They say, couple that travels together; stays together! And that answers the idea behind destination wedding and honeymoon. Couples explore places, hide in the lazy retreat, and chance upon gorgeous escapades, thus creating wonderful moments. Love blooms in the coziest spaces, which answers an escape during romantic weather and hence a honeymoon in October.
October is special because it’s the time when the fall is at its best, colors make the perfect setting and love swirls in the air. Mediterranean region, Northern Europe, and hidden islands along the East coast of Africa particularly exude cascading colors, which can be experienced in October. That’s the time when birds flee to these quaint spaces. October weather is pleasant and romantic settings make a honeymoon even more exciting. For a discerning shutterbug like you, the custom shades of autumn would give you an unbelievable backdrop for every frame. Still not sure about where to go on honeymoon in October? Read on!
16 Best Honeymoon Places In October 2019
Here is the perfect list of the most famous destinations for your honeymoon in October. Keep scrolling down and read along to know more!
- Corsica – Sweet Spot For Lovers In France
- Reunion Island – French Beauty In The Indian Ocean
- Siena – Bohemian Charm In The Heart Of Tuscany, Italy
- Reykjavik – For A Romantic Escape In Iceland
- Cairo – Egypt Flaunts The Best Of Desert & Ocean
- Mozambique – The Best Of Turquoise Honeymoon In Africa
- Maldives – Wanna Try Some Island Therapy This Fall?
- Vietnam – For The Love Of Mist & Green Hills
- Madagascar- To Explore The Wild Country
- Kenya– For A Romantic Safari
- Greece – Romancing Amidst White Walls And Blue Sea
- Sunnmøre Alps And Lofoten – Enjoy The Alpine Beauty
- California – For A Beachy Affair
- Comporta – A Great Portuguese Getaway
- Zambia – Where Wilderness Welcomes You
- Indonesia – An Encounter With The Exotic
1. Corsica – Sweet Spot For Lovers In France
For a blissful honeymoon in October plan a visit to Corsica – one of the most romantic places to visit in France. The warm water, Mediterranean climate, imposing citadels, and long coastal drives accompanied by the freshness of autumn make Corsica a hot favorite among lovebirds.
Average temperature of Corsica in October: 17-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Corsica:
- Head to Agriates Beach – one of the wildest and most romantic parts of Corsica
- Bask in the sunset views along the blue of the Mediterranean in Bonifacio
- Explore the 16th-century village of Ghisoni – known for cozy, romantic, and evocative surroundings
- Bask in the beauty of the legendary Calvi Citadel
- Take a boat trip to Scandola Nature Reserve
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Corsica: Hotel Ostella, Best Western Santa Maria, Chez Pamela, and Hotel U Capu Biancu
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
2. Reunion Island – French Beauty In The Indian Ocean
Celebrate love amidst the best of vibrant nature! Reunion Island is the perfect place for honeymoon in October. It is known for its deep rainforests, coral reefs, emerald waters, and sweeping landscapes thus making it one of the best islands for honeymoon. A territory of France, Reunion island has virgin beaches, active volcanoes, and is dotted with scenic spots to hang out. A honeymoon trip here is pretty much in the reckoning!
Average temperature of Reunion Island in October: 28-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Reunion Island:
- Wake up to the misty environs of The Cirque of Mafate
- Enjoy the bird’s eye view of the island as you go paragliding
- Take a helicopter ride above the island and enjoy the mesmerizing views of dazzling beaches, blue lagoons, coral reefs, dense forests, and waterfall around
- Enjoy the clear lagoon experience by cruising in a glass bottom boat
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Reunion Island: Palm Hotel & Spa, Le Battant des Lames, Lux Hotels, Lodge Roche Tamarin, and Le Cap at Boucan Canot Hotel
Suggested Read: 10 Best Islands In Europe For Honeymoon
3. Siena – Bohemian Charm In The Heart Of Tuscany, Italy
One of the most scenic ancient cities, Siena is a gorgeous collection of ancient architecture, open-air museum, bohemian charm, art and exuding romantic vibes. A favorite destination for a honeymoon in October, Siena, located in the heart of Tuscany, can be easily distinguished by the ancient brick structures making the labyrinth of the city. If you are looking for the best tropical destinations for honeymoon in October, then Siena will turn out to be great!
The best of October honeymoon destinations have perfect weather to set your aspirations. Pick from a number of romantic activities that include exploring a museum, enjoying romantic dining while munching on authentic Tuscan cuisine, and basking in the beautiful colors of the fall!
Average temperature of Siena in October: 22-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Siena:
- Lay your hands a Tuscan wine bottle or go on a wine tasting tour
- Stop by to explore the sweeping views of the hill-top town in Val d’Orcia
- Enter the magical world of Divina Bellezza
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Siena: Grand Hotel Continental, Castello Delle Quattro Torra, and Hotel Garden
4. Reykjavik – For A Romantic Escape In Iceland
A hot favorite October honeymoon destination in Europe, Reykjavik is a dreamy fantasy and every couple’s fancy. Plan a honeymoon in October to Iceland prettified by beautiful nature, Northern Lights, and exceptional stays and make your stay worthwhile. October is the time when the island nation is not freezing thus making a cozy retreat for lovebirds.
Average temperature of Reykjavik in October: 7-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Reykjavik:
- Plan an excursion to Aurora Reykjavik Northern Lights Center
- Experience the hot tubs and steam bath at Nautholsvik Geothermal Beach
- Attend the Icelandic Opera
- Take the Ishetar riding tours 15 minutes from the city at the Riding Centre in Hafnarfjörður
- Visit the Imagine Peace Tower
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Reykjavik: Hotel Holt, Eyja Guldsmeden Hotel, Kvosin Downtown Hotel, and Hotel Borg by Keahotels
5. Cairo – Egypt Flaunts The Best Of Desert & Ocean
With river Nile running through, Mediterranean guarding the northern frontier, and Pyramids dotting the vast deserts, Egypt’s capital city is a fancy place to be. A multitude of exciting things to do make Egypt one of the best honeymoon spots in October.
Average temperature of Cairo in October: 30-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Cairo:
- Enjoy the romantic camel ride into the sunset
- Ride a romantic cruise on the Nile from Aswan to Luxor
- Go for a romantic day out in Al Azhar Park
- Watch opera house performances
- Catch the light and sound show live at the Pyramids
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Cairo: Four Seasons Hotel Cairo, Steigenberger Makadi Hotel, Premier Le Reve Hotel & Spa (Adults Only), and Cleopatra Luxury Resort Sharm El Sheikh
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
Real honeymooners. Real stays. Real opinions to help you make the right choice.
6. Mozambique – The Best Of Turquoise Honeymoon In Africa
The offbeat African nation located off the east coast along the Indian Ocean is a fancy destination for couples looking for best places to honeymoon in October. Mozambique, with its coral studded coastline, uninhabited islands, mangrove covered land, and a diverse marine park has every reason to be counted as a popular honeymoon destination in the African continent.
Wake up to the most spectacular sunrise, and bask in the moments at secluded resorts tucked in the deserted islands. Mozambique is a hidden paradise awaiting glory!
Average temperature of Mozambique in October: 28-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Mozambique:
- Wake up to the most spectacular sunrise view
- Enjoy water sports and experience marine life from close quarters
- Take a helicopter ride to Quirimbas Archipelago
- Go kayaking through the mangroves
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Mozambique: Azura Quilalea Resort, Bahia Mar Boutique Hotel, Coral Lodge, andBeyond Benguerra Lodge
7. Maldives – Wanna Try Some Island Therapy This Fall?
One of the best honeymoon destinations in October, Maldives is a blistering blue delight for lovely couples. Home to exciting honeymoon resorts, gazillion coral reefs, romantic spa, and underwater wonders, Maldives has the perfect setup and wonderful atmosphere to woo your partner on a romantic date.
Dine by the vastness of the sea and make the best of the leisure moments on the offbeat beaches looking straight out of a picture postcard! It’s in the month of October that Maldives transforms into an exclusively romantic haven and offers ultimate love therapy to all the lovebirds. Plan your Maldives honeymoon now!!
Average temperature of Maldives in October: 27-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Maldives:
- Take a romantic massage at One&Only Reethi Rah, Six Senses Laamu, or PER AQUUM Huvafen Fushi
- Go underwater dining at Ithaa underwater aquarium restaurant
- Mesmerize yourself at the glow-in-the-dark-beach
- Sail into the sunset on a yacht
- Watch an outdoor cinema at Latitude beach
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Maldives: Soneva Fushi, Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Shangri-La Villingili Resort & Spa, and Four Seasons Resort Maldives
Suggested Read: 10 Best Resorts in Maldives For Honeymoon
8. Vietnam – For The Love Of Mist & Green Hills
Clear skies, scant rainfall, and ideal conditions for outdoor activities tempt you to plan a romantic trip to Vietnam. The Southeast Asian nation is sparsely covered in deep rainforests and outlined by gorgeous beaches and well-adorned surroundings overlooking magnificent sunrise.
No wonder why a honeymoon in October here makes an ideal prospect for all the honeymooners. To top it all the authentic seafood and magnificent structures from ancient times make honeymoon in Vietnam a once in a lifetime experience.
Average temperature of Vietnam in October: 19-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Vietnam:
- Enjoy a water puppet show
- Experience the best of nature from Long Bien Bridge
- Go boating and caving in Halong Bay
- Take a tour of tropical forest, underground river, limestone karsts, and network of caves in Phong Nha-Kẻ Bàng National Park
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Vietnam: Banyan Tree Lang Co, Fusion Maia, and L’ Alyana Ninh Van Bay
9. Madagascar – To Explore The Wild Country
Madagascar in the Southeast Coast of Africa can prove to be a rare honeymoon destination. The is a great place to visit in the month of October as the weather is dry but not very hot. Track down some Lemurs and other wilds in the Vakona Forest. Enjoy swimming and relaxing in the pristine beaches. Madagascar is counted among the best honeymoon destinations in October on a budget that you can visit!
Average temperature of Madagascar in October: 25-degree Celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Madagascar:
- Enjoy the funky – romantic forest safari
- Spend some quality time in wonderful coastal lodges
- Relax availing massage services in your luxury lodge/li>
- Go on a fun bird-watching day out, spotting some birds from the 250 endemic bird species
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Madagascar: Anjajavi Lodge, Princesse Bora Lodge, Relais De La Reine, Vakona Lodge, Manafiafy Lodge
10. Kenya – For A Romantic Safari
The East African country, Kenya has a huge number of migratory wild animals around this time of the year. If your are an adventure-seeking couple Kenya can be a good deal for you. October is also the best time to stay in some of the most romantic safari lodges in the world.
Average temperature of Kenya in October: 20-28-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Kenya:
- Relax on the best honeymoon beaches in Kenya like Diani Beach
- Get pampered at the spa Africa’s leading spa resorts
- Explore the forest and each other by staying in luxury camps
- Enjoy a private and romantic beach dinner at Diani Beach
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Kenya: Elephant Bedroom Camp, Elsa’s Kopje, Mara Explorer Camp, The Residence – Diani Beach
11. Greece – Romancing Amidst White Walls And Blue Sea
This country is known for its historical as well as mythological significance and is one of the most favorite honeymoon destinations. The lip-smacking food, vibrant culture, and awe-striking natural setting are simply enough to steal your heart. Your honeymoon here will surely be a romantically memorable experience.
Average temperature of Greece in October: 19-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Greece:
- Take a pleasurable stroll in Karavastasi Village
- Sail to one of the hidden attractions of Greece, Sifnos Island
- Go for a swimming session at the Red Beach, lying in Santorini
- Cruise around in one of the yachts
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Greece: Anemi Hotel, Elies Resort
12. Sunnmøre Alps And Lofoten – Enjoy The Alpine Beauty
These two lie in Western Norway and are a must visit if you are traveling to this region of the country. At Sunnmøre Alps, you can enjoy a great time with each other for a memorable honeymoon experience in Norway. The views that you’ll get here are breathtaking. Lofoten, an archipelago in the country of Norway too will sweep you off your feet owing to the mesmerising view! During the month of October, it will be quite cold but you two can enjoy a hot cup of cocoa in the blanket while enjoying the view.
Average temperature of Sunnmøre Alps and Lofoten in October: 6-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Sunnmøre Alps and Lofoten:
- Skiing together can be a fun activity to indulge yourself in
- Going for a guided hiking tour
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Sunnmøre Alps and Lofoten: Manshausen, Stranda Hotel, Storfjord Hotel
13. California – For A Beachy Affair
The natural beauty of California is enough to entice you to plan your honeymoon there. There’s a lot you can do in this part of the States. With the amazing amazing cultural setup here, you will never want to leave this place. From trying out adventurous activities to cruising your way through the seas, there are numerous things you can get indulged in.
Average temperature of California in October: 18-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in California:
- Spending some nights at the beach town, Montecito
- Visit the courthouse in Santa Barbara and get picture clicked at the top
- Cruise your heart out
- Enjoy the mesmerising views while you’re on Nacimiento Trail
Romantic stays for honeymooners in California: Post Ranch Inn, Montecito Inn, SeaVenture Beach Hotel, The Meritage Resort and Spa
14. Comporta – A Great Portuguese Getaway
If you’re seeking a peaceful and relaxing honeymoon in Portugal, then Comporta is the place for you. Unlike Ibiza, the village of Comporta is less crowded and you two will get a chance to spend some quality time with each other, away from the bustling party life of the city. Here, you can enjoy the awe-striking views of the sea and make amazing memories with your significant other.
Average temperature of Comporta in October: 21-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Comporta:
- Enjoy at the beach for a refreshing experience
- Go for surfing or kayaking
- Ride on horseback alongside beach
- Try the famous cocktails together
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Comporta: AquaLuz Tróia, Sublime Comporta, Tróia Design Hotel, Casas da Comporta
15. Zambia – Where Wilderness Welcomes You
This country is in East Africa and is considered to be one of the favorites amongst honeymooners because of the majestic wildlife and breathtaking views. Naturally, the safaris here are the highlights of this place and trying them with your significant other is a must. The landscapes here will make your travel experience unforgettable and you will definitely want to come back here and enjoy the beauty of nature again!
Average temperature of Zambia in October: 30-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Zambia:
- Wildlife safari to witness various species
- Visit the falls and Devil’s Pool for a thrilling experience
- Go for canoeing and freshwater fishing
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Zambia: Tongabezi Lodge, Time + Tide Chongwe Camp, Chinzombo
16. Indonesia – An Encounter With The Exotic
As we all know, the country of Indonesia is one of the most-visited honeymoon destinations in the world and thus it had to be added to the list. The exotic vibe of this Southeast Asian country make for a great romantic holiday experience that would be hard to forget. Speaking of exotic vibes, the island of Bali is a must visit for honeymooners – the azure water, lush greenery, and welcoming locals will make you want to extend your honeymoon period.
Average temperature of Indonesia in October: 27-degree celsius
Suggested romantic activities for honeymooners in Indonesia:
- Witnessing the breathtaking sunset at Tanah Lot Temple
- Relaxing on the beaches in Bali
- Spending quality time in and around Uluwatu Temple
- Enjoy your time at waterparks
Romantic stays for honeymooners in Indonesia: Viceroy Bali, Kamandalu Ubud, Four Seasons Resort Bali
Further Read: Must Try Experiences For A Perfect Honeymoon In Maldives
October stands for awesome! It’s the time for amazing honeymoon couples to slip into a cozy retreat and bask in the beauty of the secluded surroundings. Plan your love tour to any of these honeymoon destinations in October. Let love prevail!
Frequently Asked Questions About Honeymoon In October
Q. Where should we honeymoon in October in India?
A. There’s a lot to explore when it comes to traveling in India. Some of the places that are ideal for honeymooners are:
Q. How long is the average honeymoon?
A. It is suggested that a honeymoon should be planned for around 10 to 14 days – this gives you enough time to spend quality time with your partner in an unknown land and you can even explore most of the places there.
People Also Read
Looking To Book Your Honeymoon Package?
Book memorable honeymoon on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.