To Explore The Disney World?
No matter how well you plan, there are many aspects of touring the Disney World which can end up in stirring additional costs. Hence to avoid all the additional expenses other than the ones mentioned above, it is also better to be aware of when it is not the best time to explore the Disney World. Hence, make a note of the following times to avoid getting bankrupt.
- It is a strict no no to plan your vacation anywhere around the Disney Marathon Weekend which takes place in the first week of January.
- Make the most of first two weeks in February as the third week of February is all caught up with the Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival, Martin Luther King Weekend, and vacation for school kids.
- Needless to say, do not even think of planning a vacation during the festivities of Christmas unless you’re willing to go on a spending spree.
- Same goes for New Year’s Eve and New Year Day as well that not only happens to be the busiest time but also the most expensive time to explore the Disney World.
- Post New Year, the time during Easter also happens to be one of the most busiest times at Disney World. Celebrated in the month of April, it happens to be an early spring in Orlando.
- Generally, friends and families come together during Thanksgiving which is usually celebrated in the third week of November. Hence, avoid planning a trip around Thanksgiving to travel smart later.
- Summer vacations can also be a real struggle to explore the Disney World. The months from May through August brings in a massive crowd and as a result, the prices increase by a great margin.
How To Plan A Value-For-Money Trip To The Disney World?
The key to planning a value for money trip during the best time to explore the Disney World happens to be the online calendar on the official website that states the prices of one-day tickets in the park. It not only highlights the price of the tickets, activities, and the hotels, but also highlights the days when it’s usually crowded.
Suggested Read: Ocean Park Hong Kong: An Attraction You Cannot Afford To Miss
Hence, you can decide for yourself which is the best time to explore the Disney World via the pricing system of one-day tickets. While the most crowded times at the Disney World are priced as “Peak”, you can book yourself a trip during the rest of the times which are priced under the category of “Value”.
Interesting isn’t it? Planning well in advance and during the best time to explore Disney World can actually save you a lot of bucks, time, and energy. Hoping that you will have a gala time during your next visit to this dreamland, do let us know if you too have any such interesting tips for future travelers, in the comments below.