When life is running faster than you, an international honeymoon might not seem doable just after the wedding. But that doesn’t mean you cannot manage an escape that you desperately need after getting hitched. Put your dream honeymoon on hold and start planning for a mini moon, which is a short romantic escape for the newlyweds before they take a longer holiday later. For your covenience, we have put together a list of the best mini moon destinations. Scroll to check them out!
The Idea Behind A Mini Moon
Best minimoon destinations are ones that are at a convenient distance, i.e. not more than 10 to 12 hours. They can be reached quickly and within a comfortable budget; at the same time, they offer the desired privacy, serenity, comfort, and activities for couples.
Mini-moon is a fairly new terminology in India, and quite relevant in the recent times. It is perfect for couples who are pressed for time, but desperately need a vacation together. This list of best mini moon destinations in India from various metro cities can rub its shoulder with top honeymoon destinations in the world.
Best Mini Moon Destinations From Delhi
From Landour to Udaipur, there are some of the best places where you can enjoy your mini moon as well as witness some breathtaking vistas.
- Rishikesh – A Sacred Hideout For Lovers
- Landour – Colonial Charm Enveloped In Natural Beauty
- Mashobra – Snuggled In The Shimla Reserve Forest Sanctuary
- Udaipur – The City Of Lakes, Brimming With Love
- Agra – Home To The Symbol Of Love
- Mukteshwar – For Enchanting Beauty
1. Rishikesh – A Sacred Hideout For Lovers
Rishikesh has always been looked upon as a sacred Hindu city. However, with growing tourism it has emerged as a popular adventure destination and lately as one of the best mini moon destinations from Delhi. Today, Rishikesh hosts travelers from across the globe and captivates them with melodies of the turquoise stream of the Ganges and the romantic panorama formed by the Shivalik hills.
Distance From Delhi: 242 km (6 hours)
How To Reach: The best way is to take a cab to Rishikesh from Delhi. If you are a pro at driving in the hills, you may as well drive to Rishikesh. Also, there are direct flights between Delhi and Dehradun. From Dehradun airport, it’s a 1 and half hour’s drive to Rishikesh.
Romantic Things To Do On Your Rishikhesh Mini Moon:
- Dine at Rishikesh’s quaint cafes
- Enjoy the sunrise and sunset together
- Go for bungee jumping and river rafting in Rishikesh
- Indulge in Yoga and Ayurvedic therapies
- Trek the small and easy trails
Best Places For A Romantic Stay In Rishikesh: Dewa Retreat – A Himalayan Boutique Hotel and Aloha on the Ganges are ideal places to stay in Rishikesh if you’re looking for luxury accommodation on your mini moon. For mid-budget, Hotel Akash Continental would be a nice choice for newlyweds.
2. Landour – Colonial Charm Enveloped In Natural Beauty
A secret hilly hideout, Landour is one of best mini moon destinations near Delhi. It is located near the cantonment area of the bustling town of Mussoorie. Sitting pretty with mesmerizing views, lovely stays, and landmarks that are reminiscent of the colonial charm, Landour is exactly what newlyweds need – a dreamy hamlet beautified with unperturbed nature, stunning waterfalls, lush vegetation, and lazy clouds skimming over the hilltops.
Distance From Delhi: 283 km (7 hours drive | 2 hours flight)
How To Reach: Self drive or cab are best ways of reaching Landour from Delhi. You can enjoy the scenic panorama that unfolds along the route. If you’re coming from farther parts of the country, both railway station and airport are located in Dehradun, with direct connectivity from Delhi. From Dehradun to Landour, it’s a 1 and half hour drive.
Romantic Things To Do On A Landour Mini Moon:
- Visit the top attractions of Mussoorie during the day and head to the famous Mall Road by evening
- Explore Landour on a bicycle, enjoying the beautiful scenery enroute
- Savour the flavors in Char Dukan area
Romantic Resorts In Landour: The 1840 colonial house, Rokeby Manor makes for an incredible stay, where wooden floors and stone walls, combined with the Himalayan create a romantic ambiance. Ashirwad Hotel & Spa is another option for budget-minded couples.
3. Mashobra – Snuggled In The Shimla Reserve Forest Sanctuary
Snuggled in Shimla Reserve Forest Sanctuary, Mashobra is just 40 minutes away from the main Shimla City, yet much greener and tranquil. You both can go out on short jungle treks or play around with the local kids. As the night approaching, lie down on fresh grass for stargazing.
Distance From Delhi: 353 km (7 hours drive)
How To Reach: Mashobra is accessible via road from Delhi. If you’re considering self drive, please note the route consists of hilly regions with even narrow roads. Other way to reach Mashobra is by toy train. Board a train from Delhi to Kalka, and get on the Toy Train (Kalka to Shimla). From Shimla Station, taxis are easily available to Mashobra.
Romantic Things To Do On Your Mashobra Mini Moon:
- Stay in a camp and enjoy bonfire in the night
- Go for adevntures like paragliding, river rafting, and rock climbing
- Go for nature walks in the evening
- Shop, eat and enjoy the views at one of best places to visit in Shimla – the Mall Road, which is just 13 km away from Mashobra
Best Honeymoon Resorts In Mashobra: Club Mahindra and Mahasu House provide a luxuriant stay. For couples wanting to go camping, Mashobra Greens would be an ideal choice.
4. Udaipur – The City Of Lakes, Brimming With Love
Called the Venice of the East, The Lake City Udaipur is one of the major honeymoon destinations of India. Just a night’s drive away, it is also among the preferred mini moon destinations for the Delhiites. Plan a quick mini moon in Udaipur to see lakes shimmering in the sun light merging with palaces defining grandeur and creating a haven for the lovebirds.
Distance From Delhi: 663 km (11 hours drive | 1 hour flight)
How To Reach: If you wish to drive or take a cab from Delhi to Udaipur, it will be about 11-hour long drive. Stopover in Jaipur for some time and take a break visiting the top attractions of Jaipur like Hawa Mahal. Flights might be quicker, but the journey won’t be as enjoyable as a drive.
Romantic Things To Do On A Mini Honeymoon In Udaipur:
- Take a romantic boat ride in Lake Pichola
- Enjoy a dinner at Ambrai Ghat with your sweetheart
- Visit the popular tourist attractions of Udaipur like City Palace and Monsoon Palace
- Attend the Mewar Light & Sound show
Best Places To Stay In Udaipur For Couples: Rajasthan is renowned for its opulent heritage hotels reflecting a melodious blend of antiquity and modernity. If you’re not on a budget, stay in luxurious heritage properties like Taj Lake Palace, and Oberoi Udaivilas. Justa Udaipur is a good option for couples wanting mid-budget resorts and hotels in Udaipur.
5. Agra – Home To The Symbol Of Love
How can one forget about Agra when talking about mini moon destinations in India? Agra is home to the grand symbol of love and the Seventh Wonder of the World, Taj Mahal. As the city was ruled by Mughals, Agra is home to several architectures that are made with red sandstone and marble. Moreover, Babur introduced the idea of square Persian-styled gardens during his visit in Agra. Grand palaces and forts with green lawns to explore make this destination perfect for a mini honeymoon.
Distance From Delhi: 233 kms (4 hours drive)
How To Reach: The nearest airport is Kheria Airport which is only 12 kms away from the centre of the city. There are three railway stations in Agra which connect with Delhi and they are Idgah Agra Junction, Agra Cantonment, Raja ki Mandi, and Agra Fort. Otherwise, you can also hire a car and drive to Agra to reach in 3-4 hours.
Romantic Things To Do On Agra Minimoon:
- Visit Taj Mahal and get beautiful pictures clicked
- Explore the forts and tombs like Agra Fort, Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb, and Fatehpur Sikri
- Go shopping in the local market to buy souvenirs
Romantic Stays In Agra: Courtyard by Marriott, Trident Agra, Hotel Atulyaa Taj, Crystal Sarovar Premiere, Hotel Parador, The Retreat, and Ekaa Villa are perfect for a lavish stay. Hotel Pushp Villa, Hotel Pearl Blue, Hotel Seven Hills Tower, Hotel Maple Grand, and Siris 18 are ideal for a mid-budget stay.
6. Mukteshwar – For Enchanting Beauty
Settled in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand, Mukteshwar makes a perfect destination for a mini honeymoon as it is blessed with some of the most beautiful views. It offers a splendid view of the Himalayas and Nanda Devi which is the second-highest peak in India as the city is nestled at a height of 7,500 feet. The town is dotted with red-roof houses which are a reminiscence of British Raj rule. The scenic views and quietness away from the chaotic cities make it an ideal place for vacation.
Distance From Delhi: 354 kms (8 hours drive)
How To Reach: Pantnagar is the nearest airport that is situated about 100 kms away from Mukteshwar and Kathgodam is the closest railway station at 70 kms distance. Apart from this, one can also hire a direct taxi or opt for car services from Delhi to Mukteshwar.
Romantic Things To Do On Mukteshwar Minimoon:
- The top most thing to do in Mukteshwar is visiting Chauli Ki Jali and Mukteshwar Dham Temple for the amazing views
- Visit the Bhalugaad waterfall to explore nature
- Explore the snow view point
- Head to Nainital or Bhimtal Lake for boating
Romantic Stays In Mukteshwar: Casa Dream Resort and Ojaswi Himalayan Resort are the best ones for a romantic stay. The Wonder Valley Resort and The Moksh Eco Inn are also great choices for hotels in Mukteshwar.
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Best Mini Moon Destinations From Mumbai
If you are traveling from Mumbai, then these destinations will suit you best for a mini moon. So, check them out and keep scrolling!
- Kashid – A Beach Hideout Playing The Serenade
- Bhandardara – Hilly Escape For The Lovebirds
- Satara – Prettified With Colorful Flowers
- Mahabaleshwar – The Land Of Strawberries
- Khandala – For Misty Valleys
7. Kashid – A Beach Hideout Playing The Serenade
The fact that Kashid is scenic, and least crowded make it one among the best mini moon destinations near Mumbai. It redefines beach escape for Mumbai dwellers with miles of crystal clear coastline. Grab your flip-flops and walk hand-in-hand on the golden sand being teased by the waves. Find your own little sandy corner, talk about life and love, and behold the sunset unfurling tangerine tinge into the sky.
Distance From Mumbai: 126 km (4 hours drive)
How To Reach: Self drive or cab ride from Mumbai to Kashid is picturesque. The route takes you through cityscapes, hills, and coastlines.
Romantic Things To Do On A Kashid Minimoon:
- Take a romantic stroll on the beach
- Try watersports like jet skiing and parasailing
- Go dolphin spotting; it is possible in November, December and January
- Take a safari ride in Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary – a major attraction in Kashid for the wildlife-enthusiasts
Best Places To Stay In Kashid For Honeymooners: Prakruti Resorts consists of luxurious villa, just 12 km away from Phansad Wildlife Sanctuary. Nisarg Farm House / Beach Resort is the best choice to make for a mid-budget stay.
8. Bhandardara – Hilly Escape For The Lovebirds
Since Bhandardara is among the offbeat weekend destinations from Mumbai, it’s certainly one of the most romantic mini moon destinations around. From lakes & waterfalls to historic forts – the hill station has everything to allure just-married couples.
The highest peak of Maharashtra, Kalsubai is located in Bhandardara. Picture reaching this height with the one you love to steal a glance of the Western Ghats from atop.
Distance From Mumbai: 164 km (4 hours drive)
How To Reach: From Mumbai to Bhandardara is a short drive. You can opt to either drive yourself to this place, or get yourself a cab.
Romantic Things To Do On Your Mini Moon In Bhandardara:
- Camp with the fireflies in Purushwadi
- Trek to Ratangad Fort and marvel at the erstwhile gem
- Hike to Kalsubai peak for picturesque views
- Enjoy a simple lunch by the Umbrella Falls
- Spend some romantic moments by the Arthur Lake
Romantic Places To Stay In Bhandardara: Anandvan Resort is nice place to stay in Bhandardara. This is mid-budget property, counted among the best.
9. Satara – Prettified With Colorful Flowers
Casting spells with its very own Valley of Flowers known as Kaas, Satara is quite a star in this list of best mini moon destinations near Mumbai. More than 800 species of flowers are in full bloom in the months of September and October. And walking the trail amidst the flowery field leads to a serene lake.
Satara is not the place to do something thrilling, ’cause even a quick stop in a tappri for a cup of tea finds a way into memoirs, thanks to the bewitching panorama.
Distance From Mumbai: 256 km (5 hours drive)
How To Reach: Cab or driving yourself is the best way to reach Satara. Stopover in Food Mall Pune for refreshments, and then continue your journey to Satara.
Highlights Of A Mini Moon In Satara:
- Visit Kaas Plateau – the flower field when it is in full bloom
- Thoseghar Waterfall is a charmer; water gushing down from cliff make a draws a dramatic backdrop
- Before the sun sets, climb up to Sajjangad Fort and hold your breath for a view that hypnotizes. Clouds hovering over the hillocks will make you feel on top of the world.
Best Places To Stay In Satara For Couples: Hotel Maharaja Regency and Nivant Hill Resort are mid-budget hotels and our recommended stays for Satara. There aren’t any five star properties here for now.
We strongly recommend advance booking when you’re visiting in September/October. This is the best time to visit Satara due to the blooming seasons of flowers in Kaas.
Suggested Read: 10 Romantic Road Trips In India To Embark On With Your Love
10. Mahabaleshwar – The Land Of Strawberries
If you are in search of a destination that lies in central India then you must consider the land of strawberries, that is, Mahabaleshwar. With vast green pastures, pristine rivers, and high mountain peaks, Mahabaleshwar proves to be an amazing hill station to explore in Maharashtra. It is located in the Satara district and is known for its strawberry farms and shakes. This place not only pleases your eyes but also delights your taste buds, making one of the best mini honeymoon destinations in India.
Distance From Mumbai: 263 kms (5.5 hours drive)
How To Reach: Pune International Airport is the closest airport to Mahabaleshwar which is just 102 kms away whereas the nearest railhead is located in Wathar that is 60 kilometers away. It can also be reached via a simple drive through the Mumbai-Pune highway as Mahabaleshwar is well-connected via road.
Romantic Things To Do On Mahabaleshwar Minimoon:
- Explore the Wilson Point and Arthur’s Seat where the wind force is strong
- Head to Elephant’s Head Point and Echo Point
- See water cascading down at Dhobi Waterfall
- Opt for boating at Venna Lake
Romantic Stays In Mahabaleshwar: Evershine Resort, Hotel Dreamland, and Le Meridien are some of the best hotels in Mahabaleshwar for couples. Amit Niwas Cottage and Hotel Wilson Executive are mid-budget hotels.
11. Khandala – For Misty Valleys
Ask your spouse ‘Aati kya Khandala’ and get your bags ready for a trip to this exotic destination! The misty mountains, green valleys, and cascading waterfalls in Sahyadri ranges are calling you with its open arms. Khandala has got that charm that lures people to it every year which is why it has become a popular place for a vacation. With natural beauty to witness everywhere and serene environments, Khandala makes a perfect destination for couples to relax and rejuvenate.
Distance From Mumbai: 80 kms (2 hours drive)
How To Reach: As Khandala is not far away from Mumbai, the best way to reach here is by road. Having said that, the closest airport is in Pune which 48 kms away and the nearest railway station is Khandala itself.
Romantic Things To Do On Khandala Minimoon:
- Explore the hilltop forts like Lohagad Fort, Rajmachi Fort, and Visapur Fort
- Duke’s Nose and Tiger’s Leap are not to be missed in Khandala
- Must go shopping for chikkis and jams
- If you are an adventurous couple then opt for rock climbing
Romantic Stays In Khandala: Della Resorts, The Dukes Retreat, and Meritas Picaddle Resort are the best choices for a romantic and lavish stay. Sunrise Hill Resort, Highland Resort, and Casa Dios make an excellent choice too.
Best Mini Moon Destinations From Bangalore
Take a look at this list of mini moon destinations that are easily accessible from Bangalore. Romance oozes out from these destinations which is why it is worth considering once!
- Bandipur – Romance In The Wilderness
- Coonoor – Alluring Tea Gardens And Waterfalls
- Gokarna – A More Serene Reflection Of Goa
- Alleppey – Venice Of The East
- Pondicherry – The Former French Colony
- Mysore – Known For Its Grand Palaces
12. Bandipur – Romance In The Wilderness
Bandipur is known for its national park, but does it have all it takes to be in this list of best mini moon destinations? Yes! True romance is found in dense wilderness of Bandipur and the luxurious stays suitable for a relaxed minimoon near Bangalore.
Distance From Bangalore: 230 km (5 hours drive)
How To Reach: Road journey is the best way to reach Bandipur from Bangalore. The nearest airport from Bandipur is Mysore Railway Station, at a distance of 80 km. You can get a taxi from the station to reach Bandipur.
Romantic Things To Do In Bandipur:
- Take the wildlife safari in Bandipur national park to spot Indian elephants, antelopes, and tigers
- Take bicycle tour to explore the nearby areas and their unspoiled beauty
- Enjoy a private alfresco dinner in your hotel
Best Places To Stay In Bandipur: The resorts in Bandipur are perfect for a romantic staycation. The Serai is for couples on a luxury honeymoon, while the Nestinn is recommended from budget options.
13. Coonoor – Alluring Tea Gardens And Waterfalls
One of the best weekend getaways from Bangalore, Coonoor is popular for production of Nilgiri Tea. The locale is quieter than Ooty, and you can do the same activities here as you’d do in Ooty.
Upper Coonoor is the place where it’s cooler and you get to view miles of greenery on rolling hills. And when you need a little hustle-bustle, you have Coonoor central and Ooty close by (3 km and 20 km respectively).
Distance From Bangalore: 297 km (7 hours drive)
How To Reach: The road route from Bangalore to Coorg is adorned with scenic landscapes. Coonoor has its own railway station, so you can also opt for train travel too.
Romantic Experiences In Coonoor:
- Wander about onboard Nilgiri Mountain Railway, enjoying a beautiful journey
- Enjoy a romantic walk in Sim’s Park
- Coimbatore Plains flaunts its charm the most when viewed from Lamb’s Rock
- Visit Catherine Falls, Katary Falls, and/or Law’s Falls
- Take a day out for sightseeing covering the Doorg Fort, Ralliah Dam, Dolphin’s Nose, and the Tiger Hill Cemetary
Honeymoon Resorts In Coonoor: The Gateway Hotel is a nice property for couples seeking luxurious stay. For a budget mini moon, go for MGM Hill Worth Resorts.
14. Gokarna – A More Serene Reflection Of Goa
Gokarna is much like Goa but with lesser crowd and no jazz. The town is a sacred destination for the followers of Lord Shiva, but it has off late emerged as one of best mini moon destinations from Bangalore. Unspoiled and raw nature of Gokarna, with a generous sprinkling of greenery, and laid-back beach vibe are strong pulls to lure honeymoon couples from nearby towns.
Distance From Bangalore: 484 km (8 hours drive)
How To Reach: The best way to reach Gokarna from Bangalore is by road. The train journey is 16 hours long and can be tiring too. Still, if you prefer railways, Kannur Express and Karwar Express are two trains that ply between both the cities.
Romantic Things To Do On A Gokarna Minimoon:
- Indulge in the Ayurvedic therapies when in Gokarna
- When the dusk begins to set, head out to Om Beach to laze around and enjoy sunset views
- Hike from Om beach to Kudle beach to enjoy scenic vistas on the way
- Try water sports like parasailing, snorkeling, and kayaking
- Go fishing together
Romantic Stays In Gokarna: SwaSwara is a luxury resort recommended for a comfy stay. Gokarna International Beach Resorts is a mid-budget accommodation, rated among the best. Also, a stay in the beach huts at Kudle Beach is also a unique experience in Gokarna.
15. Alleppey – Venice Of The East
No list of honeymoon destinations in India is complete without Kerala in the list. Popularly known as the ‘Backwater Capital of India’, Alleppey makes a perfect place for a mini moon in India due to its turquoise blue waters, houseboat rides, rejuvenating massages, nodding coconut trees, and natural vistas. If you are looking for a place to relax yourself and get in touch with nature then there cannot be a better place than Alleppey.
Distance From Bangalore: 595 kms (11 hours drive)
How To Reach: The nearest airport is Cochin International Airport that is 100 kms away and Alleppey has got its own railway station which is why it is easy to reach via rail. Apart from this, there are luxury private buses that ply between Alleppey and nearby cities.
Romantic Things To Do On Alleppey Minimoon:
- Opt for houseboat cruise ride and explore the waters of Alleppey closely
- Calm your senses with an ayurvedic session
- Go for village tours and explore Alleppey
- Laze around on the beach
- Opt for water activities in Alleppey’s backwaters
- Do not miss Alleppey Beach and Vembanad Lake
Romantic Stays In Alleppey: Some of the best options are Lake Palace Resort, Punnamada Resort, and Citrus Hotels. Mid-budget hotels are Alleppey Prince Hotel, Casa Evelyn SeaSide Inn, and Pozhiyoram Beach Resort.
16. Pondicherry – The Former French Colony
Also known as Pondy, Pondicherry is an amalgamation of French architecture and Indian traditions. Imagine a town dotted with colonial structures and streets adorned with bougainvillaea that give an artistic side to it. A look at its picture and one can easily guess that it is Pondicherry. Moreover, its French bakeries and cobblestone streets attract visitors every year. It is a perfect dreamy escape which you can explore on a bicycle too.
Distance From Bangalore: 312 kms (6.5 hours drive)
How To Reach: Chennai Airport is the nearest airport which is 125 kms away and the closest railhead is Villupuram Railway Junction. Besides this, there are several buses that connect major cities of South India with Pondicherry. One can also opt for a long drive and reach the place in about 7 hours.
Romantic Things To Do On Pondicherry Minimoon:
- Opt for a cycling tour and explore the lanes of the former French colony
- Go for water activities like scuba diving and snorkeling
- Opt for a romantic midnight cruise dinner
- Relax by doing yoga
Romantic Stays In Pondicherry: Hotel Le Royal Park and La Villa are the top choice for luxury resorts in Pondicherry. Some of the mid-budget hotels are Villa Shanti, Villa Du Ocean, and The Sunway Manor.
17. Mysore – Known For Its Grand Palaces
Mysore oozes with cultures and traditions which is why it is also known as the ‘Cultural Capital of Karnataka’. With a rich history to look at, Mysore is dotted with amazing palaces and religious places. The city is deeply rooted into traditions even after modern developments. The city offers several tourist attractions to explore for a couple which is why it is perfect for a mini moon in India.
Distance From Bangalore: 144 kms (3 hours drive)
How To Reach: Mysore has got its own railway station which is the best way to reach here. Apart from this one can also drive or opt for taxi services to reach Mysore.
Romantic Things To Do On Mysore Minimoon:
- You can opt for water activities like jet skiing
- Explore the grand palaces and click memorable pictures
- Go for a Joyride and get a panoramic view of Mysore
- Cycle around and explore the streets
Romantic Stays In Mysore: Hotel Rio Meridian, Hotel Samudra, and Lalitha Mahal Palace Hotel are the best options for a lavish stay. Some of the mid-budget hotels are Hotel Ruchi The Prince, Silent Shores Resort & Spa, Sandesh The Prince, and more.
Best Mini Moon Destinations In Northeast India
These places will make you fall in love with them. Northeast has always attracted visitors due to its natural beauty. You never know, your love might get stronger on your mini moon at one of these destinations!
- Mawlynnong – The Cleanest Village In Asia
- Pelling – Monasteries, Historic Ruins, And Surreal Scenery
- Darjeeling – The Queen Of The Himalayas
- Tawang – A Peaceful Town To Explore
- Shillong – The Most Beautiful Destination
18. Mawlynnong – The Cleanest Village In Asia
Mawlynnong has been awarded the title of Cleanest Village in Asia. But this beautiful village in Meghalaya has many more reasons to feature in this list of best minimoon destinations in India.
Mawlynnong is one of more serene villages in country, where surrounding greenery calms the soul and warm hospitality of the locals adds to the overall experience of the stay. Fresh organic food is a cherry on the cake. But the biggest attraction of Mawlynnong are the Living Root Bridges – a nature’s marvel that’ll leave you speechless.
How To Reach: The nearest airport from Mawlynnong is located in Shillong, just 78 km away. The airport is directly connected to Kolkata. Getting a bus or cab from the airport also is easy. Nearest railway station from Mawlynnong is located in Guwahati at a distance of 172 km. From here you can get a bus or taxi to reach the village.
Attractions Of A Mawlynnong Minimoon:
- Take a tour to the Living Root Bridges – a nature-and-man-made wonder
- Get the bird-eye-view of India and Bangladesh up from Sky View
- Romance to the stunning views of the milky Mawlynnong Waterfall
- Take a morning walk in the village to enjoy the fresh morning breeze
- Take an evening walk to meet the locals and discover their way of life
Best Places To Stay In Mawlynnong: Only homestays and guest houses like Ila Jong Homestay and Sahpyngngad Homestay are available. They might not have luxurious amenities, but will host you with remarkable hospitality.
19. Pelling – Monasteries, Historic Ruins, And Surreal Scenery
Located on the West of Sikkim, Pelling fits the bill of favorite mini moon destinations mainly because it pleases everyone from adventure-enthusiasts to laid-back couples. Couples can spend hours looking at the majestic Kanchenjunga Peak from their hotel’s balcony, whiling holding their love close and sipping a hot cup of tea.
Historical ruins, monasteries, waterfalls, and lakes are some of the attractions for honeymooners in Pelling.
How To Reach: Nearest airport from Pelling is located in Darjeeling. It is at a distance of 160 km and connected to cities like Delhi and Mumbai. You can hire your own cab from the airport to reach Pelling. New Jalpaiguri Station is the nearest railway station from Pelling located 152 km away. Taxis are easily available outside the station.
Attractions Of A Pelling Minimoon:
- Head to Kanchenjunga National Park to witness the best of wildlife in the region
- Visit the peaceful monasteries, including Sangachoeling & Pemayangtse, and Rabdentse Ruins – a popular one among the top places to visit in Pelling
- Take a morning walk to the Khecheopalri Lake
- Visit Kanchenjunga, Changey, and Rimbi waterfalls
- Walk on the Singshore Bridge and enjoy the spectacular views
Romantic Places To Stay In Pelling: Chumbi Mountain Retreat & Spa is one of the best places to stay in Pelling for luxury seekers.
20. Darjeeling – The Queen Of The Himalayas
If you wish to see spectacular sceneries that have not been touched by industrialization, then the best place to explore with your spouse is Darjeeling. The locals of Darjeeling welcome tourists with the biggest smiles and warmest hugs. It is a perfect blend of green valleys, toy trains, vast tea gardens, and lofty mountains. Not only this, it also offers the most beautiful views of the Himalayas and lip-smacking local dishes from the Tibetan cuisine that takes everyone’s heart away. All this proves that Darjeeling is one of the best choices for a mini moon in India.
How To Reach: The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport which is just 38 kms away from Darjeeling and can be reached with a simple taxi ride. New Jalpaiguri, the closest rail head, is located 62 kms away. This railway station is connected with the major cities of India. You will find that there are regular bus services to Darjeeling from Siliguri.
Attractions Of A Darjeeling Minimoon:
- Opt for a ride in the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway to catch the most beautiful sceneries
- Take a panoramic and bird-eye view of while Darjeeling from the ropeway
- Head to Singalila National Park and opt for adventure activities and trekking in Darjeeling
- Sandakphu Trek is the best to see the natural beauty
- River rafting is best for adventurous couples
Romantic Stays In Darjeeling: The Elgin and Summit Hermon Hotel & Spa are the best options for a romantic stay. Some of the budget hotels are Hotel Dezong Retreat, Light Inn, and Hotel The Rink Heritage.
21. Tawang – A Peaceful Town To Explore
People in search of a peaceful place in India usually resort to the Northeast as it is loaded with treasure troves for nature lovers. One such place is Tawang which is stationed at an elevation of 3,048 m. It is mainly famous as it is the birthplace of Dalai Lama which is why the place is full of monasteries and positive aura. Apart from this, Tawang is wrapped in the natural beauty to explore for visitors and also offers a great assortment of Tibetan food. No doubt, it is one of the best mini moon destinations in India.
How To Reach: The nearest airport as well as the railway station is 143 kms away in Tezpur. After arriving in Tezpur, you will have to hire a taxi to reach Tawang.
Attractions Of A Tawang Minimoon:
- Must visit Tawang Monastery which is a world-renowned place to explore
- Pass through Sela Pass and see the natural beauty, especially in the winter season
- Do not miss on to Nuranang Falls which is a famous attraction
- Gorichen Peak will give you mesmerizing views that will be etched in your heart for ever
Romantic Stays In Tawang: Some of the best hotels for couples are Zambhala Hotel, Dondrub Homestay, Dolma Cottage, YangZom Hotel, North Hill Homestay, Hotel Taktsang, and Hotel Tawang Holiday
22. Shillong – The Most Beautiful Destination
Often referred to as the ‘Scotland of East’, Shillong is a city of lovers and romance which is why it is one of the best mini moon destinations in India. The city is covered with pineapple shrubs and tall pine conifers which gives the striking image similar to Scottish Highlands. From lakes and waterfalls to museums and peaks, Shillong offers a lot to explore which is why couples cannot get bored at this place. Moreover, the chilly weather in winter and background of lofty peaks makes it perfect for some romance.
How To Reach: The closest airport as well as the railhead can be found in Guwahati. From there, you will have to hire a taxi to reach Shillong. There are regular bus and taxi services that ply between Shillong and Guwahati.
Attractions Of A Shillong Minimoon:
- Explore and swim at one of these waterfalls like Gunner’s Falls, Elephant Falls, and Crinoline Falls
- Go to Shillong Peak or Dumpeep Peak to get the views
- A visit to Botanical Garden is a must to see different plant species
- Pay a visit to one of the churches and seek blessings
- Opt for river rafting in Shillong with your partner
Romantic Stays In Shillong: Best Holiday Inn, Hotel Woodland Hill Stay, Tripura Castle, Pinewood Hotel, The Heritage Club, The Pear Tree, Ken & Twills Guest House, and Aerodene Cottage are some of the best options for stays in Shillong
So while your grand honeymoon awaits, heading off to these best mini moon destinations would be the perfect plan! Which one are you choosing for your mini honeymoon in India? Tell us about how your experience was! Make sure that you pack your camera because you will be encountering the best views ever!
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own rights to any of the images and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Looking To Book An International Holiday?
People Also Read: