Ocean Park Hong Kong is the largest amusement, animal theme, marine mammal, and oceanarium in the world. It is one of the most visited parks and is by far, one of the most amazing places to visit in Hong Kong. There are over 80 rides and attractions in this park – all of which combine to give a stellar natural and entertainment experience like none other.
1. Who is it for?
Ocean Park Hong Kong Families and kids and everyone else who wants to have a great time indulging in some thrilling rides and witnessing wildlife.
2. Where is Ocean Park located?
Ocean Park, Hong Kong (Wong Chuk Hang and Nam Long Shan in the Southern District of Hong Kong).
3. What are the Ocean Park timings?
- Ocean Park Timings: 10 am – 7 pm
- Summit Closing Time: 7 pm
4. How to reach Ocean Park Hong Kong?
If you’re traveling by car, then drive through the Aberdeen Tunnel from its Wan Chai Entrance via the Canal Road – Wong Nai Chung Road Overpass. The tunnel fee is HK$5 (one-way).
Once you have gone through the tunnel, you’ll be at the Wong Chuk Hang Road from where you have to take a left into the Ocean Park Road and a left again at the Ocean Park Road roundabout to reach the Main Entrance.
Although it is easy to reach Ocean Park by car, it is recommended to use the well-connected public transport to encourage environmental sustainability.
By City Bus
As per the new schedule, Citybus 629 service is changed into a single bound service from Central Ferry Piers to Ocean Park, which is available every day from 9:30 am to 11:30 am (5 Departures Daily).
By Public Transport
- MTR (Mass Transit Railway)
The MTR South Island Line opened on 28 December 2016. Visitors can get off at Ocean Park Station for direct access to the park entrance.
Bus routes are available from all the major companies and it is recommended you contact these respective companies for timings and schedule.
Hong Kong & Macau Holiday Packages On TravelTriangle
Visit Hong Kong and explore disney land, ocean park, wet land park, victoria’s peak and Lantau Island. Further, explore Macau tower, the Venetian resort, Senedo square and more in Macau.
5. Where to buy Ocean Park Tickets?
Visitors can purchase tickets at the following locations in the park:
- Ocean Park Main Entrance
- All 7-Eleven stores in Hong Kong
- Ocean Park Online Ticketing System
- HK 438$ (above 12)
- HK 219$ (between 3 – 12)
*The Ocean Park entry fee includes most of the facilities, except skill games and coin-operated games
New Ocean FasTrack
Visitors can also buy the newly introduced Ocean FasTrack pass that allows priority access to designated rides and attractions. For more info, one can visit the website here.
- HK 250$ (7 priority accesses for designated rides and attractions)
- HK 350$ (Priority access for all the designated rides and attractions)
6. The Park
Divided into two and separated by a large mountain (yes!), Ocean Park has two sections, The Summit (Headland) and The Waterfront (Lowland) and have further eight subsections. To commute within the park, visitors can use a 1.5 km cable car system or the Ocean Express funicular railway which gives a visitor a feeling of going under the ocean through simulated screens and effects. Also, to ascend the hills, visitors get to use the second largest outdoor escalator in Hong Kong.
If all of this doesn’t give you an idea of how grand the Ocean Park Hong Kong is, we don’t know what will.
7. Ocean Park Hong Kong Attractions
The attractions in Ocean Park Hong Kong are a delight for all age groups. From the red pandas to the grand aquarium to thrilling rides, the park is designed for a fantastic experience to all. Although, there are more than 80 Ocean Park Hong Kong rides and activities to choose from, here are some of the best ones as per the following categories:
- Amazing Bird Theater: A presentation of ten amazing birds of prey along with 70 other species highlighting an up-close encounter in the lives of these birds.
- Ocean Theater: Discover the majestic wonders of the ocean from the perspective of a diver, get close to ocean animals and understand why Oceans are so important for us.
- South Pole Spectacular: Witness many kinds of penguins here and look at their life and times in both the polar regions of the world. See cuteness come alive at subzero temperature.
- Giant Panda Adventure: Giant Salamander, Red Panda, and Giant Panda all reside here and invite you to a fun panda party.
- Adventures In Australia: Meet and greet the cutest and greatest animals of Australia in this specially dedicated zone for all.
Best Ocean Park Hong Kong Rides
Suggested Read: Macau vs Hong Kong For Honeymoon: What’s Your Pick?
- Hair Raiser: As the name suggests, this ride is not for the faint-hearted!
- Arctic Blast: Enjoy a roller coaster ride against the surreal arctic backdrop
- The Abyss: One of the most thrilling rides in Ocean Park Hong Kong, the Abyss will excite you by taking a 20 story plunge before you even have the time to admire the view from the top.
- The Rapids: Sit on a raft and flow on the water stream that shall not only take you through the dark spots of the jungle but also through patches of blinding sun and rough terrain! A proper rainforest wet adventure we say!
- The Eagle: This spinner whirls up in the sky and splits into four individual pods of passengers screaming for their life. Swirling at a max 8 revolutions per minute, this is one of the craziest rides in Ocean Park Hong Kong.
- Castle of Redd: Explore this amazing castle of mazes and adventures with your kids and pay a visit to your childhood once again.
- Jungle of Giants: A brand new playground specifically designed for kids who want to have all the fun in the world.
- Mine Train: With the sea on the side, nothingness below, and a roller coaster ride from one hill to another, you really cannot ask for more on this ride.
- Old Hong Kong: Relive the Hong Kong of the 50’s and the 70’s in this retro area dedicated to making the past nostalgic memories come alive. Feel the vibe of Hong Kong here.
- Amazing Bird Theater: An up-close look and presentation of 10 predator birds and 70 other species.
- Ocean Theater: Feel the magic of ocean come alive at this breathtaking program.
- Symbio!: An after-dark fountain sound and lighting show you will fall in love with.
- Whiskers Theater: A kid-friendly marine and sea creatures show that will bring a smile to your face.
8. Ocean Park Hong Kong Transport Attractions
The transportation within Ocean Park is not only unique and top class but also extremely entertaining. Here’s what you will get when you take a ride down in this huge amusement park
- Cable Car (The Summit & Waterfront): A too and fro ride from the Waterfront and The Summit is possible via a breathtaking ride in the cable car at the park. Experience mesmerizing sceneries in the backdrop of sun, sky, and the sea with your loved ones as you commute within the park.
- Ocean Express (The Summit & Waterfront): As the name suggests, the Ocean Express takes you to and fro from the Waterfront and The Summit in a 4-minute train ride. But this is not an ordinary train journey. There are simulations inside the train that will make you feel what it is to be inside a submarine underwater. A fantastic ride indeed!
- Escalator: Experience the park in its true spirit as you journey from the Marine Land to the Adventure Land on the world’s second-largest outdoor escalator. Shielded by a glass tunnel, witness the park in its natural glory on the way.
9. Food in Ocean Park Hong Kong
There are eight eateries spread across the Ocean Park giving its visitors various dining and cuisine options. These are
- Lakeside Chill Bar
A great place to grab some snacks in the afternoon and evening.
- Aqua City Bakery
A perfect choice for those who are craving for some baked goodies and refreshing drinks
- Neptune’s Restaurant
Enjoy all-day international dining here in the backdrop of the massive Grand Aquarium’s main tank.
- Panda Café
Indulge in a variety of Asian cuisines here including specialists like Dim Sum and Siu Mei in a panda-themed setting.
- Tuxedos Restaurant
Enjoy an extraordinary meal here with your loved ones. Choose from an international menu and low carbon meals and enjoy them in the company of 70 penguins frolicking on ice.
- The Bayview Restaurant
Enjoy stunning views of the sea as you indulge in a sumptuous meal at this open kitchen restaurant.
- The Terrace Café
An alfresco dining option with Chef’s special menu, seasonal dishes, and seaside air ambience.
Marine World I Summi
- Café Ocean
Enjoy Hong Kong favorites and South East Asia cuisine while soaking in amazing views of the water here.
Marine World I Summit
- Food Kiosks
Apart from the restaurants mentioned above, there are more than 25 food kiosks spread across Ocean Park Hong Kong to cater to your hunger pangs. And yes, there is McDonald’s too!
10. Shopping in Ocean Park Hong Kong
Further Read: 20 Top-Rated Things To Do In Hong Kong
Be it panda-themed goodies, baked delights, or ocean themed souvenirs, there are more than 17 outlets in Ocean Park to help you shop the best gifts for your loved ones and to take ba2 home.
11. Tips For Travelers Visiting Ocean Park Hong Kong
Suggested Read: New Year In Hong Kong: 6 Exciting Ways To Ring In 2018
- Book your tickets in advance for a hassle-free entry
- Keep at least one full day for this amusement park since all its activities and attractions usually take this much time
- Check the daily schedule and attractions before planning your itinerary
- Public transport is the best way to reach Ocean Park Hong Kong
- Carry your own cloth bags since plastic ones are chargeable
- Do not at any point of time try to tease, interact, or disturb the animals in the park
Do let us know what you think about this fantastic place and just in case, if you’re making up your mind for a crazy vacay in Hong Kong, choose one of our customizable Hong Kong Packages and let us do the planning for you. Peace!
Frequently Asked Questions About Ocean Park Hong Kong
A. Both of these amusement parks are spectacular in their own way however if you want to compare, then we would suggest Ocean Park to all those who want to experience the best of nature and amusement at one place. While Disneyland Hong Kong is a great place to be, it is restricted by its theme. Ocean Park Hong Kong, on the other hand, provides a holistic experience that is heavily focused on overall entertainment, nature, and animals.
A. While Ocean Park is located in Hong Kong, the Chimelong Ocean Kingdom is located in Zhuhai, part of mainland China. Both of these theme parks offer similar experiences but if you’re traveling to Hong Kong on a holiday, the Ocean Park is surely a better bet.
In the end, Ocean Park Hong Kong is a one of a kind amusement cum animal park in Hong Kong that is very hard to not visit. This spectacular place is huge, has the sea on one side, and is beautifully blended with nature. It has everything you’re looking for and more. So if you’re planning a holiday to Hong Kong and not including this spectacular marvel in your itinerary, do we need to tell you it’s a sin?
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.