Known for expansive wilderness and verdant national parks and reserves, Tasmania stands as one of the most sought-after destinations for skydiving. Separated by the Bass Strait from mainland Australia, the main island of Tasmania, its emerald islands allure everyone with their stunning landscape and thrilling adventure. One of such is skydiving. It feels surreal and exhilarating to jump off from a great height and enjoy the jaw-dropping bird’s eye view. So here is the handy guide on skydiving in Tasmania. Enjoy an enthralling and soul-stirring free fall experience like never before.
A Guide On Skydiving In Tasmania
Read below and note all the important aspects of skydiving in Tasmania. Head out to experience an incredible adrenaline rush in the mind and body.
Where To Go For Skydiving In Tasmania?
To enjoy a thrilling dive, there is only one agency that offers such opportunities to all. Located close to Burnie Airport, the agency is called Skydive Wynyard which allows adventure loving folks to jump from a great height, approximately 10,000 feet from the ground and enjoy the captivating free-fall over the breath-taking landscape of Tasmania. The skydiving takes place at the Wynyard Aero Club set at Burnie Airport. The airport is located next to the Wynyard township. Those who wish to reach there, arrive at the western periphery of the airport, where the Aero Club is located. Skydive Wynyard conducts skydiving trips over the coastal town of Wynyard in Tasmania. Wynyard in Tasmania is known for the stunning flat-topped Table Cape cliff which stands as the most idyllic destination for the best skydiving in Tasmania.
Duration And Cost Of the Skydive In Tasmania
The duration of skydiving in Tasmania Australia by Skydive Wynyard is approximately 2 hours. The total duration encompasses 20 minutes of the fascinating plane ride and 50 seconds to 1 minute of thrilling free-fall.
If you are looking for adventure activities which are reasonably cheap, skydiving in Tasmania is not an apt choice. Considering its level of thrill and adventure, it is moderately expensive but the ultimate thrill and exhilaration out of it makes the cost worth every bit. The cost for skydiving in Tasmania by this agency is $ 549/person which is equivalent to INR 40, 000 /person.
Age And Weight Limit For Skydive In Tasmania
For safety and security purposes, there is an age and weight limit set by the concerned department of the national government and the agencies involved. For skydiving, Tasmania age limit is 12 years. Children below 12 years do not take part in this activity and children below 18 years need parents or guardian permission or consent document. The weight limit capacity for skydiving is 95 kgs for adults.
Skydiving In Tasmania: What All It Offers
Skydive Wynyard is a professional agency with plenty of skilled and proficient diving experts on board. As soon as one arrives at their centre near Burnie Airport, the team of professionals offers security briefings to all which are necessary for the adventure activity. Moreover, every person is accompanied and guided by a professional, during the flight and the dive to ensure a memorable experience of best skydiving in Tasmania. Take a look at the various aspects of skydiving adventure and what all it offers.
- 20 minutes of plane ride where you can enjoy the jaw dropping view of the coastal town of Wynyard in Tasmania.
- 50 seconds to 1 minute of exhilarating free-fall under the expertise of a professional diver.
- HD quality photograph and video recording for the lifetime memory of adrenaline skydiving Tasmania offers. These videos are professionally edited and stored in USBs so that they can be played and watched seamlessly on Smart TVs and computers and can be easily uploaded on social media.
- Those who take part in skydiving in Tasmania with Skydive Wynyard agency get a complimentary student membership at the prestigious Australian Parachute Federation.
- Moreover, everyone who takes part in this soul-stirring adventure gets a completion certificate by Skydive Wynyard. This certification and honour are to appreciate and acknowledge your daring and thrill-loving soul for the lifetime.
Important Guidelines For Skydiving In Tasmania
There are some important guidelines that one needs to follow and abide by for the best skydiving in Tasmania.
- There should be no time constraint from the diver’s side during skydiving. This is such an activity where weather conditions regulate the fly time, aircraft movement and ATC instructions. So, any kind of change in weather may disrupt and delay the activity. It is always recommended to keep half a day in hand for skydiving in Tasmania Australia.
- It is advised to wear comfortable and light clothes during skydiving. Shorts in summer and jeans and track pants in winter suit best. The agency offers skydiving jumpsuits to everyone before the flight, which one needs to wear over the clothes. Footwear plays an important role in skydiving so closed shoes are a perfect choice. One can wear sneakers that lace up firmly. Unhooked loose shoes and flip-flops are a big nop.
- Undeniably it is important to capture the adrenaline skydiving Tasmania offers, but personal cameras are not allowed to be carried. Instead, enjoy the HD photo and video that comes with the skydiving package.
- Those who have booked skydiving, are welcome to bring families and friends. It is an amazing sight to experience but the viewers are requested to stay within the permissible spectator zone.
Nothing is more enthralling and fascinating than skydiving in Tasmania; jumping off from 10,000 feet and enjoying the free fall like never before. Plan a Tasmania trip and keep this guide on skydiving handy to ensure ultimate fun, thrill, and adventure.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Skydiving In Tasmania
Which is the best time to visit Tasmania?
The best time to visit Tasmania is between December-February, i.e. the summer season. Though it’s the peak tourist season with the thick crowd and high room tariffs and other rates, the soothing weather makes it perfect for all kinds of outdoor adventure.
What are the popular activities to do in Tasmania?
The popular activities to do in Tasmania are trekking, camping, skydiving, scuba diving, parasailing, snorkeling and city tours.
Which other places in Australia and New Zealand offer skydiving adventure?
In Australia and New Zealand, skydiving can be experienced in Melbourne, Victoria, Queensland, and Sydney.
Which are the popular hotels to stay in Tasmania?
The popular hotels in Tasmania are Hotel Grand Chancellor Hobart, Hadley’s Orient Hotel, Islington Hotel, and The Henry Jones Art Hotel.
How to reach Tasmania from Sydney?
Tasmania can be reached through cruise and flights from Sydney. Regular flights from Sydney ply directly to Hobart and Launceston and Wynyard.
Name the places to see in Tasmania.
The most beautiful places to see in Tasmania are Hobart, Richmond, Wynyard, Cradle Mountain, Launceston, Freycinet National Park, and Port Arthur.
People also read: