Every place has a season, which is very favorable for tourists, for Russia it is the warm one. So traveling to Russia in summer can be a really good option. In this article, we are going to discuss the beauty of the season that you can witness in this place.
Summer In Russia: Best Time To Visit
According to the calendar summer in Russia is officially from 1st June to the 31st of August. Although, naturally the season approaches a little bit earlier and starts to bid farewell from the mid of August.
It is like a season of holidays for Russians, as they wait for the whole long year for this time. The welcome the sun rays to touch them and also to move to the countryside for getting a broader space which they can use for sunbathing. Some of the also use local parks or even the rooftop for the same purpose.
Must Read: 19 Cool And Unusual Things To Do In Russia In 2022 That You’ve Never Heard Before!
Summer In Russia: Reasons For Your Visit
There are many reasons behind tourists preferring summer in Russia other than any season. During the month of July and August, the cities of Russia become overcrowded with travelers from various parts of the world. It is also very economically flourishing as the hotels and resorts get most of the business during this time.
- During the season, at the extreme Northern point of Russia, there happened something amazing which is a memory of a lifetime.
- During this period Sun never completely sets in Russia. So it will be amazing to see Sunlight in the middle of the night. This is why the daytime is quite very long and Traveller gets more time to explore the beautiful country within broad daylight.
- You can experience the amazing St Petersburg White Nights festival during this time.
If you get time to visit Moscow, then you will experience the amazing Reindeer festival during this time.
- Apart from these the Orthodox Easter and Moscow Golden Mask festival are there to give you a proper festive mood.
Suggested Read: 9 Fabulous Beaches In Russia That Let You Relish The Taste Of The Good Life!
Summer In Russia: Things To Remember
Each and every country has some kind of hardships to be faced during every single season. So when it is summer in Russia weather becomes quiet white hot for a couple of months.
- The average summer in Russia temperature of the whole country remains 30 ° Celsius. Such a rise in temperature can be not favorable to many tourists so they kind of avoid this time for their vacation. So if you have chosen this time for your holidays in this country then you can of for or an air-conditioned hotel otherwise be prepared for the heat.
- You won’t find perfect measures taken for the heat in Russia as you will find in winter to fight with the chill. This is also a reason why many prefer to visit this country during winters.
- During this time not only the place becomes about your destination for vacation but also many choose the summer camps in Russia as their adventure trip. So you will face the crowd in each and every spot.
- Also for the very same reason, all the hotels, resorts and even Lodges become fully packed with tourists. To get more profit from their business mother Hotel authorities 10 to increase their rates in summer which becomes hard to afford for many. The reservations are also not very easily made because of the rush.
- One of the men and life-threatening problems of Russia during summer is mosquitoes. However this will mostly be faced if you are visiting the countryside, and you should always carry a mosquito repellent for safety.
- If you have planned your visit in August and have included the famous Mariinsky Theatre (St Petersburg) and Bolshoi Theatre (Moscow) as a must visit in your list, then you will be disappointed to know that they remain closed during this time.
Packing Tips For Your Trip During Summer In Russia
It has been discussed earlier, summer is quite hot in Russia so it will be wise if you pack your summer clothes for your trip. It is also advised that for mornings and late evenings you take a couple of warm clothes as you will see a sudden fluctuation in the temperature which may affect your health.
For women, the best would be a couple of cool summer dresses to pack. Advice to carry a scarf or something which you can be used to cover your head as it is necessary before entering any Orthodox Church.
For men and what can be more comfortable than shorts and T-shirts. However, you may carry some long pants as some of the churches do not allow men and if they are wearing shorts.
Among others from clothes, you should carry a couple of umbrellas for most of the days end up being rainy during summer days in Russia.
Suggested Read: 10 Places To Visit In Russia To Witness The Beauty Of This Incredible Nation
Places To Visit In Russia
Visiting Russia is surely an experience you wouldn’t want to miss out on. So, why not tour the country’s best places too? Read on to know what awaits you in this charming land.
- Taganrog is a place where you can experience how it would be to swim in the most shallow sea.
- One of the most alluring advantages of visiting Russia in summer is that you can enjoy a nice road trip in Altai. The mesmerizing view of the surrounding valleys will leave you awestruck.
- Have you heard about the deepest lake called Baisal in Russia? Is a perfect spot where you can rent a boat and go fishing, and if you are lucky to catch one you can also cook it for yourself.
- If you miss the Kamchatka it would be a grave mistake? Who wants to miss a chance to go fishing while whales will swim in the same waterboarding and also you will get a great view of the volcano mountain.
Further Read: 8 Cities With Best Russia Nightlife; Say It Aloud, “Lights, Vodka, & Russians!” In 2022
Russia is a place full of wonders and it has a variable season circle. After reading much about the season, you can definitely consider traveling to Russia in summer with proper measures. With the carnivals and festivities, beautiful road trips and boat rides you will surely not regret your decision. So book your trip to Russia with TravelTriangle and get a chance to witness the splendid views here for a memorable holiday!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About Summer In Russia
What are the summer months in Russia?
If you are planning to go to Russia, you need to go in the summer and it officially begins on June 1st and it goes on till the end of August.
What is summer like in Russia?
The season’s change is dramatic and in Vladivostok (Far-Eastern Russia), the record low was −31.4 C (−24.5 F) in January and the record high was 33.6 C (92.5 F) in July. High humidity makes the summers feel even hotter.
Which is the best month to visit Russia?
The best time to visit St. Petersburg if you want to visit the weather-wise is June. This is the season when the weather is the most convenient for long hours of sightseeing.
How hot does it get in Russia?
The average winter temperature is about -10 degrees. The colder snaps are not that common but winter chills are compensated for by the best summers. St. Petersburg usually enjoys the 20-25 degree weather and Moscow gets higher till 37 degrees.
What should I wear in Russia?
You need to wear a scarf to cover if you are a woman and men are not allowed to enter in shorts. Wear a conservation skirt-suit with proper tights or stockings and also smart shoes.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
Book memorable holidays on TravelTriangle with 650+ verified travel agents for 65+ domestic and international destinations.