Aanchal loves spontaneity, and her weekend trip to Ranikhet with friends was just about that. Read about their sojourns as they explore the virgin beauty of the Kumaon Hills with a group of travelers that share the same passion and enthusiasm for discovering new places.
While engrossed in the mundane work schedule, a window of opportunity opened up for a short weekend vacation. In no time, I called my friends, convinced them of the same and started looking for a possible destination to visit.
As the sun was scorching back then, we were definitely in the mood for some cool place in the hills.
Details of our weekend trip to Ranikhet
After seeing a TravelTriangle Weekend Getaway promo ad pop up on Facebook, right then and there I knew what I do next. I opened up their website browsed through the weekend destinations and decided on a weekend trip to Ranikhet.
Thankfully, my friends were on board with this plan and without wasting any more time, we got our places reserved.
- Trip Cost: INR 4499 per person (on triple sharing basis)
- Trip Duration: 1 night/ 2 days
- Accommodation: Bay Berry Camp and Resort
- Inclusions: Transfers(Delhi-Ranikhet-Delhi), accommodation, meals, sightseeing, adventure activities, bonfire party, and taxes.
- Exclusions: Entry fee (if any), and additional expenses
“I was excited that finally, I got an opportunity to spend a vacation with my friends. But that wasn’t all, I had more reasons to justify why this vacation was perfect for me!”
- Being an IT professional, planning a large number of leaves in advance is pretty tough. A spontaneous weekend trip like this suits my schedule perfectly.
- Going on a weekend trip to Ranikhet with TravelTriangle is cost-effective. The costing for going on a trip by ourselves, for the 3 of us, was turning out to be expensive.
- The headache of planning was completely on TravelTriangle and I trusted their experience in successfully coordinating thousands of trips.
- Every time we could just pick a different location in the hills to visit on a weekend, meet new people and make great travel buddies.
I was pretty excited going on this trip as this was my second trip with TravelTriangle. The first one was last year to Kasol. Therefore, I knew what to expect and how beautifully trips managed by TravelTriangle turn out to be.
We got on the bus from Akshardham at 10 pm where everyone (all 24 of us) of our group was assembled.
Day 1: Exploring The Queen’s Meadows
After a fun-filled overnight bus journey, we reached Ranikhet at 7 am. Upon our arrival, we had breakfast and checked into our tents. After taking an hour to settle in and stretch our legs, we took part in some adventure activities within the campsite like Burma Bridge, River Crossing, and Monkey Ropes.
Post lunch, we went out and began with our sightseeing in Ranikhet. In our short excursion, we went to Jhula Devi Temple and Golf Garden. As Ranikhet is a small town and there’s not much to do but admire natural beauty, I would have rather stayed at camp. That way I could’ve done more activities and talk to other travelers in our group.
However, in a few hours, we were back at the campsite where our evening started with a nice cup of tea, snacks, and bonfire. As the night went on, we got mingle with other people in our group, get to know about their lives, have dinner and late night musing with my best friends.
Day 2: Rejuvenating In Serene Nainital
The next day, we had breakfast and checked out of our camp at 9 am. On our way back to Delhi, we stopped in Nainital for a few hours.
The time spent in Nainital was very relaxing and rejuvenating. Firstly, we sat for a while near the Naini Lake to enjoy the gorgeous scenery all around us, and then finally, we did some street shopping at Mall Road. At that moment I wished I had a day extra in this serene lake town. We departed from Nainital at 4 pm and carried on our journey back to Delhi.
There were many things I liked about this weekend trip to Ranikhet, but none more so than smoothly such a big group was managed, and how easily everyone got comfortable around strangers.
I guess it probably was our shared love and enthusiasm for travel that compelled us to look beyond our own preferences and likings in order to enjoy the refreshing experience of Ranikhet and Nainital.
- Coordinators did a good job of managing the entire group of 24 people and keeping them entertained.
- We had an amazing stay at the Bay Berry campsite. All of the facilities were perfectly arranged for our weekend trip.
- The bus selected for our journey could’ve been better as the seats weren’t very comfortable.
- Would have liked a 2 nights/ 3 days trip where in we could have stay for a night in Nainital as well.
Travel to the hills for a well-deserved getaway. Book your Weekend Getaway and make your weekend a memorable one!
Long Weekend Trips Starting @ Rs 3499/-
Take a trip to spend the upcoming long weekend with your buddies.
✓ Stay at 4 star rating hotels with local sightseeing, meals and transfers.
✓ Travel in AC coach round trip (from Delhi).
✓ All Inclusive Deal– Camping, Jeep Safari & Trekking as per itinerary
✓ Sign up NOW to celebrate the long weekend out of town!