This is hands down the best time to apply for a Laos visa for Indians. Why, you ask? Thailand and Vietnam are passé, the often-overlooked Laos is slowly but consistently emerging as a top favorite holiday destination for Indian tourists in the Southeast Asian region. Once you’re done admiring the country’s diverse topography, Instagram-worthy waterfall hikes, and world-class handicrafts, you can go through our extensive guide to get all the information regarding Laos visa for Indians.
Laos Visa For Indians On Arrival
Obtaining a Laos visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 30 days is the most convenient, cheapest and time-saving alternative. Indian travelers can get a visa on arrival from any of the international checkpoints or the border checkpoint of Mittaphab Bridge. This procedure is organized, hassle-free and can take between 10 minutes to an hour depending on the tourist traffic. The Laos visa fees for Indian citizens at air or land crossings is INR 2179/-.
Where To Get It
We suggest you to decline the numerous offers by travel agents to handle your visa application in India since most of these services are scams. Here’s a complete list of international airports in Laos where a Laos visa on arrival for Indian citizens can be obtained at any time of the day:
- Wattay International Airport, Laos
- Pakse International Airport, Laos
- Savannakhet Airport, Laos
- Luang Prabang Airport, Laos
Suggested Read: Laos Food: 7 Delicious Delicacies You Must Try
The documents required for applying for a visa vary according to the type of visa. The mandatory documentation that is required to be submitted for procuring a Laos visa on arrival for Indian citizens is listed below. Please make sure to go through it:
- A passport with at least 6 months validity. There should also be at least 2 unused pages in it for exit and entry stamps.
- Xerox copy of the passport’s first and last page.
- A filled visa application form.
- A recent headshot photograph of the size 4X6 centimeters. If you wear specs, you’re advised to use transparent lenses since photographs of people wearing colored lenses are mostly rejected.
- Proof of funds amounting to living expenses in Laos.
Laos Visa For Indians In Advance
If you wish to remain in Laos for longer than 30 days, you should ideally apply for Laos visa for Indian nationals before you leave. You can apply for a Laos visa for Indian passport holders from the Laos embassy in India. You’ll ideally be granted up to a 60-day stay.
Where To Get It
Having a visa in advance means that you can bypass some of the queues at the border. We suggest you to factor in how many days you’ll be staying at Laos to avoid getting penalized for unintended overstay. You can contact the Laos Embassy in India for getting a visitor visa in advance. The Laos visa fees for Indian citizens, if applied for in advance, is INR 2687/-.
To contact the Laos Embassy in India:
Embassy of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
S – 420, Greater Kailash, Part II
New Delhi – 110 048
Visa Submission Time: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM & 2 PM – 4 PM
Visa Collection Time: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM & 2 PM – 4 PM
When applying for a Laos visa for Indians in advance, you will have to submit some required documents as part of the application process, Please note that all of the required documentation listed below in the checklist is mandatory for all applicants:
- A passport with 10-year validity and 6 months validity from the time of departure, along with a minimum of 2 unused pages in it for entry and exit stamps.
- A filled visa application form.
- Three recent passport size photos. The photo should strictly be of the size of 4X6 centimeters and ideally, have at least 80% of the area covered with the face.
- For a business visit, a cover letter on the letterhead of your company stating the purpose and the length of the visit.
- Personal bank statement of last three months duly stamped by the bank. Your minimum account balance should ideally be INR 50000/-.
- Proof of accommodation in Laos along with arrival and return air ticket.
After going through our extensive guide, we hope you are convinced that getting a Laos visa for Indians is as easy as ordering a pizza. No hassles, no stress. Let nothing stop you now from booking a trip to Laos and experiencing its vibrant culture and sophisticated cultural heritage.
Frequently Asked Questions About Laos Visa For Indians
A. Yes, Indian passport holders can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum of 30 days for Laos.
A. The amount to be paid for the Laos visa is approximately INR 2179. If applying for an advance visa, it might cost INR 2700.
A. Indians can obtain it from any of the international checkpoints or the border checkpoint of Mittaphab Bridge. It is hassle-free. Wattay International Airport, Pakse International Airport, Savannakhet Airport, and Luang Prabang Airport in Laos are the checkpoints to receive the Visa for Laos on arrival.
A. A passport with six months validity, an application form filled, passport-size photographs, and the proof of funds for living expenses in Laos are the necessary documents required for the Visa.
A. The validity of the passport should be ten years and six months from the time of departure. It should be valid throughout the entire stay in Laos.
A. An amount of INR 2700 is the decided amount for getting the visa for Laos. It may vary from time to time.
A. INR 50000 should ideally be the minimum bank account balance of an Indian citizen seeking a visa to Laos.
A. Embassy of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, S-420, Greater Kailash, Part-II, New Delhi-110048. This is the complete address of the Laos Embassy in India.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read: