The luscious waves of an ocean, the azure waters of a sea, and the playful rivers, they all are symbols of love and romance. If you think your love is as deep as an ocean and as pure as a river, then your true abode is a gorgeous island encircled with water for miles and miles. I think all the hopeless-romantics have already started dreaming about spending their vacation with their loved one on one of these heart shaped islands. Although some of the islands are uninhabited, their beauty makes them worth visiting.
10 Heart Shaped Islands To Visit
Here are some of the most astounding heart shaped islands in the world that will take your breath away with the phenomenal beauty and picturesque landscapes.
- Kleine Muritz, Germany – Snuggled amid a deep blue tinged lake
- Blueberry Island, Canada – a heart-shaped island you can gift
- Harbor Island, USA – A peaceful island not far away from the shore
- Isla Corazon, Argentina – Embraced by tranquil turquoise lake
- Heart Reef, Australia – Behold it from the helicopter
- Dao Island, Philippines – The unspoiled heart island
- Galesnjak, Croatia – Fame courtesy Google Earth
- Anfi del Mar Resort, Spain – Where fun and activities await
- Makepeace Island, Australia – Peace and romance here, exclusively for you
- Tavarua Island, Fiji – A heart-shaped island with full-fledged resort
10. Kleine Muritz, Germany – Snuggled amid a deep blue tinged lake
A heart-shaped islet flourishing with vegetation, yes, we’re talking about Kleine Muritz Lake’s island. The greens contrasting with the deep blue tinge of the lake create a soulful panorama, something you both can glance at throughout the day.
9. Blueberry Island, Canada – A heart-shaped island you can gift
This island is on sale! Gifting flowers and chocolates have gone old school, it’s time to redefine romance by gifting Blueberry Island in Canada to your special person. You don’t need words to express you love anymore if you can afford to buy this island.
8. Harbor Island, USA – A peaceful island not far away from the shore
Owned by a state-wide land conservation organization, Harbor island is a forested heart-shaped island. Its natural beauty has been preserved, and you can find sheer tranquility here.
7. Isla Corazon, Argentina – Embraced by tranquil turquoise lake
One of the most beautiful heart-shaped islands in the world is Isla Corazon, located amidst the emerald color Mascardi Lake. Covered entirely with mangrove trees, the island’s best view can be seen from the East side of the lake.
6. Heart Reef, Australia – Behold it from the helicopter
A heart-shaped coral reef in Australia, Heart Reef, is watched upon from above onboard a helicopter. This is a part of the Great Barrier Reef, which can be covered during the Hamilton Island Tour.
Suggested Read: 12 Scenic Trails For Hiking In The Awesome Australia In 2021
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Real travel stories. Real stays. Handy tips to help you make the right choice.
5. Dao Island, Philippines – The unspoiled heart island
Dao Island in Philippines allures couples with crystal clear water and lush landscape. This too is something you can buy for your love, as it is on sale! The island is uninhabited and has never been spoiled by any development activities.
4. Galesnjak, Croatia – Fame courtesy Google Earth
Also known as the Island of Love, Galesnjak got into the limelight through Google Earth in 2009. The island is brimming with greenery, and it’s privately owned. For those looking to stay overnight can pitch their own tents here.
Suggested Read: 10 Most Expensive Islands In The World
3. Anfi del Mar Resort, Spain – Where fun and activities await
This heart-shaped island is not far beyond the sea. This little island is packed with interesting and fun things to do with your love. It’s an upscale island-resort with all the luxuries imaginable—right from dining options to golf courses!
2. Makepeace Island, Australia – Peace and romance here, exclusively for you
Romancing on this heart-shaped island is not usual. The accommodation of the resort on this island is offered on exclusive sole use basis, allowing upto 4 guests. You get the whole island for yourself, and there are various activities that await, including kayaking, fishing, outdoor cinema, wine tasting, and sun downer river cruise.
1. Tavarua Island, Fiji – A heart-shaped island with full-fledged resort
Housing a luxurious resort property, Tavarua spans over an area of 29 acres. The property itself is exquisite and you can try out many activities like kayaking, surfing, and scuba diving. This one is among the most famous heart shaped islands in the world, owing to its ease of accessibility, beauty, and the facilities you get here.
Alongside the ones listed above, there are other beautiful heart-shaped islands to consider, like Netrani Island (India), Petre Island (USA), and Heart-shaped Island in Botswana. If you are a couple willing to explore something new and unique on your romantic vacation instead of booking a honeymoon package to the usual honeymoon destinations, then you should give it a shot.
Frequently Asked Questions
A. The heart-shaped coral reef or Heart Reef is a part of the Great Barrier Reef in the Whitsundays, Australia. One is not allowed to snorkel here but you can take a helicopter or seaplane tour to admire the beauty of the coral.
A. Heart Reef is believed to be 6,000-8,000 years old.
A. if you are traveling to Croatia, then you can arrive either in Split or Zadar first. There are cruises and water taxis available from both these places to the ‘island of love’.
A. There is a modest cabin on Harbor Island where you can stay. You should find places to stay on the shores near the island.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.
People Also Read: