The Philippines is the perfect island-hopping destination that offers tourists with over 7000 tropical islands to pick from. A year-round destination, the Philippines experiences warm weather throughout the year and is almost every beach bum’s first choice. The country has a wet and dry climate and April being the last of the drier months here, sees a lot of tourists. If you are planning to visit the Philippines in April, then book well in advance!
Weather In The Philippines In April
The Philippines is warm throughout the year and April is the last of the drier months here following which one can expect rains in the country. The average temperatures during this month range from 23°C to 34°C and it is a perfect time to get a tan at the beach or enjoy various outdoor activities here.
Why Visit The Philippines In April
- April is the last of the dry months which makes it a perfect time to head to the Philippines.
- Also, the schools are closed during April which results in less traffic in the cities, making it easy to explore them during this month.
- It is also a great time to avail of summer offers and promos while shopping in the malls in the Philippines.
Events And Festivals In The Philippines In April
If you are headed to the Philippines in April, then these are a few events and festivals to be a part of. Have a look.
- Allaw Ta Apo Sandawa: Celebrated in the second week of April, it is a festival in which the highland tribes gather in Kidapawan City and pay respects to Mount Apo, the highest peak of the country and which is considered to be sacred. One can join this climb festival and climb the highest mountain in the Philippines via the Mandarangan Trail. The views are magnificent and the environs lush green. There are trekking groups that scale the mountain and one can climb with these groups if they do not wish to do it solo.
When: 2nd week of April
Where: Kidapawan City, North Cotabato
- Boracay International Dragon Boat Festival: This is yet another vibrant festival that one can enjoy in April in the Philippines. Boracay International Dragon Boat Festival is the local version of the famous Hong Kong dragon boat races. There are both international and local teams that compete in this exciting festival. So, are you excited to watch long wooden canoes racing off the White Beach?
- Turumba Festival: This is the longest religious festival celebrated by the people of Pakil in the Philippines. The festival is celebrated seven times during the months of April and May to honor the seven sorrows of the Blessed Virgin of Turumba. The best part of this festival for the tourists to enjoy is the dancing procession during this festival. Also, visit the Pakil Church while you are around for this festival.
When: April & May
Where: Laguna area
- Moriones Festival: This festival takes place a week before Easter and is quite a colorful one where locals can be seen dressed up as Roman soldiers wearing colorful costumes and masks. It is a beautiful festival to be a part of and is celebrated in Marinduque, in its towns namely Boac, Gasan, and Morpog. The highlight of the festival is the parade by locals in these eye-catching costumes, dances, sword fights and more.
When: Saturday, 4 April 2020 – Sunday, 12 April 2020
Where: Boac, Philippines
5 Best Places To Visit In The Philippines In April
April is a great time to spend time at the beaches and explore cooler regions of the Philippines. Read on, to know the top places that should be on your list for April.
One of the places to visit in the Philippines in April is Donsol for whale sharks sightseeing. April and May is the best time to go snorkeling here and enjoying this once in a lifetime opportunity. The weather is great during this month and so is the visibility. Known for having the largest school of whale sharks, you are sure to spot a few at Donsol. Excited to head here?
Things to do: Spot whale sharks
2. El Nido Beach
No trip to the Philippines is complete without spending time on its beaches. El Nido is a beautiful beach to visit on one’s trip to the country. Try to hit the beach at the beginning of April as the temperatures begin to get warm. And if it’s too hot to sunbathe, dive in for a swim! The warm sea temperatures are excellent to enjoy swimming here in April. Do not forget to pack sunscreen!
Things to do: Sunbathing and swimming
3. Mount Batulao
If the weather begins to feel too warm, then you can head to the cooler parts of the country and plan a hike up to Mount Batulao in April. It is one of the favorite destinations with hikers and quite an easy 2 to 3-hour hike. The highlights are the route through the rolling grasslands and finally the panoramic views of Batangas and Tall lake from atop.
Things to do: Enjoy spectacular views
The Philippines usually invokes images of beaches and the sea upon hearing its name, but another beautiful part of this country is its lush green environs and Apil is just the perfect time to head to the rice terraces of Banaue. The months of March and April are the best for exploring the rice terraces which are the greenest during these months.
Things to do: Explore rice terraces
Planning your holiday but confused about where to go? These travel stories help you find your best trip ever!
Another cool haven for April in the mountains of Cordilleras is Baguio. Famously known as the summer capital of the Philippines, this is a favorite with locals and tourists alike. Some of the top tourist attractions here are the Session Road, Burnham Park, Camp John Hay, and Mines View. Head here to enjoy the cooler temperatures during April.
Things to do: Sightseeing
5 Best Things To Do In The Philippines In April
The Philippines is a great country to visit in April as there are a number of activities to indulge in here. Have a look at the ones that you shouldn’t miss on a trip to this country.
1. Snorkeling And Scuba Diving
With the water temperature being perfect, ranging from 24°C–30°C during April, it is a great time to try snorkeling and scuba diving in the Philippines. The best places to try these thrilling activities are Cebu and Bohol. Boracay is another great place where one can view an exotic underwater life.
Where: Cebu, Bohol, Boracay
Though the Philippines has a laid back vibe, there are a number of exciting water sports that one can enjoy here. If adventure sports are your way of relaxing and unwinding then April is a perfect time to surf here. Surfers from around the world come here to surf on some magnificent waves. The offshore winds in April offer a great swell which makes it an ideal time to go surfing. The prime spots to enjoy surfing are Baler, Bacnotan, and Zambales.
Where: Baler, Bacnotan, Zambales
3. Mountain Biking
One of the best ways to explore the remote areas of a destination are by going biking. And mountain biking is a common sport to enjoy in April in the Philippines. There are a lot of tracks available and one can choose from single day easy rides to comparatively difficult ones which are more than a day or might even be a week long. Bike your way to the arduous uphills and enjoy the spectacular views of the place.
Where: Cordillera, Bataan, Palawan
4. Sea Kayaking
April in the Philippines is all about adventure activities and another one on the list is sea kayaking. The islands offer enthusiasts with almost an endless length of crystal blue water to go kayaking. Enjoy exploring the various beaches and beautiful reefs that you would come across while kayaking. One of the best places to try this activity is Northern Palawan. Other areas that offer one sea kayaking are Camarines Sur and Cebu.
Where: Northern Palawan, Camarines Sur, Cebu
Another thrilling activity for those looking to explore the Philippines in April is trekking. And due to the festival, one of the prime places to explore here is the mountains of Apo. Other than this one can also scale the heights of Halcon and Pulag. The experience of trekking only gets better with a night of camping and stargazing! Wander into the jungles, and explore the remote places of this country. The clear water rivers and plunging waterfalls on the way won’t leave you disappointed!
Where: Mount Apo
The Philippines in April has quite a lot to offer to the tourists. From an array of adventure activities to some of the most beautiful places, there is quite a lot to explore and enjoy here. The colorful festivals add on to one’s experience. So, what are you waiting for? Book a trip to the Philippines , and have an amazing time island hopping, swimming with the whales, unwinding at the beaches and more.
Disclaimer: TravelTriangle claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on TravelTriangle, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.
Please Note: Any information published by TravelTriangle in any form of content is not intended to be a substitute for any kind of medical advice, and one must not take any action before consulting a professional medical expert of their own choice.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Philippines In April
Is April a good time to visit the Philippines?
April is the last of the dry months in the Philippines and a good time to head to the country.
What can I do in April in the Philippines?
There are a lot of outdoor activities that one can enjoy in April in the Philippines like sea kayaking, trekking, surfing, diving, and more.
Are there any festivals in the Philippines in April?
Yes, one can enjoy a couple of festivals here in April like Boracay International Dragon Boat Festival, Turumba Festival, Moriones Festival. All these festivals provide a cultural insight into the lives and traditions of the Filipinos and are amazing festivals to be a part of.
Which are the top beaches to explore in the Philippines?
Boracay White Beach and El Nido beach are the top beaches to explore in the Philippines in April.
Which is the cheapest month to fly to the Philippines?
June is the cheapest month to fly to the Philippines.
Is the Philippines safe?
Yes, the country is pretty safe for traveling but one should prefer taking guided tours when exploring the remote locations or going trekking and hiking here.
Looking To Book A Holiday Package?
People Also Read: