Are you recently married and looking for a cozy place to make your honeymoon a memorable one? Well, you are reading the right write-up then! Just take a peek and get to know the best honeymoon places in Maharashtra. Maharashtra is one of the places in India, which is known for its amazing forts and hill-stations. Spending time with your spouse at these locations would give you memories to cherish throughout your life.
These hill-stations are quiet and quaint, and it allows you to spend some quality time together. Going out on an evening stroll or jogging together in the early mornings, though a small activity, it can give you a lot of happiness. Apart from spending time together all by yourself, you can also choose to go out and visit a few nearby attractions here. Apart from the best honeymoon destinations in Maharashtra, there are also a lot of other places that are rich in history and culture.
9 Best Honeymoon Places In Maharashtra
So, if you are looking for a destination for your honeymoon in Maharashtra, here is the list! Take a look at these honeymoon spots in Maharashtra and surprise your spouse today.
Enjoy the pleasant weather of Lonavala with your spouse on your honeymoon. The misty fog and the majestic views of the lush green peaks will take your breath away at once. This is one of the loveliest honeymoon spots in Maharashtra. Tucked deep in the laps of the Sahyadri hills, Lonavala is an amazing place for honeymooners.
- The peanut cakes (Chikkis) are to be tasted when you are here
- Visit the ancient Karla and Bhaja caves
- Duke’s nose is one of the best trekking spots
- Sunset at Lion’s Point is mesmeric
The mesmerizing views of this planned city of Lavasa will leave anyone enchanted. Lavasa city is planned to keep the Italian style of architecture and colony in mind. Spending time amidst this dreamy, well-planned place with your spouse and going on long walks and strolls can be an ideal thing to do here during your honeymoon, at one of the best honeymoon places in Maharashtra.
- Go on a gastronomical tour at Lakeside Promenade center
- Catch the beautiful sight of the city from the Temghar dam
- Visit Bamboosa and get to know the history behind the bamboo products
Suggested Read: 20 Best Villas In Lonavala To Spend A Luxe Vacation In The Hills
The famous Bollywood movie, Ghulam, would come to the minds of all the honeymooners when they see the name, Khandala. This is one of the classiest and the best places for honeymoon in Maharashtra. Visiting this hill-station with your spouse is going to make you fall in love both with the place and your spouse again. Apart from romance, this place offers adventurous activities that one can enjoy when they are here.
- Try rock climbing at the Tiger’s Leap
- Take a walk at the Bhushi Lake admiring the beauty of nature
- Take a tour to the Lohgad Fort
Suggested Read: 11 Finest Places To Visit In Lonavala In Rainy Season In 2020
Planning your honeymoon to Kamshet can be one of the best decisions to make when you are charting down the best honeymoon destinations in Maharashtra. Catching the glimpses of the paragliders going high in the sky and enjoying the sweeping views of the city can be a perfect thing to enjoy with your spouse. This is one of the places where romance can get adventurous and exciting.
Things to do in Kamshet
- Step out to Shinde wadi hills to get some great paragliding experience under the guidance of expert trainers.
- Enjoy the most scenic views at Pawna Lake
- Visit the ancient caves of Bhedsa and get to know the history
Planning your honeymoon but confused about where to go? These honeymoon stories help you find your best honeymoon trip ever!
The fashion capital of India, Mumbai is one of the best places for honeymoon in Maharashtra. Right from enjoying a lavish and luxurious vacation with your partners, one can explore this city and go gaga over the attractions here. From hopping temples and seeking blessings, to hopping pubs to enjoy the nightlife here. There is quite a lot to do in Mumbai, making it an ideal honeymoon spot in Maharashtra.
- Go on a gastronomical tour and binge on the delicious street food for a unique experience
- Visit the most famous temple of Shrimanth Ganpati and seek blessings.
- Shopping in Mumbai is a must when you plan a honeymoon here.
Pune is yet another place that can be counted in the list of best honeymoon destinations in Maharashtra. Pune has a lot to offer to all. This is the land of forts, and you can spend all day taking a tour of those forts. If you and your partner love adventure, you must then try trekking because this place mesmerizes you with the most beautiful trails to explore.
- Visit the Halwai Ganapathi temple and seek blessings
- Try out the most delicious food at the Deccan Gymkhana
- Experience the most arduous treks like the Kalsubai Peak Trek, and Rajmachi Fort trek
- Take a tour of Shaniwarwada and click some amazing photographs in the Baaji Rao Mastani poses.
If you are looking for a beach destination as your honeymoon spot in Maharashtra then, Alibag tops the list. This is one of the best honeymoon destinations in Maharashtra that one can choose to travel to. The perfect ambiance of the beach, the roaring waves, and the cool breeze can make every moment of your stay special. Known as “Mini-Goa,” Alibag offers a plethora of activities to everyone, and honeymooners can enjoy every bit of it to the fullest.
Things to do
- Walking on the soft sands of the beaches
- Watching the sunset at the beaches
- Enjoying a stay in some of the best and the posh resorts
- Become an instant nature photographer
Mahabaleshwar is one of the most frequented destinations by a lot of people. The beauty and the serene surroundings, the dense forests of the Western Ghats covering the entire area, is an abode to a lot of animals and birds. Watching the lush green trees and enjoying every bit of nature is the best way to spend time with your partner. Apart from that, Mahabaleshwar also offers various other activities.
Things to do
- Visit the top attractions like Mapro Garden and the Elephant’s Head point and
- Sit by the lake and breathing the purest air and bask in nature
- Visit the historical Pratapgad battle site
If you are planning for a colorful and memorable honeymoon vacation with your spouse, then go to Panchgani in Maharashtra. This is one of the loveliest honeymoon spots in Maharashtra because of the surroundings and the location. There are a lot of attractions in Panchgani, and visiting these places would create a lot of unfading memories for a lifetime. Being one of the best honeymoon destinations in Maharashtra, you must certainly look forward to a surreal experience here.
Things to do
- Go to Kate’s Point early in the morning and enjoy the fog
- KAAS plateau is a must-visit when you are here
- Table Land is yet another attraction that you must go to when you are in Panchgani for your honeymoon
Well, these are some of the best honeymoon places in Maharashtra that would not make your honeymoon just a romantic one but also a memorable one. The places listed here are extremely beautiful, and they offer some of the most enriching experiences for couples. The scenic views and the ambiance create a perfect mood. So, for all the newly married couples, book a honeymoon trip to Maharashtra and make your honeymoon the best one!
Frequently Asked Questions About Honeymoon Places In Maharashtra
A. Yes, there are a lot of luxurious resorts, hotels, and home-stays in Maharashtra.
A. Yes, during the peak season – October to March, it is important to book the accommodations well in advance.
A. Every season has its own charm but, visiting Maharashtra during post-monsoon and winter season is the best time.
A. Yes, it is! However, it is recommended to stay cautious at all times and be aware of the surroundings and people.
A. Yes, one can binge on street food in Maharashtra. Apart from that, there are a lot of other multi-cuisine restaurants that offer the best food options.
A. Yes, Maharashtra has good transportation facilities and it is easy to get around and transfer from one city to another.
A. Yes, the public transport systems in Maharashtra are safe and frequent.
Looking To Book An International Honeymoon?
People Also Read: