“Udaipur & Mt. Abu were really refreshing for us! A mix of heritage, culture, & nature – our romantic escapade to Rajasthan was a surreal affair!”
My wife and I were initially planning to visit Kerala but since I was unable to take out time for such a long trip, we settled in for a honeymoon trip to Udaipur & Mt. Abu (as suggested by friends). TravelTriangle too, was recommended by a few friends and I am glad I took their advice since my booking experience with them was really good!
After understanding my travel requirements, a TravelTriangle representative connected me to various agents on board who sent us various quotes and itineraries. I chose the best one from “Roam” and was now all set for the trip. One more thing, the whole payment procedure was pretty smooth and assuring since they divided my amount in three installments and were even fine when a delay happened in one of them.
Here’s my Rajasthan trip details and itinerary:
Trip type: Honeymoon
Cost: INR 17,500
Inclusions: Hotel, Sightseeing, Breakfast, and Transfers
Exclusions: Other meals, activities not included in package
Day 1: Arrival in Udaipur – transfer to hotel and check in – sightseeing in Udaipur
Day 2: Breakfast at hotel – sightseeing in Udaipur via private cab
Day 3: Breakfast at hotel – checkout – sightseeing enroute to Mt. Abu – arrival in Mt Abu and hotel check in
Day 4: Breakfast at hotel – sightseeing – hotel check out – transfer to Udaipur railway station
Sightseeing in Udaipur: Love at first sight!
We reached Udaipur early in the morning (by train from Delhi) and were welcomed by our driver who transferred us to our hotel – Tiger Hotel. The driver was a fine fellow and an excellent guide who kept on telling us various tidbits about the destination on our way to the hotel. After check in, the driver briefed us about the sightseeing in Udaipur that we would be doing today. He then left, giving us a full hour to rest before we began exploring the best places in Udaipur!
Places near Udaipur that we visited:
- City Palace: This was a great experience and we loved its vibe since the weather was great. Boating here too was an awesome experience and was certainly the highlight of the day.
- Jagdishwar Temple: Once again, a delightful architectural experience – this place had a very positive vibe around it and was also filled with foreign tourists!
- Lake Pichola: In the evening, we visited the famous lake Pichola and sat their witnessing the sunset. It was a very romantic and pleasant experience that will forever be etched in our memories!
Post this, we had our dinner and then called it a night.
Day 2: Witnessing the marvels of Haldighati – Witnessing royalty and war stories!
Suggested Read: 10 Exhilarating Things To Do In Udaipur For Tourists Of All Ages
Today we visited even more places in Udaipur. Since our driver had already briefed us about the day’s plan in the morning, we were timely done with our breakfast and left for sightseeing on time.
We visited the Haldighati pass which was around 40 km away from Udaipur and was full of interesting places to see.
Places near Haldighati that we visited:
- Chetak Palace: This was a memorial for Chetak, the battle horse of Maharana Pratap in the war against Mughals. It is a 10 minute visit which takes you back to your history books! A fine tribute to the valiant animal that served the king so loyally!
- Maharana Pratap Museum: This is a must visit museum for all. It is divided into sections and each section takes shows you the life and times of the great Rajput king! There are sound and light shows which make up for a great overall experience!
- Sajjangarh Fort: Also known as Monsoon Palace, this was fort was built in the honour of the monsoons and offers great views of the aravali mountains. Watching the sunset here was a truly special and beautiful experience – not to forget, we were accompanied by monkeys too.
- Saheliyon ki Bari: Also known as Garden of Maidens, this is a beautiful garden that is well maintained and full of beautiful flowers. The history behind it is magnificent!
- Fateh Sagar Lake: Situated in Udaipur, our later part of the evening was spent here and it was truly calming. The lake situated between the hills offered us a splendid view and a romantic ambience.
Post our lake visit, we had our dinner and then retired for the night.
Day 3: A delightful experience in Mount Abu
Suggested Read: Rajasthan Trip: The Royal Twist To A Normal Tale
We were to go to Mt. Abu today for a 1 night stay and so post our breakfast in the morning, our driver picked us up and we left for the hill station. The road journey was a smooth one and on our way, we stopped to explore the Kumbhalgarh Fort. Again, an architectural delight, this fort took us back in time while we were there. Later, we continued our journey and reached Mt. Abu in the evening.
Our hotel here was again a nice one and had splendid views. After check in, we rested for half an hour and then proceeded onto visit Lake Nakki. This was a beautiful experience since the weather was perfect – not too cold, not too hot, and sitting here with my wife elevated the whole charm of the scene. Later on, we also visited a nearby temple, had dinner and then called it a night.
Day 4: Visiting the incredible temples in Mount Abu
Suggested Read: 10 Enthralling Places To Visit In Mount Abu
We spent quite a lot of time today visiting temples in Mt. Abu. These included Guru Shikhar Temple and Dilwara temple which were both quite enjoyable to see. We also went to the Brahma Kumaris Ashram and felt a serene and positive vibe here.
It is worth noting that although, we did not have any guide with us, our driver knew everything about all the places and he was gracious enough to help us with our sightseeing in Mt. Abu and Udaipur both.
By 2:30, we had visited all the best places in Mt. Abu and so we left to Udaipur to catch our train to Delhi. It took us 3 hours to reach – well in time for our train.
The trip had ended, but both the delightful places of Rajasthan had left an impact on us. Udaipur and Mt. Abu certainly showed us the royal charm of the past and the beauty of Rajasthan. Needless to say all these factors perfectly complemented our special holiday making it an experience that we shall remember forever!
Things we loved on our trip: Sajjangarh Fort, Nakki lake, Lake pichola, and the overall royal vibe of Rajasthan
Tips for travelers:
- Mt. Abu is a must visit for all especially in Jan or 1st week of February since the weather during this time is amazing (neither too hot nor too cold).
- Also Sajjangarh Fort is one offbeat fort that everyone should visit since it’s much better than the common attractions like Kumbhalgarh Fort.
You too can witness the amazing attractions of Rajasthan on your romantic trip! Simply book your customizable Rajasthan honeymoon package here