Prague is undoubtedly the most exquisite tourist destination in the world. It is swarmed with tourists from across the world, especially during the autumn season. People from every nook and corner of the world visit this place to enjoy the spectacular architecture of the monumental buildings and also the pleasant weather. October is the perfect month to visit this wonderful place as the airfares and the local stay rates reduce drastically and many events and festivals take place during this month. This guide is aimed at giving a detailed information about visiting Prague in October.
Weather In Prague In October
The weather in Prague and Budapest in October is more or less like autumn. The daytime is quite warm while the nights and early mornings are quite chilly. As the sun sets below the horizon, the chilly winds start setting in.
The whole of October month is pretty dry and very comfortable for travelling to different places within Prague. Average afternoon Prague temperature in October is about 56℉ and the lowest temperature during the night is about 39℉.
Things To Do In Prague In October
There are many things to indulge in Prague during the month of October. Exciting fashion events, lip-smacking street food, and much more can be enjoyed during the autumn season in this region. Here are a few things to do in Prague in October which must be tried out by every traveler and explorer.
1. International Jazz Festival
This is one of the best music concerts in Prague in October and must be visited by every music lover who is in Prague in October. This classic music festival offers opportunities to witness spectacular live Jazz music as well as fusion music. Wonderful jazz musicians ranging from beginners to highly experienced level perform during this festival making it one of the highly acclaimed music festivals. It is conducted annually and the best part of this music festival is that it is totally free of cost.
Suggested Read: Shopping In Prague: 5 Places To Feed The Shopaholic In You!
2. Designblok Festival
One may think that the Czech people aren’t that well versed with the latest style and fashion. Well, attending the Designblok Festival will prove everyone wrong. Several budding young designers curate world class clothing and other designer accessories which are at par with the international fashion designs. Every year in the month of October this festival is held at different places throughout Prague.
It is a new age vanity fair and one should definitely not miss attending this event when in Prague in October. The kind of fashion commodities sold during this event includes lighting, furnishing and clothing. Fashion designs of all forms are put on display in this event in Prague in October.
Suggested Read: 6 Cool Beaches In Prague For Some Sun, Sand And Dash Of Fun
3. View The Beauty Of Prague
Prague undoubtedly looks its best during the autumn season which generally falls in the month of October. The truly mesmerizing views of this entire region can be enjoyed from the Petrin Hill Observation Tower which is a place specifically designated to view the beauty of Prague. This famous viewpoint is located near the well known Prague Castle and wonderful scenic city views can be enjoyed from here. The couples and honeymooners get drawn to this place as it offers the best of natural beauty in a tranquil and peaceful surrounding.
4. National Gallery Exhibitions
One shouldn’t miss checking out the National Gallery Exhibitions which takes place in the city during the month of October. This event includes many exhibits of famous paintings made by well known artists. The exhibits are mainly inspired by contemporary art including The Towering Inferno, East Asian Art, Fire of Trade Palace, Homage to Michelangelo and Lady with a Muff. The Museum of Decorative Arts also hosts an incredible exhibition of beautiful art pieces made by talented artists during October month. Here, one can even get a chance to check out the beautiful pieces from the Bohemian Glass Collection as well.
Suggested Read: 20 Things To Do In Prague: Key To An Apt European Vacay
5. Autumn Festival: Enjoying The Spring!
This is one of the well-known music festivals at Prague in October which started in the year 1996 and has been a famous event ever since. It is organised by a combined group including the National Theatre, National Museum, Vaclav & Dagmar Havel Foundation, Czech Philharmonic, and VIZE 97. Since so many prestigious organizations are involved in the conduction of the event it is held in the most exquisite theatre halls of Prague. One can witness the foot-tapping melodies of Classical and Jazz music fusion which makes for a unique and fun filled experience. The tickets for this event are sold out very soon and therefore it is a once in a lifetime opportunity which must not be missed for any reason.
Suggested Read: Wandering Beyond Prague: 5 Day-trips For A Dreamy Czech Escape
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
Tips For Visiting Prague In October
If one is planning on visiting Prague in October, the following tips will definitely help in planning and mapping out a hassle free touring experience:
- During the month of October, the opening hours of many must visit tourist destinations and attractions are shortened and due to this many days trips from Prague to nearby places is not very worthwhile as by the time one reaches the destination there is a high possibility of it being closed. So, in case one plans on visiting the nearby destinations, they should check out and confirm the timings of the operation beforehand.
- When the temperature drops during the October evenings, the local street food like tradeline pastries, roasted meats, baked potatoes, and the traditional beer must be relished for a wholesome experience.
- If in case it is raining in the city or it is too cold on a particular day, skip the outdoor excursions and head to the famous art galleries and museums which the city proudly accommodates.
- No trip is complete without a little bit of retail therapy. Try visiting the many local Czech commodity shops which sell traditional Czech handicrafts which make for a great souvenir or a gift for loved ones back home.
- Layering the clothing is best suited when in this region as the weather can suddenly become hot or cold.
One must do a thorough research about what’s on in Prague in October for a hassle free trip.
What To Pack When Visiting Prague In October
It can be quite tricky to pack for a trip to Prague in October as the weather is quite unpredictable at times. Following are a few essentials which shouldn’t be missed out on.
- The evenings, night, and the early mornings can be quite chilly and one must make sure that they get sufficient warm clothing on their trip to Prague in October.
- Pack a lightweight scarf or a cashmere wrap which can be easily packed in your backpack for short day trips in Prague, and can be easily taken out whenever required.
- Short durations of warm weather can also be experienced in Prague during the month of October, so one should pack summer clothing as well along with a few warm additions like a jacket.
- Pack comfortable walking shoes or ankle length boots for comfortably walking around the city streets.
- A moisturiser and a chapstick are essentials as the atmosphere is quite dry during the month of October in Prague.
- A camera is a must for clicking picturesque photos of the surrounding autumn scenes.
- Passport and other essential documents must be packed securely.
Visiting Prague in October is one of the best things one can do for an exquisite holiday. Get a chance to visit this wondrous city full of fun filled experiences by planning your vacation in Prague here through Travel Triangle.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Prague In October
When is the best time to visit Prague?
The month of October is the best time to visit Prague as the best of events take place in Prague during this month and even the weather is ideal.
What are the other nearby popular destinations which can be easily reached from Prague?
The nearby interesting places which can be easily reached from Prague are Cesky Krumlov, Kutna Hora, and Vienna, to name a few.
Is Prague a safe place for tourists?
Prague is overall a safe place for all the visiting tourists, but one should be beware of pickpockets while visiting the major tourist attraction spots.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.