For people, who wish to work or study abroad, Canada is full of opportunities. But, how is it as a place for vacation? Actually, it is gorgeous. Whether it is the throbbing city life of Canada or the serene beauty of the snow-capped mountains and the glaciers, Canada will mesmerize you in every way. If you are completely urban from inside, this country will welcome you with a safe and clean environment where you can enjoy the multicultural atmosphere of the country.If you are a nature lover or an adventurous by heart, the country will make you wonder with its mountains, lakes, forests, a little amount of desert and the stretched arctic lands. So, if you want to surprise yourself and loved ones, plan the best of family trips to Canada this year keeping this guide handy.
Best Time To Visit Canada
When you are planning for family holidays to Canada, the first thing you need to know is the best time to visit the place. You definitely want to visit the country at its full bloom. So, plan wisely before taking your flights to Canada. Here, you will get an idea on the basis of months so that you can make sure which the best time to visit Canada is. Have a look-
- January: This is the coldest month of the year in this country. If you want to shiver in the wintry breeze, you can plan this time. As January is off-season, you can get enough discounts on hotels this time. If you are planning a budget-friendly holiday in Canada, you can plan for January.
- February: This is peak season in Canada. As the schools go for spring break, the locals make the country crowded. Besides, as the temperature starts to rise, you can get soothing weather this time. So, you need to book flights and hotels at least 6 months before.
- March: March will also welcome you warmly. This is the time when you can enjoy the winter sports under the spring-like sunshine. The warmth of the sunshine will make you feel comfortable. March is the time when you get to see snow for the last time of a year.
- April: Summer, specifically April in Canada is not very much enjoyable as there is no snow this time. So, you can’t enjoy the winter sports. Besides, the summer sports are also not available during April. The tourist spots also remain close this time.
- May-June: If you are waiting for the best time to visit Canada, this is the time when you should plan your trip. Summer is soothing this time and the trees get new leaves. The flowers are in full bloom and a festive Canada waits for you.
- July-August: This is another peak season for tourists in Canada. Though the days are very hot this time, this is the time when the tourist attractions are open for all. You need to book hotels and flight tickets at least 6 to 9 months before.
- September- October: If you want to see colors in Canada, this is the time to visit. The forests are in their gorgeous attire and nature looks captivating this time.
- November: This is not a very good time to visit Canada. Cold and rain are predominant factors of the weather during November.
- December-January: As this is the holiday season for Christmas and the New Year, Canada is in its festive mood. If you want to be a part of it, plan early.
Ideal Duration For A Trip With Family
Actually, the duration of staying in Canada depends entirely on you. If you are on a vacation with family, each member has to go back to their regular life after a certain period. Besides, a short trip will make you repent not to get enough of Canada. So, make a plan for 7-10 days and enjoy the beauty of the city.
Best Places To Visit In Canada
1. Niagara Falls
The first thing you need to do after landing on the airport is to arrange a visit to Niagara Falls on your family trips to Canada. You will be spellbound once you visit the majestic waterfalls for the first time. Visiting Canada will not be complete without watching the biggest waterfalls in the world. It will be a magical experience, for sure.
Must Read: Let Your Kids Enjoy An Exciting Day Out At These 10 Best Zoos In Canada!
2. Jasper National Park
This is the largest National Park on the Canadian Rockies. If you are an explorer by heart, then this is the place you should head towards. You can go for hiking through Maligne Canyon for having a lifetime experience. If not then, don’t miss the whitewater rafting in the Athabasca River. Let your inner photographer be free as nature will offer you myriads of picturesque view around, especially on the Spirit Island. Besides the natural beauty, you can also visit 53 species of mammals here.
Suggested Read: 10 Top Indian Restaurants In Canada To Savor Authentic Indian Curries
3. Quebec City
Besides the natural extravaganza, the city life of Canada is really the epitome of sophistication and historic value. You can get both of this once you are in Quebec City. Visit the Citadel to experience history. You can also relax in Battlefields Park and enjoy the scenario around. If you are with your partner and want an idle walk, go to the Terrasse Dufferin.
Suggested Read: 18 Best Airports In Canada that Offer A Respite To Weary Travelers
Best Things to Do in Canada
1. Visit Ripley’s Aquarium Of Canada
Are you having a trip with kids? Then, you need to plan child-friendly holidays in Canada. This is the best place where you can head towards with your kids. The aqua world in this gigantic aquarium will make them wonder as well as you.
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
2. Hike Through The Cypress Hills
If you are an avid nature lover, a hiking experience through the Cypress Hills Interprovincial Park will give you a lifetime experience. The lakes, lush green forests and the rolling hills will mesmerize you.
Suggested Read: 10 Mosques In Canada Whose Beauty Will Overwhelm You
3. Enjoy Skiing In Fernie
Fernie is on the top of the list of tourists for nearly hundred years. This is the ideal destination for the snowmobilers where they can get the amazing experience of skiing.
Best Places to Stay in Canada
1. Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Niagara Falls
If you are looking for the best Canada family resorts to make your trip luxurious, this place must be on the top of your list. And the exciting thing is this hotel is only 13 minutes away from the Niagara Falls.
Suggested Read: 10 Must Visit Churches In Canada You Shouldn’t Miss Out
2. Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
This is the tallest tower in Vancouver with 700 ft height. This five-star retreat is full of the modern amenities to make your vacation luxurious. Don’t forget to visit their spa as they have the plushest one in the city.
3. The Wickaninnish Inn
What will appeal to you for the first time of this hotel is its location. Located on the wild west coast of Vancouver Island, the Pacific Ocean kisses the hotel day and night.
Tips to Follow While You Are in Canada
- You should never eat while walking in Canada.
- The Canadian people are known for their punctuality, so maintain that.
- Smoking in public areas has been banned. Look for the smoking zone.
- Never try to be over-familiar with anyone and avoid too much body contact.
Further Read: 10 Places To Experience The Wildlife In Canada
Hopefully, this guide for Canada trip will help you to make you plan your tour wisely now. If you are all set for to enjoy on the much-awaited family trips to Canada, then plan and customize your Canada holiday with TravelTriangle and spend the best time around.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.